Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF? Girls wearing pyjamas in shopping centres?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

gazzer wrote:
    I was up in Tesco Clearwater yesterday around 2pm.. I used that self service checkout for the first time. At the checkout beside me was a pyjama clad young lady.. She was buying a skirt... I just started getting a fit of the giggles.. i couldnt help it.. She wasnt impressed..."what are you bleeeeeedddinnn lafinnn at???"

Thats my local and I have to say it sickens me to see these scanger bitches waling around in there pyjama's, IMO its disgraceful. Imagine walking around on the road in pyjama's and then heading back home and getting into bed, bloody bed must be filthy. Absolutely disgusting. And what makes it worse is it seems to be becoming "fashionable" on the scanger runways...

Scumbags the lot of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

gazzer wrote:
    "what are you bleeeeeedddinnn lafinnn at???"

you should have replied with, "i am laughing at your dreadful sense of style."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

See this all the time in the spar in the IFSC. They seem to gather in the doorway to the shop or the doorway to my boyfriend's apartment building.

Was oretty shocked the first time I was greeted by these pj-clad army of sheriff street residents (no offence to anyone that lives there) who were all about 40 :/ I had to ask them to move so I could get in the door of the apartment building and I got "awww jaaaaysus young wan. who de fuuuuck de ye tink ye aaare?"

Classy buuuurds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I met this lovely young lady in the waiting room at my dentist last week!

It was 12 O Clock in the afternoon!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Mrs_Doyle wrote:

bwhahahahahaha - ok that will definitely be the first in the gallery :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

we should be proud of this uniquely Irish cultural phenomena!
    This is like the birth of Hip Hop all over again except in Dublin & with pajamas.
    I'm applying for an arts council grant to get a lifetime supply of PJs just in case this tradition dissappears along with the seanachie, the wrenboys & marrying your cousin

I did know a bloke who drunkenly went to the Off licence next door with no trousers or jocks on but i dont think it's the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Mrs_Doyle wrote:

what are ya like!
    thats gas.
    Seen the same here in cork a few times alright, i'm not bothered by them tbh, i'd love to wear my pj's around the place but i am too much of a lady for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mrs_Doyle wrote:

Fooks sake, wonder if shes on boards. Own up whoever you are for you have been guilty of a fashion crime!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Femmy wrote:
    what are ya like!
    thats gas.
    Seen the same here in cork a few times alright, i'm not bothered by them tbh, i'd love to wear my pj's around the place but i am too much of a lady for that!

Actually have to say, I think she was a traveler, but she was friendly enough tbh, chatted away to me about fillings and cavity's and the likes - and there I was, chatting away to her, being her 'friend', and all the while I was trying to take a picture of her to post on Boards.

I am a bad, bad person - but it was all for Boards, so don't hold it against me! :p:D

Edit: God help me if she is on boards, she would have my guts for garters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I drive around town a lot and this 'trend' has been bugging the f**k out of me. It is the epitome of total laziness to leave pyjamas on during the day. These people already speak while trying to make the least amount of mouth movements as in "wha you lookin' ahh" no t's or ing's and words missing.It's a sign that a certain segment of our society are gradually declining into a semi-literate, barely articulate, unable to dress themselves group. Not much better than animals actually and if you visit the areas they live in you see that they '****' in their own beds, methphorically speaking, judging by the amount of debris and litter on the paths and roads.

What separates humans from animals is the extent that we civilise ourselves and educate ourselves.

Calm down, the girls I know that did this changed out of there clothes at the end of the college day to do it. Its attention seeking. They wanted to freak out the guy in the Mace store they were going to. Its just like getting a tattoo used to be rebellious. This is the new thing until people stop caring.
    Ok, Ok

SO ANYWAYS. From what I can gather, The crazy pyjama people walk around during the day doing their crazy pyjama people things because crazy pyjama people dont give a f***.

