Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We've had the sun, now the heat..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Wow, Casement is already at 19c by 11am! Usually Kilkenny and birr lead the way in highest temps. Here in Meath it is 17.5c atm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snowbie wrote:
    18.2c and holding that atm.

Tisnt near that here for some reason!

Struggling to 16c :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The Drogheda bypass weather station has a temperature of 16.9 Celcius at 1 pm! The Dunleer bypass is 1.1 degrees lower, even though the Drogheda bypass recorder is situated at one end of the cable bridge and is very exposed to the east through the boyne valley. Always fairly breezy around there.

The Dunleer one is further away from the sea and is somewhat sheltered by higher ground to its south and east. It's 40 metres higher than the Drogheda but that doesn't explain the temperature difference.

I do know that it's a nice day however:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Tisnt near that here for some reason!

Struggling to 16c :rolleyes:
    Ah the advantages of being that little bit further inland than you.

18.7c at 1:10pm. currently 18.4c.
    Still a gentle sea breeze.

I'm actually slightly further inland than you snowbie and am colder.
    In my experience 2 miles from the sea doesnt make much difference.It's the next 2 miles and the next and so on.

Dublin airport got 18c by the way for a half hour,it's now back to 17c.
    But then it will always be warmer in an urban environment despite the proximity of fields.
    If people are going to try to tell me that the roar of cars on the m50 or the amount of sheds and housing estates near Dublin airport don't have an effect on its temperature especially in summer heat,,I'll go tell them to take a hike.
    Met Éireanns weather station at Clones for instance is located in an open field but they want to close it because they feel it's accuracy is being affected by nearby estates.

I doubt if given a choice the Met would prefer a reading from a station in an estate as opposed to one in open countryside going by their closure policy.

When you read here and else where that its 26c in someones back garden it probably is but thats not a reflection on the athmospheric temperature outside of that comprimised environment.

• Advertisement

Some impressive 2pm temperatures across the country

Kilkenny @ 21c
    Mullingar @ 20c

And a good few at 19c

Dublin still at 17c, up to 17c in my backyard now.. and i just went for a walk and it's actually very warm out there infact almost perfect!

Kilkenny could push 23c today which is pretty amazing ;)

Some impressive 2pm temperatures across the country

Kilkenny @ 21c
    Mullingar @ 20c

And a good few at 19c

Dublin still at 17c, up to 17c in my backyard now.. and i just went for a walk and it's actually very warm out there infact almost perfect!

Kilkenny could push 23c today which is pretty amazing ;)

The mets website says they are actually 1pm temps so Kilkenny really could hit 23c then.
    Here it is the warmest day of the year so far with 19c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Very warm here today - currently +19.4 - hottest of the year so far.

Could hit 20 today....

A

Damn, some clouds have come out of nowhere and are now blocking the sun while all to the north, west and east of me it's clear blue skies! temp back down to 18.4c

Tristrame wrote:
    I'm actually slightly further inland than you snowbie and am colder.
    In my experience 2 miles from the sea doesnt make much difference.It's the next 2 miles and the next and so on.

Dublin airport got 18c by the way for a half hour,it's now back to 17c.
    But then it will always be warmer in an urban environment despite the proximity of fields.
    If people are going to try to tell me that the roar of cars on the m50 or the amount of sheds and housing estates near Dublin airport don't have an effect on its temperature especially in summer heat,,I'll go tell them to take a hike.
    Met Éireanns weather station at Clones for instance is located in an open field but they want to close it because they feel it's accuracy is being affected by nearby estates.

I doubt if given a choice the Met would prefer a reading from a station in an estate as opposed to one in open countryside going by their closure policy.

When you read here and else where that its 26c in someones back garden it probably is but thats not a reflection on the athmospheric temperature outside of that comprimised environment.
    Jaysus,relax,must be the lack of rain or something.

19.7c for a short blip before wind came back.Now fluctuating between 18c and 19c.

• Advertisement

Snowbie wrote:
    Jaysus,relax,must be the lack of rain or something.
    :confused:

Valid opinion expressed.

Steady at 16.4c here all afternoon.

Tristrame wrote:
    :confused:

Valid opinion expressed.

Steady at 16.4c here all afternoon.

Exactly the same here reached 17c for a while though and just under that now ;)

19c in Dublin Airport

The temp in Kilkenny has gone back down to 20c so todays high was 21. There is a strong breeze here at times even though i'm more than 20 miles inland away from the sea breeze- it makes it feel cool at times. Temp is hovering at 19.0c

17c here and falling away.19c at dublin airport at 1500,exactly the same temp i had too.
    Tristrame wrote:
    Is this a valid opinion expressed
    Seems like a stab at a few posters.

Snowbie wrote:
    Is this a valid opinion expressed
    Seems like a stab at a few posters.
    Yes it's a valid opinion and basic geography.
    Ask yourself why met eireann are closing some stations or moving them.
    It's because they are compromised by their urban environment.

