Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeb spotting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Saw Marty Morrisey in Heathrow yesterday evening, and Colin Farrell was on my flight home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Minesapint

Always seeing lots of the Irish rugby guys around Donybrook-do they count as celebs, since its mostly girls deciding here?! Also saw Andrea Roache and Gay Byrne in Dundrum shopping centre recently-pathetic celeb spot really!
    Also saw Gordon Darcy and Jamie Heaslip (Leinster Rugby) at a Blizzards gig- Out of interest and to settle a bet- does anyone know who Jamie Heaslip's girlfriend is-and is she some model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Noel Gallagher was on my flight from Singapore to London before Christmas, he was queuing behind me in the Duty Free. I wish I'd said something to him but I was too scared, I heard he can be an asshole anyway.

I met some of the Neighbours actors in Australia: Toadie, Paul, Ned, Lyn, Max and Janae. I was in a lift with Bryan McFadden years ago, he lit up a fag in the lift and the other woman there started bending his ear off over it (and rightly so!)

Also spotted Kelly Jones on Grafton Street a couple of years ago and Take That at the airport last month. I met Louis Walsh, a few people off You're A Star (though I didnt know who they were) and Tabby from the X-Factor at work.

But my favourite was getting stagedived on by Julian Casablancas from The Strokes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Lynfo

Was drinking with one of the guys from The Panel in madrid at the weekend. Not exactly a celeb, I know, in fact I wouldn't have known him at all only my friend recognised him. He came across as quite full of himself, and one of his mates told me that he was expecting drinks to be bought for him all night cos he was 'famous' :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

descry wrote:
    I served TWINK in shop!!!

cant beat that can you?

Oh also Kerry Katona, very glam shop ;)

i used to go to her acting school.

i regret not taking her out when i had the chance

(i HATE HER SO MUCH!!!)

she was such a bitch and useless at getting ppl into auditions.

she kissed me on the cheek once, it was nasty.

i dont think i have met many celebrities...
    i saw the female news reporter on RTE in dundrum
    i have met darren shan once. he was really nice.

EDIT:

just remembered i met dave grohl and the creater of the kids show Ed, Edd and eddy...he came to our school once lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

This post is NOT an April Fools joke

Where: Stansted Airport
    Date: April 1st
    Time 17.35

Who: Jude Law

My parents were over for the weekend and I was dropping them back to Stansted airport today. They were in the queue at the Ryanair desk to pay for a bag they wanted to check-in and mrs. r3nu4l nudged me and pointed to a guy ahead of us in the queue.

It was Jude Law, wearing jeans, a black leather jacket and round sunshades with large white frames! He was with his kid and what looked like a childminder. So today I learned that Jude Law flies Ryanair too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Oooh now that is good! And he's in Dublin is he?

Some stalking will have to be done me thinks :D

Lynfo wrote:
    Was drinking with one of the guys from The Panel in madrid at the weekend. Not exactly a celeb, I know, in fact I wouldn't have known him at all only my friend recognised him. He came across as quite full of himself, and one of his mates told me that he was expecting drinks to be bought for him all night cos he was 'famous' :eek:

Which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I never meet anyone famous...

except for Joe Mooney (Father Damo in Father Ted)

and Michael Greco (Beppe from Eastenders...sexiest voice ever!)

thats about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

ClareBear wrote:
    Oooh now that is good! And he's in Dublin is he?

Some stalking will have to be done me thinks :D
    Not sure he's in Dublin, he was in the queue at the general Ryanair desk where you pay to put baggage in the plane cargo hold or pay excess baggage charges or have a general complaint etc., not the queue for the Dublin check-in desk :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Here's a few celebrities I have met randomly (i.e. not at movie premieres etc.):

Pierce Brosnan(and the rest of the 'Remington Steele' cast:D ) in my Dads pub when I was about 6!
    Kim Basinger at Stillorgan shopping centre.
    Kevin Spacey on Leeson St.
    Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones in Lisbon.
    Colin Farrell in the Windjammer pub (at 11.00 in the morning!)
    Larry Mullen sitting beside me at an Irish game.
    John McGinley(Dr. Cox from 'scrubs'), twice in the space of a year, in Temple
    Bar.