But if you really dont give a f***, why would you wear pyjamas in the first place. I dont because I am older than 8 now, so surely to be inherinately lazy you wouldnt wear pj's. I mean why put on clothes to go to bed.

crazy underwear people, the next step for a higher spirtual plain

Yeah the police tend to have issues with people not wearing any clothes and its not unusual for women to wear pyjamas especially if they are sharing a house with guys in college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

Mrs_Doyle wrote:

Ha Ha, was in Clare Hall this evening and had the camera phone on the ready but alas no evidence....if it wasn't ready, there'd be a load of them no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

DaBreno wrote:
    *Cough*. Good evening Sir, Might I enquire to the names of these clubs?

You got there before me. Um. I too,um *cough* would also like directions to the wonderful institutions aluded to above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not dragging this thread off topic but I've noticed a lot of lads in school uniforms tucking their trousers into their socks like cyclists might do.

Maybe this is the male equivalent

micmclo wrote:

no, they are just idiots

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,016 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

flanzer wrote:
    Is this only happening at this shopping center or has this been seen elsewhere?

QUOTE]

Nope, go to Tesco in Finglas any day of the week and you'll see all sorts there.
    Girls, their Mas, Their Grannies in jammies, any time of the day or night.
    Some will be wearing stillettoes, 90% will have a fag hanging from the mouth.
    Tesco finglas (Clearwater) also seems to be where all the fattest and ugliest people in Dublin (and me:rolleyes: ) go to shop.
    Its like some hillbilly place, never seen anything like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

micmclo wrote:
    Not dragging this thread off topic but I've noticed a lot of lads in school uniforms tucking their trousers into their socks like cyclists might do.

Were they on bikes? If not, why not?

I had pyjamas. When I was 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Greenfigure

I see them all over the place. There should be some law or something about this like, where's the fun in wearing PJ's? They are bed clothes. Imagine if I started walking around in my bathing suit because it's just so comfy and keeps me cool. Ok, crap post but I feel so strongly about this. My grandmother nags me to death if the bottoms of my jeans are ragged, i daren't bring her to that *ahem* club! I bet it's Barcode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

I saw a woman of about 40 in Spar in the IFSC yesterday evening... wearing pyjamas. Moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Let the winter wipe them off the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I often feel like saying to them "Er...God this must be so embarrassing but..do you realise you forgot to get dressed and you're still wearing your pajamas?".

Jammy wearing scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

do it do it do it!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

come on, we want more pics dammit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

why do you want pics of knacks dressed in dunnes/penneys winter pjs??

even if i was a bloke that wouldnt be in any way appealing...

KamiKazi wrote:
    come on, we want more pics dammit!!!

you should replace 'we' with 'i'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

yeah ive started to notice this lately too. There's a Spar beside my apartment and so many times I've seen girls go in and out of there in their pjs..normally coupled with Ugg boots. It's weird.
    This a particularly Aussie phenomenon. A few years ago my missus (before she married me!) used to go to the local 7-11 dressed like this with her girlfren's thinking how cute they all looked to Mr Patel at 3am. It sh1ts me. It ain't cute at all. Common as fu*k IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Staring to think this might be a Tesco thing...

Was in Clearwater today and saw two, one in full PJs t'other half and half.

Got to wondering, do they have staying in Pjs and going out PJs? Sunday best?

Anybody?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

ok i wants pics, ive never seen this, im so intrigued as to how they can go shopping in pj's....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

KamiKazi wrote:
    ok i wants pics, ive never seen this, im so intrigued as to how they can go shopping in pj's....
    Same way as they normally do I imagine =p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

eth0_ wrote:
    I often feel like saying to them "Er...God this must be so embarrassing but..do you realise you forgot to get dressed and you're still wearing your pajamas?".

Jammy wearing scumbags.
    Haha! You should do it! It'd be brilliant!

• Advertisement

Got one!
    This specimen was seen wandering around Meath st at lunch time yesterday.

Advertisement