Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF? Girls wearing pyjamas in shopping centres?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

eo980 wrote:
    I have to say I think it's really sad (in a sincere way) and patethic that these people can't be arsed to put some clothes on before they go out. I do believe it is people of a 'certain mentality' that would go to the shop in their PJ's.

QUOTE]
    hmm then i wonder what kind of mentality it is that i have..hmmm YES IM CRAZY..thats it...yay!:eek: :eek:

I've seen evern mamies do this as well... so it ain't just "skangerie". perhaps yes laziness.

Actually there wans yer talking about, i know them, well no i've seen them... yes skangers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah i see this alot in East Wall and up by Amiens Street, i mean if you're bothered enough to put your jacket on you may as well splash out and stick on your pants...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I thought I saw people in PJs before but I just thought they were either lazy or insane, or wearing clothing that just looked like PJs.

I'm not sure if it being a fashion thing is better or worse though. Probably worse. I think someone thinks up these fashion fads as a joke, to see how many people will go along with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Yeah i see this alot in East Wall and up by Amiens Street, i mean if you're bothered enough to put your jacket on you may as well splash out and stick on your pants...
    Indeedy, I'm sure some proper trousers would be a lot warmer too lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

What I wonder is, do they get dressed into the pyjamas (get up, wash, put on your daytime pyjamas) or are they the pyjamas they sleep in too?

Are they sunday best pyjamas?

Do they have house pyjamas and going out pyjamas?

What about pyjamas for special occasions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

They're just knackers/skangers. Nothing worth giving a moments attention to.
    Have only seen a few when driving around town and each of them were skangers. I may be tarring them all with the same brush, but I'm happy to do so in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I wish I didn't care what people thought so I could do that, it'd be so much easier.

A few years ago, '02 I think, I was in CTYI(summer camp) and we were going off on a bus to spend a day in Wexford (I don't know why). Some american guy slept in and had to dash down to the bus in his pyjamas. The RAs gave him a few minutes to run back to his room to get dressed and he did . . . only to run back a few minutes later still in his pyjamas because he didn't have his key on him. They made him go anyway (couldn't leave him there alone). So he spent his day in Wexford in his pyjamas with no money (lack of pockets so no wallet). Eventually his friends bought him some pants though.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Grem

I am also bewildered by girls in pj bottoms out in public. Its a regular occurance on O'Connell St, Amien St, around Conolly Station. They seem well capable of wearing jackets though and shoes not to mention dangerously big gold hoop earrings. So why bother leaving on the pj's?

They ARE super comfortable but if I can manage to shed them in the morning when i get out of bed along with the majority of the population and put on clothes then why cant they?

Slightly off topic now, speaking of Ugg boots, why are the thousands of girls who wear them every day around Dublin (especially around the Leeson St, roysh, area) incapable of lifting their feet when they walk in them?! Instead they DRAG them along, walking sideways on them all looking like silly mirror images of each other. Irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

These girls in their ugg boats and pj's are just cool. Doesn't anyone know that!:p

Havok has yet to post where these clubs are ..

I'm half tempted to buy some pj's so I could walk around in them and be one of the cool kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Simple solution to this: just ban pyjamas.

A friend of mine used to do the buy underwear as nightclub gear as well... Funny thing was that most people had no idea her corsets weren't meant to be outer-wear. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

No boardsies have fessed up yet.

C'mon. Out with it. We know yer lerkin'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you people really need other things to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I think they just look silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 motopi

have you ever seen how long it takes us woman to get dressed, its not like we can just throw on jeans and a t shirt.
    it is a lenghtly procedure . so sometimes its just too much of a bother.
    sometimes we would be fed up with men passing comments cause we made the effort to look good and now they are yelling abuse or else sometimes you get fed up with being told to hurry up, while trying to get all dressed up.

so yeah we do it all the time .. sunday mornings are the worst , we just could not be bothered. and most cases the girls that do it already have a fella so ..
    i guess youl have to look away :)

and what with you lads not shaving anymore ?
    answer that ? you walk around and us girls are proper shocked!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

its not cos they're knackers and it's not fashion...just laziness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

motopi wrote:
    have you ever seen how long it takes us woman to get dressed, its not like we can just throw on jeans and a t shirt.
    it is a lenghtly procedure . so sometimes its just too much of a bother.
    sometimes we would be fed up with men passing comments cause we made the effort to look good and now they are yelling abuse or else sometimes you get fed up with being told to hurry up, while trying to get all dressed up.

