Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking on good Friday

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

User45701 wrote: »
    Some of the best sessions i have ever had where good friday in my late teens fantastic parties because it was good friday.

That seems to be the case for a lot of poeple - a rebellious, "try to tell me I can't drink" attitude. If alcohol was allowed to be sold on Good Friday you'd probably see a dramatic drop in sales on the Thursday before. It's more to do with defiance it seems, rather than actually wanting to get drunk (I'm sure some will disagree!).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Well, I don't drink, so I could care less either way.

Now, all I care about is that I get the day off. So if Good Friday means I get time off work, then I am all for it. Too bad it isn't a Bank Holiday as well, we could always use a few more of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

User45701 wrote: »
    Fibbers lost its late licence???

Yes, why not.
    That's what this thread is all about, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Malari wrote: »
    That seems to be the case for a lot of poeple - a rebellious, "try to tell me I can't drink" attitude. If alcohol was allowed to be sold on Good Friday you'd probably see a dramatic drop in sales on the Thursday before. It's more to do with defiance it seems, rather than actually wanting to get drunk (I'm sure some will disagree!).

I've worked hard all week,its friday,ive the weekend off,i like to have a drink,i am not a christian- so there you go.

I haven't really got a major problem with sales being prohibited on friday,i'll get my drink on the way home from work. I understand why some people do have a problem with it,and i'd agree that a good portion of people drink just for the sake of it,rebellion,as you said.

That said,i don't see why it should be forced on everyone not to be able to grab a bottle of whatever at their local supermarket/off license,whatever you say about pubs being closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Nerin wrote: »
    I've worked hard all week,its friday,ive the weekend off,i like to have a drink,i am not a christian- so there you go.

I haven't really got a major problem with sales being prohibited on friday,i'll get my drink on the way home from work. I understand why some people do have a problem with it,and i'd agree that a good portion of people drink just for the sake of it,rebellion,as you said.

That said,i don't see why it should be forced on everyone not to be able to grab a bottle of whatever at their local supermarket/off license,whatever you say about pubs being closed.

Absolutely agree with you. I've lived in Scandinavia where alcohol sales are much more restricted but you work around it if you want a bottle of wine at home. No problem. It's the religious connection I hate. If they tried to ban meat sales I'd feel the same way AND I'm sure people would be going out of their way to buy steaks and have BBQs too, just for the sake of rebellion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pamela111 wrote: »
    Drunkeness is bad for mind, body and soul.

Science says it, common sense says it and God says it. :)
    Which is why God wants us drinkin wine. Hypocrite:rolleyes:
    You go to mass as much as he wants his worship and I guarantee youd be fcukin hammered :pac:

As for everything else, youre right, there is a great deity and he is Raptor Jesus
    RaptorJesus.jpg

I love that picture :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

2 year old thread. Feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

WindSock wrote: »
    2 year old thread. Feck off.

Yeah. I prefer the fact that we've been having a new thread every year since 33 AD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I had the multi-quote button pressed 19 times, I had a fat BOO JA argument against each of the stupid points raised, then I saw the date of the OP and all my air ran out :mad:

Advertisement