Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N20 thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

their could be a lot of different causes, best not to speculate. I travel that road often and I dont find it that bad. South of Charleville is grim in places yes but Charleville to Bruff is OK in my book....(its some of the drivers that are bad not the actual road.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

I wonder if there would be any legal arguments that the relatives could take against the goverment for incorrectly prioritising the roads program? I doubt it, but you never know.

I've wondered that myself before too, in relation to the N20 but also the N11.

In this case, the argument could analyse the accident rate on Mallow->Croom Vs the accident rate on Gort-Crusheen particularly given the government's previously stated commitment to prioritise in favour of road safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭gjim

Calina wrote: »
    If someone can point me at an An Taisce link regarding what I assume must be a press release about it not being necessary to upgrade the N20, I would be grateful. I have a few words I would like to say to them on that subject including the words "planet" and "what" and "living on".
    You probably won't find it.

I went to look for it and the only reference to the quote was on irishtrucker.com and a building/construction industry website and a reference on the Irish Examiner. None gave any context to the comments.

Let's face it, there's a large contingency of knuckle-draggers in the country who like nothing better than to whip themselves into a state of purple-faced indignation over something or other An Taisce have supposedly said or done. If you claimed that An Taisce was in fact a front for a bunch of international asylum seeking, paedophile, drug dealing neo-Imperialist aristocratic British muslim extremists you'd find a willing audience of outraged folk who'd find it credible.

This credibility is exploited by all sorts of special interests like auctioneers, local councellors and builders to advance their interests and convince the gullible that An Taisce are to blame for every ill in the country. build.ie know this well so if they want to quote anyone who has questioned the AADT figures being used to justify a road, they know that using An Taisce is gold. I'm sure we can all trust that build.ie are very careful to represent the opinions of a self-funded volunteer heritage group in a fair and balanced way.

It's probable that Lumley probably did make some hippy-dippy claims but it was probably within the context of some call for investment in the rail link between Limerick and Cork and/or among concerns about something about the route, etc. There's no pointing in bothering to find out what Lumley actually said; that just takes all the fun out of the national sport that is An Taisce-baiting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There is no money , how many times do I have to repeat this truism . An Taisce is a Chimera !

Advertisement