so yeah we do it all the time .. sunday mornings are the worst , we just could not be bothered. and most cases the girls that do it already have a fella so ..
    i guess youl have to look away :)

Yeah but dressed up to go into Tesco? Come on now, get up off ye're arshes, lazy bunch.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 motopi

Ruu wrote:
    Yeah but dressed up to go into Tesco? Come on now, get up off ye're arshes, lazy bunch.:)

yeah and if we dont dress up you lads still complain . its unfair .
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

was on o connell street one night after a concert... met some girls from the hostel i was staying in they were wearing PJs and we some how ended up haveing a pile on in the middle of the street... almost arressted for that... best night ever :P

( they were not knackers they were from kerry lol )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I'm a hospital worker, and often work 24 hour shifts. I can sleep while not working, but when I'm called at 4 in the morning, the last think I want to do is get into my uniform, so I bought myself a pair of navy pyjamas which I leave on and just throw a sweatshirt over. The nurses used to notice and have a good laugh, but none of my patients ever did!
    Well, I know it's not a shopping centre or relevant to this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Its still not as bad as the D4 heads in their tracksuit bottoms, blizzard boots and gank lookin hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

its not cos they're knackers and it's not fashion...just laziness!

I guarantee you its not laziness, I live an inner city area that was one of the first for this stupid epidemic.

This was discussed on Gerry Rryan one day, my Ma called me out of my bed to listen, they were actaully talking about my area and referring it to as "Pyjama town". Some of the aul ones on it were saying they wanted to be burried in their pyjamas. I mean for Christ sake.

I used to hang around with a load of girls who used to walk out in their pyjamas ( I wouldn't do it myself, I think its looks stupid and my Dad would plant me) These girls, do EVERYTHING else including changing thier underwear, doing thier hair and make up and perfume, and I used to say to them, if your going to all that effort, why not put on some clothes.

The only way I will go outside in my Pj's is if Im running out to the car, getting directly in, and driving somehwere, and going directly indoors, say to my Aunties house to babysit or something.

You could say its a comfort thing. The only thing I can think of. They want to look hard. Its the new giant gold hoopy earrings.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Lads can jump on this trend by bringing back those brutal colourful tracksuit pants from the early nineties. The Tae Kwan Do instructor in Napoleon Dynamite tried and failed to bring them back, but the next man who tries will succeed:

http://www.interstate80.info/grounded/napoleon8.jpg

http://tech-tonics.com/nd/ndf2005/submittedimages/IMG_0939_2.JPG

"You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? FORGET ABOUT IT!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Seen it myself on O'Connell st. There was a group of women in their 20's in pyjamas, with their kids, outside the GPO. Its also quite fashionable up around Summerhill, to wear your pyjamas outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

It looks bloody stupid. I used to work in St. James's Hospital and when I'd go out to the shop on my break I'd see loads of girls hanging around in their pyjamas. At first I thought they were patients looking to escape, after a while and their numbers grew I realised it was "fashion":rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Wearing PJs by day? Saves time when you are in a hurry to join your SO at night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Have seen it quite alot recently. I just laugh at them tbh! Because c'mon, really, it's just plain stupidity. They look stupid and wouldn't you feel weird going down into Tesco's with your PJ's on. If I saw someone doing it, I'd nearly feel like bringing them into penny's and putting some half decent clothing on them! It looks trashy and shouldn't be done, end of.

Wearing PJs by day? Saves time when you are in a hurry to join your SO at night?
    Well unless he's into the whole PJ look they may not be hurrying to join a SO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

kizzyr wrote:
    Well unless he's into the whole PJ look they may not be hurrying to join a SO
    Have you seen the silk PJ look at Victoria's Secret? Whew!

• Advertisement

Have you seen the silk PJ look at Victoria's Secret? Whew!
    No matter how nice or hot a pair of PJs look they are still PJs and don't belong in public. They may look great on the floor of your bedroom but not in public. :) Anyway most of the ones I've seen have bloody Piglet or Tigger pictures on them and are a long way from being sexy.................unless you're into that kind of thing:eek:

Advertisement