Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeb spotting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

AWH I'd love to meet Jamelia. She does seem really on telly and interviews and stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

I served TWINK in shop!!!

cant beat that can you?

Oh also Kerry Katona, very glam shop ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

,i met tommy tiernan at the zoo ages ago,

They should have left him in there

Tommy Tiernan rocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Hi all, new to the forum ,

some celebs i have come across in my time (and spoken to ) include ringo starr (amsterdam , got his autograph and sold it when i was hard up aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh ) Judith Durham ,who ??? ''hey there georgie girl '' (Liverpool , lovely lady still have hers ) and i once met johnny logan in a hospital waiting room lol, and more recently got talking to liz mc laren (very nice ) from Atomic Kitten at a special function in liverpool a few months ago . ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

ah cool.... thanks :D much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Ive seen loadsa guys from Fair City!

Mick, Mondo's da [prick], incest-boy's da

ive met singers Jem and Gavin DeGraw

seen loads out and about, Ray Sha, was talkin to Kate Lawlor [winner of Big brova] in a bar a few months ago

even that guy Julian off UTV!

Emma Griffiths and Dave Berry from MTV

Oh, the weatherman off TV3, Marty? [moody git]

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Andrew 83 wrote:
    I ran into Chris Martin from Colplay on Grafton Street one night a few years ago after a Turn gig, he gave me a free David Gray CD!

Better than coldplay

unreggd wrote:

even that guy Julian off UTV!

? [moody git]

Im so jealous...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Rawr! wrote:
    Tommy Tiernan rocks!
    I met Tommy Tiernan outside Abrakebabera one night just off Grafton Street it was just after he was on Ted. When he came out I just said "howya tommy" like a typical paddy. He kept walking but threw his fist up into the air and shouted "Up The Revolution" at the top of his voice. It was pretty funny. I had a session once with a band called TV on the Radio. I dont know if they count as celebrities to most people but they do to me.

Awh Tommy is just such a legend... I had a dream about him a few weeks ago! LOL...... *wink wink*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

unreggd wrote:
    Ive seen loadsa guys from Fair City!

Whats Fair City :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

I've met a few in my time, ray D'Arcy a few weeks ago in temple bar, the corrs all of them in a dundalk off-licence, bono 1 day and i didn't even know it was him my girlfriend had to point him out and sunita from corrie 1 day in airport..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

The-Rigger wrote:
    Better than coldplay

Turn or David Gray? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MikeHoncho wrote:
    I met Tommy Tiernan outside Abrakebabera one night just off Grafton Street it was just after he was on Ted. When he came out I just said "howya tommy" like a typical paddy. He kept walking but threw his fist up into the air and shouted "Up The Revolution" at the top of his voice. It was pretty funny. I had a session once with a band called TV on the Radio. I dont know if they count as celebrities to most people but they do to me.

He bought a mic and some minidiscs in the shop I used to work in in town a couple of years back. We got talking to him and he gave us tickets to one of his gigs that was comeing up in Vicar st. Nice bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

I didn't exactly spot Joe McFadden, because we went to the stage door after the last performance of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in Edinburgh. Great actor, and really really nice guy - put all his packages down on the wet pavement so we could get a photo with him, and he signed autographs, and chatted.

And he's got eyelashes to die for. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

tracy from fair city spent paddy's day down here in castleisland!! she was out watching our parade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭loodles

I saw Roy Keane in Manchester Airport in January. He boarded the plane infront of us and tripped going up the steps- twice. Myself and a few friends were behind him and couldn't help but erupt with laughter! Needless to say he was a little embarrased! Classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

Last Wednesday at about 2 o'clock I saw the fella with the really really dark 5 o'clock shadow near St.Agnes' Church in Crumlin.

In the summer of 1995 I delivered post to Mr. Suzuki of The Suzuki Method who was staying in the UCD student campus accommodation. I was working there. Not that big a deal but I had a Japanese girlfriend at the time, and she didn't believe me.
    Another time I said Ommedetto to Takumo Sato when he won his race at Mondello.

I've seen Emma O'Kelly a few times around near where I live.

Last year I was at a schools rugby match and Tony Ward walked by me, I was so in awe of him I couldn't bring myself to say howya, he must be sick of it at this stage. He was in the Ireland team when I was younger.

Served Jayo once after a GAA match.

Could have SWORN it was yer woman from Primetime in Superquinn on Sundrive road a couple of years ago. Dressed really dowdy, but looked like her.

15 or so years ago this weekend I met the cartoonist from the San Francisco Weekly or the SF Bay Guardian. Big gang of us locked....

Saw the black actor from Lethal Weapon one time too while in SF.Jesus, whatsisname....????
    Saw several people walking around Grafton St. (Bamber Gasgoine) Next in Jervis Centre(Sinead can't carry a tune O'Connor) and the Ilac Centre (Van Morrison). Brian Dobson in that lightshop near St.John Rodgerson's Quay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Sir Bobby Robson, Paul Walsh and Alan "Smudger" Smith, all very nice and posed with me for photos in Cardiff hotel.

Damian Duff sat behind me on plane.

Richard keys same hotel as me in cardiff who thought I was mad for eating haggis.

Mohamed Al Fayed very approachable when he does his walks in Harrods.

Dara o'bien seen at the Emirates., actually have seen him also on plane couple times.

Ian Wright wright.

Niall quinn, very nice likes his racing.

