Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We've had the sun, now the heat..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Again wall to wall sunshine almost again today.13hrs possible today and just got over 12 1/2 hrs in total.The yellow on the snapshot below on the chart represents solar measured today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

trogdor wrote:
    I know it's nice outside and i'm not complaining but i just had a look back through my records so far this year and this "warm" weather isn't that warm at all here anyway. My highest temp in this spell has been 13.7C yesterday that currently ranks as 9th highest this year, not that great;).

9. 5th April 13.7C

8. 12th Jan 13.9C

7. 9th Jan 14.0C

6. 3rd Jan 14.1C

5. 8th Jan 14.2C

4. 14th March 14.9C

3. 19 Jan 15.1C

2. 27th Feb 15.6C

1. 10th March 17.1C

Same here up till today. Max this month till today 13.7C. 8 days this year with higher temp.

A westerly arrived during night. This is keeping maritime air at bay and temp is already 15C and nearly max of year. May get to near 17C before sea breeze replaces westerly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wouldn't be surprised if 20°C gets broken today in Kilkenny or maybe Casement.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

16.7C here and stilll rising fast, the sea breeze has started to surface now but atm the westerly is winning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Could see some high temps today in the east.

19/20c possible

Currently 13c in Dublin Airport at 11am

Expect it to reach 18c there this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Just checked my thermo outside and indeed its around 15.5c and that's in my deeply shaded thermometer. Feels lovely and the breeze is WARM, lets hope the sea breeze doesn't even make it! ;)

Snowbie wrote:
    By sunday a more predominant westerly wind will take shape over the country combating the sea breeze a bit.Will get a tad warmer here in the east for us lowlander coastal dwellers.
    Well there is a west wind a blowing here at 5-8 mph.Temp 14.7c and steady.Not enough blow in that to stop a sea breeze pushing onshore.Highest temps will be now on shoreline and a gradual decrease from 1oclock onwards if the west wind increases well there is a chance we will get much higher temps for a change here.

Bit of cloud encroaching from the west here

Left over stuff lifting from the midlands me think/hope/pray.:D
    We get our heat from the land and then the cloud:rolleyes:

Temp up to 14.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Im west of you in Meath and we had that cloud over us but it is now dissappearing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

what temp you think it will reach in Naas today? .. lot of cloud cover at the moment and doesn't feel as warm as yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Clear day not a cloud in sight

Current temp in Wateford:14.2

reached 17.4C earlier, new yearly high:D. 16.2C now and some bubbly cumulus and some general haze

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

could someone tell me will tomorrow be dry in Dublin , and tuesday if poss !
    Get conflicting reports , with some saying it may rain tomorrow .
    thanks.

trogdor wrote:
    reached 17.4C earlier, new yearly high:D. 16.2C now and some bubbly cumulus and some general haze
    Indeed.
    When driving down from the boards beers this afternoon (they were last night and where the hell was this boards representation eh ? eh ?)
    Anyhow the jeep thermometer read 18.5c on the stretch from the beehive to north of the Arklow by pass.

My "official" high temp out in the open field was 16.3c.

All hail the westerly
    All hail the westerly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's well warm here too. Cleaning the car at the moment, and it's definetely t-shirt weather. Frequent sunshine breaks and clouds too.:) Long may it last!!

thebaz wrote:
    could someone tell me will tomorrow be dry in Dublin , and tuesday if poss !
    Get conflicting reports , with some saying it may rain tomorrow .
    thanks.

No rain in Dublin for the next 5 days ;)

But tomorrow might get abit Dull for awhile.

Max 15.9c,mix of sun and cloud but tis nice atm.
    15c now.

Broken sunshine today when we got our westerly brought a bit of stratus across the country.Shows up clearly on the graph bottom right.Mix of sun and cloud.

Peaked at 16.7c here which felt warm compared to the 10.1c the other day in the northeasterly

All hail the westerly
    All hail the westerly!

Looking good for the East this week given the prevailing westerly should prevent Irish sea breezes and warm us up.

All hail the westerly!

Currently 15c

• Advertisement

I musn't be hailing the Westerly enough here, the sea breeze broke back in at around 2:30 bringing the temp down to around 12C. We got the Westerly back around a half hour ago and the temp is still rising slowly here, back up to 13.6C

Had also a dip of 2c around that time too and maxed out at 4:20.Strange thing though the sea breeze wasnt the cause.Was cloud and the lack of sun at that time.

stayed westerly here all day
    Now understandably dropping currently 12.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Given the endless storms during the winter just passed, Its making this lovely sunny calm spell all the better to be savoured.
    I've lost count of the last time it wasnt frosty and clear in the morning here, wonderful :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭arctictree

Maxed today at 16.5c

Weather has been great but no rain for the last 2 weeks and none forecast for at least 7 days. I'm an avid veggie gardener and this lack of rain is exactly whats not needed at this time of year...We need the heat but also the rain!!

A

arctictree wrote:
    Maxed today at 16.5c

Weather has been great but no rain for the last 2 weeks and none forecast for at least 7 days. I'm an avid veggie gardener and this lack of rain is exactly whats not needed at this time of year...We need the heat but also the rain!!

A
    Im a keen garderner myself of the flower kind.Soil is still saturated after the winter.If it may not look it on top but is below surface up to 10cm.Its not a drought were havin and especially not to be called that at this time of year.Sun may be stronger but half the strength of that in mid June.Remember your low temps up there in the mtns,the dew levels are enough to saturate top soil in the early mornings and soak before half is evaporated by mid morning sun.A subtle hosing if in doubt but i would not worry about it just yet.:)

Snowbie wrote:
    Im a keen garderner myself of the flower kind.Soil is still saturated after the winter.If it may not look it on top but is below surface up to 10cm.Its not a drought were havin and especially not to be called that at this time of year.Sun may be stronger but half the strength of that in mid June.Remember your low temps up there in the mtns,the dew levels are enough to saturate top soil in the early mornings and soak before half is evaporated by mid morning sun.A subtle hosing if in doubt but i would not worry about it just yet.:)

Agree with that. It's not the weather that mostly drys out the soil, it's the vegetation that sucks the soil dry. Growth is only just getting going. There is not much transpiration happening this time of year in a veg garden with bare earth and seedlings.

Slightly different on a grass farm with a thick sward of grass. I'd say it another dry week may start limiting grass growth.

Sure seeds a bit of water to get them going, but the roots sink down quick enough towards the damp a few cm down. Remember, the wet cools down the soil, so this dryness has an advantage and is counteracting the cold nights.
    A dry spring could certainly impact during Summer, but there is a lot of water (or maybe not) to pass under bridge in mean time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mr. Brightside

It should be WAY warmer here in Massachusetts than in Ireland. I cant believe Im going outside in 2C weather with highs of 9C, mad snow last week, windy, rain etc. when its much warmer back home. Why do I bother travelling abroad?

Cloudy over Wicklow all morning, looks like it's been sunny over Arklow all morn :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

11.4 in the shade

Same as yesterday clear sky no clouds

Advertisement