Also, countless footballers over the years at airports and hotels - the most memorable being Ray houghton who spent a couple of hours chatting with us about anything and everything over a few pints!

The most memorable of the lot was Andie McDowell on Dame St.....She was stepping onto the road looking to the left and oblivious to a speeding car coming from the right. I actually had to dash and physically grab her by the arm to pull her back onto the path. She was visibly in shock and pale for a few seconds and it was only when I was making sure she was ok that I realised who it was. When she came out of it she uttered the immortal words -'Holy ****, I'm an idiot. That was a close one. I was very nearly a goner....God bless you sir.' .....I probably saved her life:eek:

r3nu4l wrote:
    Not sure he's in Dublin, he was in the queue at the general Ryanair desk where you pay to put baggage in the plane cargo hold or pay excess baggage charges or have a general complaint etc., not the queue for the Dublin check-in desk :)

Ah boo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

wow some great stuff on this thread. heres mine.

I got a kiss (on the cheek) from anna friel in judge roy beans one night after myself and a friend "rescued her" from some freaky fans.

I met james hetfield from metallica on grafton street with his missus some years ago. nice bloke, prefers burgerking to mcdonalds.

met yer man who sings for manic street preachers in bruxelles pub few years back (cant remember his name now). Hes tiny but a good laugh after a few beers.

Met neil diamond in stephens green in the rain. Nice guy, shoite singer

was on a plane with paul burrell just before celebrity show he did.

met anthony minghella after he release the english patient. True gentleman.

Still my fav celeb story is this and unfortunately is wasnt me. My mate's uncle is a massive movie buff, pals with jim sheridan and that. he was out for dinner with his missus in city centre one day and at a table nearby is james caan and colm meaney. Being a movie buff but not an intruder, he asked the waiter to send a bottle of whatever the boys were drinking to their table but not to tell them who it was from. You can imagine what happened next, they demanded to know and came over to thank him and asked why he did it. He told him it was his way of showing his fandom for their work. so they pulled up a chair and had a few drinks. It got embarrassing for him when his wife told meaney he was great in Rob Roy!!! (he wasnt in Rob Roy!)

faceman wrote:

was on a plane with paul burrell just before celebrity show he did.

Did he mention his good friend Tom Hanks?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

mine is the guys from Counting Crows, i am a MASSIVE fan of theirs and was in dublin airport early one morning, was still half asleep going for my flight. When i saw Ben Mize and Immy (drummer and guitarist) outside, i nearly wet myself, went over and talked to them and got photos and all, realy nice guys. I then asked then was the rest of the band around and he informed me that they had come over the previous night on the boat. i was heartbroken cause i'd always wanted to meet the singer Adam Duritz, he was like my idol at the time (i was young!!!!) when i was finished talking with the guys i was walking back into the airport and was turning the corner when i banged straight into Adam, i dropped my bag and everything, he picked it up for me and apologised - i've never been as star struck in my life. i asked him for his autograph and pic and he kindly obliged before telling me he hoped he'd see me and my friend and their gig a couple of nights later. Best day of my life.

Yes i am a loser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I met the ultimate celebrity...... wait for it...... Ray Shah.
    I also played football with Bryan McFadden (he is muck) and met Ronan Keating and some shels player. My distant uncle Gary O'Shaughnessy got 6 points in the Eurovision in 2001 Ryan O'Shaughnessy (aka Mark Halpin in fair city) is my secound or third cousin or something. We dont even have the same last name so not alot of people know we are related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭RadioGaGa

trent johnston aka the ireland cricket team lived on my road in Clontarf. I saw PJ Gallagher the guy from Naked Camera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

I met Steve Collins (the boxer) at an Eminem gig a few years back. He was with his young kids. Later on in the gig a guy got stabbed in the head with a pen or something about 10metres from us and steve.....:(

met Brendan Gleeson and his wife in a dublin restaurant, he's a lot taller than you'd think.

theres other but couldnt be arsed writing them down..maybe later...