If you want to reinvent that valid comment as a "stab" at other users then I'll throw a rolly eyes smiley right back at you and suggest that you not be reading things into valid comments that just isn't there.
    Here :rolleyes: ! there you go.

This forum is all about a discussion of posters data if they have a station or not and all things weather related.Dont think i forgot about the heat island/urban environment discussion we had last year either.You have taken a stab at me and its plain and obvious to see.

If posters record a temperature if its above or below on how or what you think it should be well by all means they can post it.Why it ticks you off is beyond me.
    Telling people to go take a "hike" because its not of your liking is somewhat
    childish as is your post above.
    This is not Met ie here and is of no validity to me regarding your post above.Its the aggressive tone in your original post
    "I'll go tell them to take a hike"
    that has concerned me.

This is a couple of times i notice you being p****d off on this forum in your posting.Calm down.

I think it might be reasonable to point out that I have not told anyone to go take a hike.

Read my post again in the proper context,I will tell anyone what my opinion is regarding the worth of particular temperature readings versus others.

Yes I've used the expression "to go take a hike" to describe my own valid post.
    You could describe any post that disagree's with someone elses as telling them to go take a hike.It's common enough parlance.
    It's not the same as actually going into a thread and saying hey you go take a hike etc etc.
    This forum is all about a discussion of posters data if they have a station or not and all things weather related.Dont think i forgot about the heat island/urban environment discussion we had last year either.You have taken a stab at me and its plain and obvious to see.

I'm afraid as I've pointed out already you are reading something into my post that simply isn't there.
    For the life of me I don't know why.
    This is a couple of times i notice you being p****d off on this forum in your posting.Calm down.
    I'm not going to use any bad language here.
    But I'll fervently disagree with another misreading and misinterpretation by you of my post.

I'm absolutely totally puzzled by your outburst to be honest.

Can we go back on topic now and discuss temperature rather than continue this unneccessary tangent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Hmm, Yes - back on topic - High of 19.7 here today. Hoping for more tomorrow!!

BTW - Tristrame - Did you register any rain last night?

A

Tristrame wrote:
    I'm not going to use any bad language here.
    But I'll fervently disagree with another misreading and misinterpretation by you of my post.
    No you done a good job of that yourself.
    I'm absolutely totally puzzled by your outburst to be honest.
    Now this is a case for the roll eyes smilely.
    I am describing your posts recently,you seem to be annoyed.
    I can understand your trying to defend yourself here but ill constantly reiterate my point.Your tone and also your posting style are not very helpful of late.You will be telling no one to take a hike if you dont like someones comments.

Now lets move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Amazing day here, first day since I moved that it was actually warm in the shade, completely marvellous. They were having barbecues in the Annamoe Trout Fisheries car park today, lovely smells and a sight to see people enjoying the stunning weather :)

Went shopping in Cornelscourt shopping centre earlier and was noticeably cooler and the sky more milky white than blue in colour.

I'm getting bored of this Mediterranean like climate now, some thunder or just normal rain would do nicely!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Still mild out there in calm conditions 14.2c atm.
    Fantastic day all round,enjoy while it lasts.

Snowbie wrote:
    Now this is a case for the roll eyes smilely.
    I am describing your posts recently,you seem to be annoyed.
    I can understand your trying to defend yourself here but ill constantly reiterate my point.Your tone and also your posting style are not very helpful of late.You will be telling no one to take a hike if you dont like someones comments.
    You are of course entitled to your opinion or any interpretation you yourself have on my posts.I'll still disagree though.
    Now lets move on.
    Of course.
    arctictree wrote:
    BTW - Tristrame - Did you register any rain last night?
    A
    No that shower didn't make it to me unfortunately.
    Currently 13.7c

Looking at the latest model data,It seems we are going to be fairly bereft of rain for a while yet with this meandering high pressure.
    The fine weather is nice but plants need mother natures rain too.

Yep,
    Speaking of the plants,just back in from watering mine.The soil thats in direct sunlight was dry almost 4 inches down after turning soil earlier.The plants shaded from sun still had sufficient amount of moisture just beneath top soil though.I guess the hard table is still up high enough at this time of year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wud love if this weather continued till almost November lol.. I dont want any cold days or rainy days unless theres a thunderstorm!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

After this week - this would be hilarious:D

Rtavn13217.png

Hazy here but the temperature is already 18c at 1115am:eek: :D

Down to 17c now

Back to 16c from 17.6c.Feels alot humid today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very dull and misty here today and not feelin nearly as warm as other days due to the lack of sun. Hope the cloud breaks soon!

• Advertisement

It's 100% cloudy here with no sign of any breaks in it. Temp is 15.5c Where did all this cloud come from, yesterday I didn't see anything on the satellite pic.:mad:

Advertisement