Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and other wintry precip

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

max of the day was reached this hour at 7.3c
    Falling off now.

DP 1.7

Recipe for rain.

Late december to late february is time enough to get excited about snow tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

A fierce hailstorm just came out of nowhere here in Lecanvey. The Reek is completely obscured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Iv just read throw 8 pages of posts for nothing grrr
    Any chance of snow in waterford ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Ah,tis was good reading though,right.
    Its what happens when we think there is a chance of snow,alot of radar,charts,temps dewpoint and wind also cloud watching.Most of the time it is a lost cause here in the east and south in the set up we have atm so no is my answer for snow.

But it is early days if not very early days as its only autumn still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

The Celts reckoned winter from 1 November.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yoda wrote:
    The Celts reckoned winter from 1 November.

It probably is from then on the West coast, but in the east, late December till late March is the real winter period

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Ok,learnt many moons ago in school,winter form 1 Nov to 1 feb.
    Nowadays its 1 Dec to 1 march.
    Some met people say 21st of Dec the start of winter.
    and some say when it gets cold.

The choice is yours,pick wisely.:p

hnn now sounds like a good time to do ninja temperature remote in the garden..yes alcohal has been taken ..dunno where else to put a ninja temperature remote placing in.

Ninja remote temps will follow shortly

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

A band of unknown ppn is crossing the country atm.Reach Dublin in about 2 hrs.
    As temps are all over the place here in Dublin ,the likelyhood of rain will fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Longfield wrote:
    I'm going for the latter :D

On a related note, something fell out of the sky last night here but it was pitch dark outside and my bed was warm and cosy so didn't go out to investigate.

Did you find out what it was yet?
    Wasn't there a meteor shower due?

Longfield wrote:
    hnn now sounds like a good time to do ninja temperature remote in the garden..yes alcohal has been taken ..dunno where else to put a ninja temperature remote placing in.

Ninja remote temps will follow shortly

Your an early starter on the gargle Longfield,must be a mountain thing:D

Is starting to cloud up to the whest of me.Temp still at 4.9c and dp falling to 0.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Snowbie wrote:
    Your an early starter on the gargle Longfield,must be a mountain thing:D

Is starting to cloud up to the whest of me.Temp still at 4.9c and dp falling to 0.5c

Well I'm definitly not up a mountain and I'm on can number four now. :)

Heh, well actually its pitch dark here, no street lights at all, so find myself going into night mode a lot earlier.
    That said the sky is full of funny little light bulbs which is nice, haven't seen that in a long while.

Have to get up early tomorrow as looks like its going to piss rain in the afternoon and I have to get my sat dish aligned before then as I've no tv now for over a week.

Number six (forget the other five points that seemed important before posting)..stupid probe isnt being seen by the Oreagon Scientific (at ninja place) ..reckon gonna have to attach it closer - small tree looks like a candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Seems to be a couple of little 'blobs' well inland now, anyone any idea whats falling out of them? There's one quite close to me, the sky is cloudy but nothing falling yet.

Longfield wrote:
    Heh, well actually its pitch dark here, no street lights at all, so find myself going into night mode a lot earlier.
    That said the sky is full of funny little light bulbs which is nice, haven't seen that in a long while.

Have to get up early tomorrow as looks like its going to piss rain in the afternoon and I have to get my sat dish aligned before then as I've no tv now for over a week.

Number six (forget the other five points that seemed important before posting)..stupid probe isnt being seen by the Oreagon Scientific (at ninja place) ..reckon gonna have to attach it closer - small tree looks like a candidate.

:D lmao :D

Did no body tell you,you cant receive sat signal up in the mountains.

Temp has decreased here since you are sparking open all those tins.Can feel the chill from the mtns.:D

Temp 5.1c from 5.3c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement