Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We've had the sun, now the heat..

Options

Comments

Yup the suns out down here but theres a lot of cloud too.

reached 13.3c so far
    Slightly different on a grass farm with a thick sward of grass. I'd say it another dry week may start limiting grass growth.
    Because theres been essentially no heat and a lot of cold nights grass growth has been poor,(eaten grass is not coming back at all due to the harsh north easterlies) so limiting it even further would be a disaster.The ground here is very dry now and getting hard.
    If we keep the warmer weather of the past 48 hours and get the rain at the weekend grass should begin to shoot up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

12.6 now

Thats 1.2 in 30 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Was cloudy earlier but it's nearly all gone now, apart from over the mountains to the west. 14.3C here now and rising quite fast now that the suns out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

13.6c and feels warm in the sun out of the wind.Lots of cloud floating about.

13.4 and still rising woo:D :D:D

• Advertisement

A heavy drizzle has been falling here for the last 10 mins:(

very little sun here now but some now and again with the temp hovering at 14c or so.

gone very very overcast here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowbie wrote:
    A heavy drizzle has been falling here for the last 10 mins:(

Do you live near high ground Snowbie?

I notice all the hills and mountains near here are covered in low cloud with rain on the windward sides, whilst to the lee there is a nice shadow effect.
    Looks like its raining on Scarr which is only a couple of miles from here yet its lovely and sunny here with perhaps 4 octas coverage in its "shadow"

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote:
    Do you live near high ground Snowbie?

I notice all the hills and mountains near here are covered in low cloud with rain on the windward sides, whilst to the lee there is a nice shadow effect.
    Looks like its raining on Scarr which is only a couple of miles from here yet its lovely and sunny here with perhaps 4 octas coverage in its "shadow"
    No high ground from the windward direction today.Was a weak front over the north that reached here for awhile,nothing much though.Again 4or5 octas cloud covering here all morning then 8 octas(overcast and drizzle) but what a glorious end to the day and warm.:)
    Maxed out at 16c currently 14.9c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm suprised that there was rain in Dublin or Wicklow. Completely dry here in North Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Beautiful sunny day here although cloud did pass over blotting out about two hours worth of sunshine, smashing around 3pm though. Hope this weather lasts as I have a week off commencing Friday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

I'm suprised that there was rain in Dublin or Wicklow. Completely dry here in North Leinster.

No rain here, afternoon was a bit cool/cloudy but lovely bright evening. Temp now +10.0c

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hate to be a party pooper, but in 7-10 days it'll feel like winter again. High pressure to the north-west.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Hate to be a party pooper, but in 7-10 days it'll feel like winter again. High pressure to the north-west.

Mike.
    This weather were having atm would be more uncommon than common not saying its freak but it is April a transition month a convective showery month so far not seen yet.A warm dry start can quickly turn back to zonal and would not be surprised if the word sleet isnt mentioned before the month is out.
    Also there is a slim chance by next weeks end that the threat of thunderstorms mainly for the SE as winds swing southerly and introduce some bay of biscay influence for a time with my anxiously awaited threat of storms.Usually too early in the season to talk about such threats but so is this spring warmth some parts of the country has experienced last week.
    Suppose one word sums it up....
    Irerland.

snowbie wrote:
    Maxed out at 16c currently 14.9c.
    Dublin airport maxed out at 14c between 330pm and 6pm and was 13c at 630pm ie still 2 c colder than you at 630pm-why was that ? same was observed at casement 2c colder.
    http://www.weatherunderground.com/history/airport/EIDW/2007/4/9/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Tristrame wrote:
    Dublin airport maxed out at 14c between 330pm and 6pm and was 13c at 630pm ie still 2 c colder than you at 630pm-why was that ? same was observed at casement 2c colder.
    http://www.weatherunderground.com/history/airport/EIDW/2007/4/9/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
    Simple,temp variations due to cloud cover.Unbroken sun here from 4 onwards until sundown.On sunday i had a 2c drop when cloud introduced over my station.(Posted in earlier post).
    Also my apparent solar temp was 19.1c(what temp the sun feels on the skin)
    THSW was 18.5c.(what the temp feels like when temp,humidity,sun and wind or all taken in together.)During daylight THSW is more accurate than the heat index or humidex when temp and hum are only recorded.

EDIT:Just checked the met.ie website and data from there for dublin has only given 4.4hrs of sun.temp etc are missing from yesterdays data.I recorded over 10hrs of sun yesterday.Mostly in the morning then drizzle for a time and then sun to finish of the day from mid afternoon on.It seems that a few miles up the road at the airport was shrouded in cloud for most of the day.
    Casement had a max of 14.7c with 2.1hrs of sun.Not bad temp due to cloud.
    According to Met eireann last night the east had best temps yesterday due to broken sun and unbroken in some places and overcast further west.

Snowbie wrote:
    EDIT:Just checked the met.ie website and data from there for dublin has only given 4.4hrs of sun.temp etc are missing from yesterdays data.
    I don't normally use that site for those details so have only found this
    http://www.met.ie/climate/daily-data.asp
    I see where you got the 4.4 hours now

http://www.met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp

How far are you from Dublin airport? You must be right on the coast,it's amazing the differences in even 2 miles with sunshine.
    I even noticed that driving down on sunday with the less scientific but reasonable guide line of my jeep outside temp thermometer.It would of course been a different story with an on shore.

All hail the westerly
    All hail the westerly :D

About 3 miles SE of the airport and 1.8miles inland roughly Tristrame and 75m lower in height making the airport usually half of a degree colder than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

Next week looks wet, very wet according to GFS

• Advertisement

The last 3 days have all hit above 16C and today it reached 17.3C, second highest this year to 17.8C on Sunday.
    All hail the Westerly
    All hail the Westerly
    We need to start hailing the South-Easterly aswell though if we want to get any French imports on Friday

Temp rose very quickly here this morning,up to 16.1C at 9:50 before the sea breeze kicked up again, it then fell to 12.9C and is now at 13.9C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I have noticed this morning in the model output discussions on other sites that the breakdown to cooler unsettled conditions is now being pushed back to a later date and now next week looks like being dry again. What I wanted to know is does this apply to Ireland too and not just England? Sorry, I know very little about reading the models

rc28 wrote:
    I have noticed this morning in the model output discussions on other sites that the breakdown to cooler unsettled conditions is now being pushed back to a later date and now next week looks like being dry again. What I wanted to know is does this apply to Ireland too and not just England? Sorry, I know very little about reading the models
    I'm no expert either but from what i can see the cold front which would have brought rain to all of the country is held off in the atlantic, but this means that there is more of a chance of heavy scattered showers across the weekend:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Thundery showers are possible moving up from the South Saturday or Sunday. Something to watch out for;)

and even on friday evening/night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Rtavn781.png

This is a very nice chart. 17, 18, 19, 20C and sunny. Gonna be a very nice W/E. Tristame looks like, yes, some inland convection there for the mid west. Could be some sharp showers there. I think Suday though may be more widespread heavy or thundery rain.:)

My sensor says 24.2 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Recorded 20.9c today. Felt warm allright, but 20.9c is quite high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A class day today, temperatures should reach 19c

During Saturday and Sunday it looks like 20c will be broken in quite a few spots.;)

Advertisement