Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 paul1972

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1443.JPG
    these are photos of my 30-06 she has a timmley trigger and a 26.5inch heavy barrel
    where was the pistol grip done on your mauser it looks really well done ????
    its a pity you didnt hold it ,, looks like a really nice rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That Kongsberg is lovely. How does it shoot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

paul1972 wrote: »
    IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1443.JPG
    these are photos of my 30-06 she has a timmley trigger and a 26.5inch heavy barrel
    where was the pistol grip done on your mauser it looks really well done ????
    its a pity you didnt hold it ,, looks like a really nice rifle

It was done locally. Beech I think it was made out of. I traded her against a Sako 75. She was very accurate. Way more accurate than a .303 lol. (although U could not get one back then)

That Kongsberg is lovely. How does it shoot?
    it kills me to say it but it shoots much better than i ever will ,,
    we have gotten 1 inch groups at 250meters
    all that lets the combo down is me

It was done locally. Beech I think it was made out of. I traded her against a Sako 75. She was very accurate. Way more accurate than a .303 lol. (although U could not get one back then)
    any chance you can send a PM and let me know who did the work
    personally i would go for a mauser over a LE any day
    i am espically fond of the konsberg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

........ Way more accurate than a .303 lol......

Big statement :eek:

Maybe you should come to a VCRAI shoot and see lads who know what they're doing with a .303 shooting one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

what model mauser is that it looks a M96 but the pistol grip stock has me ,,,,,
    i have a M38 myself the short rifle with the 23.5inch barrel as apposed to the 29inch on the 96 ,, i used to have a 96 myself but find the 38 much handier

It's a special left-handed one. Very rare & valuable. ;)

Maybe you should come to a VCRAI shoot and see lads who know what they're doing with a .303 shooting one :P
    shot the .303 many times real nice rifle with a super smooth bolt ,,
    my ideal rifle would be a 98 action with the .303,s sights,,
    would love to attend a vcrai shoot and see some of the rifles those lads have

It's almost 10 years since I owned that rifle.

It was 3/4" @200 with Lapua ammo 108 grain 6.5

Several guys had them and shot well with them.
    You probably don't remember as you were not a member of Midlands then and VCRAI did not exist ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

my ideal rifle would be a 98 action with the .303,s sights,,

Buy a P14 (or P17)

• Advertisement

Mr.Flibble wrote: »
    Buy a P14 (or P17)
    have been looking for a p17 for a long time now ,some day one will come my way,,,,,,want the P17 though as i like the 30-06

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

You probably don't remember as you were not a member of Midlands then and VCRAI did not exist ;)

You don't have to be a member of midlands to shoot well and I remember bunny knocking around out there a good few years now.

You don't have to be a member of midlands to shoot well and I remember bunny knocking around out there a good few years now.

I was there when it opened it's doors ;)

And does this mean you shoot better or have more experience than a person that wasn't??

I think not. :D

And does this mean you shoot better or have more experience than a person that wasn't??

I think not. :D

My Point was
    Prior to all the Lee Enfields
    The Mauser was the Irish Classic Rifle of choice.
    Nothing else.

If you were a long time member you would remember that.
    Mausers are more accurate in 6.5x55SE than LE .303 Standard infantry rifle
    That is what I was saying.

Folk wanted .303's because A ammo is cheaper and B because they fired them as part of the DF back in the day.

The 6.5x55se was Popular prior to the .303/.308 .30-06 etc coming on stream here.
    When there was more availability they faded from favour/fashion

I'm there long enough to remember the 150 yard backstop for the hornet boys and the CZ Silhouette with the leapers scopes coming and going.

And yes the Mauser was well liked and still is.

All I'm saying is, if thats the point you wished to make, why not say it instead of speaking in riddles which could be mistaken as snide remarks.

I'm there long enough to remember the 150 yard backstop for the hornet boys and the CZ Silhouette with the leapers scopes coming and going.

And yes the Mauser was well liked and still is.

All I'm saying is, if thats the point you wished to make, why not say it instead of speaking in riddles which could be mistaken as snide remarks.

Point of Fact,
    I did not start a slagging match.
    I showed a picture of my old rifle to a guy who uses one similar.
    Someone else tried to lower the tone.

