Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We've had the sun, now the heat..

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea alot of cloud here ahead of the front and change to cooler weather.. won't be much if any rain from the front though apart from in the NW ;)

around 15/16c here now me reckons and yes humid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

woo hoo, the first sunshine of the day has just broken through the thick cloud.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Unbroken sun here until now, looks like its clouding over from the north.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Sun is out and temperature has shot up, might actually reach 20c.. currently 19c and lurvvvvvvly, hottest of the year so far for sure;)

The sun burnt off a huge amount of cloud in the last hour. To the east, north and south there are completely clear blue skies but to the west the band of cloud is just sitting therenad has been blocking the sun out for the last while, still the sun was nice when it was out for about 45mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

19.9c here, cloudy sky - but lovely warm even in the shade. The sun lounger has come out of winter retirement :-)

Wall to wall sunshine and a lovely day.
    My high of the year in this usually cool spot.

Currently 19.2c

All hail the northwesterly!
    All hail the northwesterly! :D

Even though the cloud to the west is still blocking the sun it feels pleasantly warm here at 19c.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Max of 18.6c at 3:15,clouded over again with temp at 17.3c

LoL atthe unusual day today...
    I see the arklow by pass nra weather station is currently the warmest one in the country.
    Now that doesnt happen often.

Currently sunny and 19.3c here-obviously the station record for the year so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

I was on the M50 at 5am this morning and there was a heavy drizzle coming down at Sandyford. Light drizzle in wicklow area. Did anyone register any rain last night?

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

arctictree wrote:
    Did anyone register any rain last night?

The AWS records .3mm increments and didn't record the 0.1mm of light drizzle that was deposited in the manual gauge this morning.

It was looking good for longest period with no measurable rain in my records, which is 20 days. This period was 16 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Mothman wrote:
    The AWS records .3mm increments and didn't record the 0.1mm of light drizzle that was deposited in the manual gauge this morning.

It was looking good for longest period with no measurable rain in my records, which is 20 days. This period was 16 days.
    0.5mm of rain recorded last night ending the 17 days without measurable rainfall which is two days short of my station record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Didn't record any rain this morning, although there could have been a very very fine misty drizzle, the ground was slightly wet but thought it was actually dew

After a short breakdown over the coming days there is potential for an intense heatwave during towards next weekend. UKMO is the most agressive with temperatures in the midlands and west probably reaching 25/26c if it were to occur.

Rukm1441.gif

If it occurs April will certainly break all temperature records.. will our weather go even more nuts over the coming day? more than possible..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

25c already? That would be a bit too much this early, we need rain at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

bring it on I say! We had a bit of rain here yesterday and more today and Im already sick of it lol. I would love to see 25C and unbroken sunshine next weekend:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Looks like getting very warm this weekend with temeratures well into the 20's for most. Eastern parts cooler with on onshore wind. Thundery showers becoming increasingly likely - at first western parts due to inland convection but later possibly storms from the Bay of Biscay as a depression tries to move up from that direction swamped in a very warm airmass.;)

I have a feeling the high pressure may plonk itself over us for some time Darkman.

To be honest the outlook is almost disturbing, April is set to finish with a CET of around +3.0c above the normal, and being the warmest EVER April..

If the last 18 months aren't evidence of how much our climate has changed i really do not know what is.

To be honest it's beginning to get just a tad over the top.

To be honest it's beginning to get just a tad over the top.

BLASPHEMY!

If this keeps up we wont need to go to spain anymore.

• Advertisement

Well us City Dwellers are getting a cold sea breeze and some misty stuff which is making temperatures struggle to 13/14c

Meanwhile Western coasts have seen temperatures reach 20c at 1pm ;)

Bellmullet and Birr both at 20c at 1pm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ye very disssapointing here in south east meath too, hazy sunshine with some misty spells and a light cool breeze. Its been much warmer some days over the past month. Feels like about 12 to 14C outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely blue skies here and temps of 19°C, fantastic day.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fairly breezy here right now and it's beginning to cloud over. I can see a thunderstorm breaking out here by late afternoon or evening:D

Although it is a beautiful day the ,at times strong, breeze is really spoiling it. However if you are sheltered from it and stil have the sun on you it feels very warm. the bad news is that meteireann say the easterly breeze will continue for the next few days. The style of todays extended outlook is quite dfferent than usual- it gives the speed of the breeze and how the average max temps will be up to 5degrees above average;
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/
    The temp here peaked at 16c a while ago. Meanwhile the west is getting great weather with 21c at both Birr and Belmullet at 2pm.
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dunno what the actual temp was but the car said 18c and its been very nice dispite the easterly. Hoping for a few thunderstorms tomorrow :)

Mike.

Advertisement