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Nunu wrote:
    Kim Basinger at Stillorgan shopping centre.

lol I bet a Hollywood Star like her was well impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

I met Aidan Quinn on a flight from Dublin to Cork once. Was introduced to Gerry Adams by a friend. Was at the same party as Steven Tyler and Joe Perry and a couple of the guys from the band Boston. I've seen Matt Damon and Ben Affleck a couple of times around Cambridge. Oh and Ben's wife Jennifer Garner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I met Fair City's Mongo out in Celbridge a few months ago. Sorry but I have to win with that! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

tampopo wrote:
    Last year I was at a schools rugby match and Tony Ward walked by me, I was so in awe of him I couldn't bring myself to say howya, he must be sick of it at this stage. He was in the Ireland team when I was younger.

Forgot about him. Never thought to count him cos he's just someone I play(ed) indoor football against. He doesnt like people in his space and kind of gives off an air of "who are you to be tackling me". I kept really tight to him and kind of rolled him when he tried to move away from me so he got annoyed and hit me in the chest. I laughed at him.

He appologised after though and was always a decent guy to talk to. Very good fooballer (when he had the ball, very lazy when he didnt)

Oh, i was chatting to Dev from coronation street one night a couple of years ago at the opening of a new bar n O'connell St. Jennifer Ellison was there too, didnt get to talk to her but shes super looking

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I met chris de burgh and that critic from the The Restaurant (not Doorley the other one) in Dundrum last night. Not really exciting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 peeteyweetey

Minesapint wrote:
    Always seeing lots of the Irish rugby guys around Donybrook-do they count as celebs, since its mostly girls deciding here?! Also saw Andrea Roache and Gay Byrne in Dundrum shopping centre recently-pathetic celeb spot really!
    Also saw Gordon Darcy and Jamie Heaslip (Leinster Rugby) at a Blizzards gig- Out of interest and to settle a bet- does anyone know who Jamie Heaslip's girlfriend is-and is she some model?

My friend knows her well says she's really cool don't know if she models-she could do though, I know she's from Northern Ireland which is alwys good!
    Met her out one night, I was pissed but I do remember she was really friendly, and hot! Go Heaslip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Joe Mooney (Father Damo in Father Ted)

Joe Rooney...he can't be that famous :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

When I worked in a Londis I served Twink (her credit card didn't say Twink though...) (was a bit of a knob, called me Dahling) and Laura Izibor. (she used to be in my school, 2 years ahead) Also met Ray D'Arcy on a campsite in the backarse of Galway, who was shocked I wanted his autograph, he's lovely though :) (childhood hero-the den anyone?) Got a book signed by Michael Palin (Monty Python etc) bout 2 years ago. Saw yer man who does the sports news on RTE in Dublin Castle too (Colm ..??)

Oh the glitz and glamour of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Oh! I also met the guys from Billy Talent outside the Temple Bar Music centre after theor gig last Sept. Yup yup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Vanessa Feltz and fiance/husband in Trinty this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

xebec wrote:
    Vanessa Feltz and fiance/husband in Trinty this morning.

"Trinty":eek:

There you have it now - we've a new university, "Trinty"

dear oh dear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 pixiearoo

I helped Elle Mc Phearson in Quiksilver in Sydney when I worked there(she's much better in the Pics), Dan from Home and Away was in and Jeri May off RTE was in too, have to say she was lovely, met Alex Parks in Byron Bay with her GF... It was a few weeks ago but Iv just come home!

Advertisement