Ainsley Harriott at The Arsenal numerous times, big chap.

Dennis Bergkamp seems to like having tea in Harrods.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Also saw Richard Ashcroft on an Aer Lingus flight from Birmingham one time, and Daniel O'Donnell abnd Margo on a bmi flight from Heathrow to Dublin. Wee Daniel evidently doesn't like to travel like a star, he was sitting in economy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Panda100 wrote:
    Already this week I have jogged beside the russian one from Fair city in my gym
    Are you in westwood clontarf? I saw her there last week in the reception area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

JustCoz wrote:
    Are you in westwood clontarf? I saw her there last week in the reception area
    Nah David Loydd in Clonskeagh. Tis star spotting central!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Was collecting friends from dublin airport a couple of years ago and Shane Mc Gowan was on the same flight as them, i saw come out of the plane and go straight towards the airport bar!

Was collecting friends from dublin airport a couple of years ago and Shane Mc Gowan was on the same flight as them, i saw come out of the plane and go straight towards the airport bar!
    haha good aul shane, my friend served him in a shop and they had to get hime a chair cause he kept falling over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

descry wrote:
    haha good aul shane, my friend served him in a shop and they had to get hime a chair cause he kept falling over

I work in Dublin Airport and have seen countless celebs (including many so-called A-Listers!) but the one that I'll always remember was Shane McGowan a couple of years back. He was with his now fiance and had to be wheeled through the airport in a wheelchair, he was so out of his tits drunk.... steamin he was!! The girls on the Aer Lingus desk looked at him and could do nothing. Anyone else wouldn't have stood a chance at getting on the flight!! He was very placid and didn't cause one bit of a stir, considering the state he was in.

Also saw Barney McKenna from the Dubliners in a similar state to Mr. McGowan........True pi$$ed up legends!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

nikki hayes took me my boyfriend my brother and a few of our friends up to her hotel room after the DKIT freshers ball!! !i was the only girl there and she kept hugging me saying that we were the only ones allowed the vodka!!!lolololol she's nuts but great craic!!!
    oh yeah and i was on the irish programme "its a family affair" a few years bak and dara o brien presented it so met him efore he became mega famous!!!also saw miley from glenrow or faircity whatever he was in, in the rte canteen that weekend lolol mad stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Said How'ya to Phil Lynnott many years ago in Baldoyle. He was sitting on a wall with his kids. They had just been to a carnival there.Regret not sitting beside him for a chat. He was really friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

I live in Dalkey so always I spot a few round here, Bono is often spotted strolling along the main street as well as the Edge, Neil Jordan, Jim Sheridan lives here too (though I’m told he’s selling his amazing house)...there’s actually a ton who own property here but I haven’t seen them all.

Pat Kenny lives just down the road from me and I often see him walking his huge dogs (he wears these hilarious yellow ear muff looking things with a radio in them so he can keep up with current affairs, also let me just say the makeup artists in RTE are VERY talented to improve that face!)

I guess my biggest celebrity spot was when I went to the Alexander Premiere and after party, the party really wasn’t that big and the celebs were all mingling so we got up close and personal with Colin Farrell. Went up chatting to Val Kilmer at the party and he agreed to have his photo taken with me- the random punter who offered to take it couldn’t figure out how to work the camera and Val was getting restless waiting for the picture to be taken, it was very embarrassing posing with him for so long, a bit awkward!

Also we met Oliver Stone who allowed us to have our photos taken with him too. I didn’t get to talk to her but two of my friends got to meet Angelina Jolie. There was a free bar at the party so we were all pretty hammered, then at the end most of the crowd was gone (around 2am or so) and all the celebs were gone, we were just messing about and next thing Oliver Stone shows up, just wandering around on his own and the guy is PLASTERED! So he comes over to us and starts talking crap, we took loads of photos of us and the dude, he was hilarious! However he was very very sleazy! I couldn’t believe that this was THE Oliver Stone drinking with us (5 20 year old girls!) Also, while he was posing for the photo’s he turns to my friend, (she’s very pretty) and puts his hand on her ass and says “Are you a Catholic?” …I kid you not! We were in hysterics; the old guy was so drunk! :p Then we were leaving and he told us to take all the posters/etc we wanted, so we took the huge adshell size posters from the entrance hall, still have mine its gorgeous! My mum still has the pic of me and Oliver Stone on our kitchen notice board- I think she was a little jealous!

What else, em, oh this happened to my best mate last week: She was walking he dog on Killiney beach and it was starting to rain, the place was deserted, and this tall guy in black jeans with scruffy hair was walking along near her- the dog spots this guy and runs over, jumps up on him and covers him in muck. She runs over to get the dog and apologise, not looking at his face, and he’s really cool about it and says in this slurry posh type accent “You’re alroysh, no bother at all.” (Hard to describe but you’ll get the idea when I tell you who he is!) She kind of recognises his voice, looks up and nearly screams. Her dog is after covering BOB GELDOF’s jeans in muck!!! :eek: Then she’s getting into her car in the car park awhile later and he turns up beside her- his BMW happens to be parked beside hers, and he gives her a nod and once again she nearly dies!

And I didn’t actually meet him, but years ago my house and the bathroom of my house was used as a set for the movie “Da”, starring Martin Sheen. Apparently Martin Sheen has pee’d in our toilet! That’s actually my favourite celebrity story believe it or not :D

Advertisement