I don't speak in riddles, however I do reply smartly to a smart remark (I should rise above and ignore)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

It's almost 10 years since I owned that rifle.

It was 3/4" @200 with Lapua ammo 108 grain 6.5

And why are you assuming my current .303 is my first classic rifle :confused:
    .............Mausers are more accurate in 6.5x55SE than LE .303 Standard infantry rifle
    That is what I was saying........

Well your WRONG !!!!!! Ask what rifle won the Classic rifle shoot in Midlands on Sunday and what came second the next time you're there :D And there was at least one CG63 Mauser and at least one Infantry Mauser being fired :P Funny, I didn't see you at this comp :confused:

For your info a Lee Enfield in .303 came 1st & 2nd and a Garand in .308 came 3rd :)

And if you have a look on the VCRAI site you'll see Lee Enfields regularly beat Mausers :)

And AFAIK the only reason the Mauser was the rifle of choice was because the DOJ refused to licence Lee Enfields in .303 up to very recently.

I too remember the 150 yard backstop. Was great for the Hornet :)

The only person who lowers the tone around here is you with your continous stupid comments that only serve to prove you have no idea what you're talking about most of the time and when you're proven wrong you continue to dig the f***ing hole !

Point of Fact,
    I did not start a slagging match.

I don't speak in riddles, however I do reply smartly to a smart remark (I should rise above and ignore)

I'm certainly not slagging anyone merely observing an inability to state/communicate the desired information in a clear and concise manner.

How you accept or react to constructive feedback is up to you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Lads, this is the photo thread so can we please keep it to photos. Any other discussions should be in a thread of their own.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Groups to follow tomorrow
    151408.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

Update on my Aics Remmy.

Story so far....
    Remington 700 Sps stainless 22-250-recrowned
    Aics Stock
    Timney trigger
    Deben Bipod
    Two piece picatinny rail + Burris rings
    Nightforce NXS 8-32x56

009kv.jpg

008xd.jpg

To do list:

Nightforce direct mount
    Re-barrel to .308
    Action Blueprinted
    Muzzle break
    TRIGGER TIME!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

Groups to follow tomorrow
    151408.jpg

beaut, what length barrel did you go with after tac?

Hi Vermin Hunter

I went 24" as I felt 26" was just to long for field conditions.

I am very happy with accuracy to date during the run in 40 rounds.

It was a horrible day today to try it out properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

Few pics of my new Ruger 10/22.

Ruger 10/22 lr.
    Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14x44.
    Butlers Creek Folding Stock.
    SAK Moderator.

ruger2.jpg

ruger1b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

MKE T-43 .223. Semi-Auto version of a HK 33.

072.jpg

073.jpg

Beside her bigger brother Portuguese FMP Semi-Auto .308...

078.jpg

Imported by John Kavanagh @ fingal sports, I have to say that the guy is a breath of fresh air compaired to alot of RFDs Ive had the misfortune of dealing with. He also imported (normally I import my own guns myself to save hassle and actually get the gun at R.R.P) the FMP for me as he was such a gentleman to deal with and bang on the money with his prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

MKE T-43 .223. Semi-Auto version of a HK 33.

072.jpg

073.jpg

Beside her bigger brother Portuguese FMP Semi-Auto .308...

078.jpg

Imported by John Kavanagh @ fingal sports, I have to say that the guy is a breath of fresh air compaired to alot of RFDs Ive had the misfortune of dealing with. He also imported (normally I import my own guns myself to save hassle and actually get the gun at R.R.P) the FMP for me as he was such a gentleman to deal with and bang on the money with his prices.

Is that an air soft gun or the real deal. I doesn't seam to have an ejector port or am I looking at it all wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    Is that an air soft gun or the real deal. I doesn't seam to have an ejector port or am I looking at it all wrong

Either Ive 540+ posts in the wrong place or your looking at it all wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Either Ive 540+ posts in the wrong place or your looking at it all wrong.[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D:D:D
    HAHAH,,,come on now Gunhappy. are you a closet airsofter ??:P
    Congrats but More importantly have you had a chance to se how it shoots / groups yet ?

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭freddieot

Best of luck with it bud. Looking forward to seeing her .

Advertisement