Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF? Girls wearing pyjamas in shopping centres?

Options
  • 12-10-2006 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭

Did I miss something here? Is this the latest fashion trend? Did we adopt this trend from our American friends of something?

A few weeks ago I was shopping in Tescos in Clare Hall on the Malahide Rd. and spotted 4 girls shopping in what looked like their pyjamas but wearing a jacket on top. Then on Tuesday night I went shopping again in the same store and spotted 3 different girls buying a load of drink at the checkout dressed in a similar attire (this time wearing slippers also!) Then when driving home I spotted 2 girls walking in what wouldn't be a 'good area' wearing similar night wear!!

Is this only happening at this shopping center or has this been seen elsewhere?

With Winter fast approaching, I'm worried for these people!!! :confused: :eek:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

nope its everywhere and it ****ing ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Havnt seen it myself but have spent feck all time in town recently, but i know there was a simular thread a few months ago so at least you're not the only person who's noticed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Haven't spotted it myself but a younger friend of my girlfriend used to - probably still does - buy lingerie in shops, and then wear it out to clubs - with nothing else over the underwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

At least they're wearing PJs. If I went to the shop in my sleeping attire, Id be arrested on a regular basis.
    I dont think its purely a shopping centre thing either, I've seen girls walking up the busy main road outside the office wearing pyjamas. Winnie the Pooh seems to be popular. I wonder where they're going?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Were they getting fresh supplies for their slumber party?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Ah it is not a new thing.
    It was a big 'Townie' thing for a while there, and now it has spread to all sorts of 'colourful' area's.

It is almost like they are carrying a neon sign, and as soon as they catch someone sneaking a glimpse of their neon sign, they have a God given right to say something along the lines of...

"What the fcuk are you bleeding looking at? Ye stuuuupid stuck up Baaaaaaastard ye!"

Cos, like, their bleedin mad yokes, ye know? They don't give a fcuk... cos they can do wha they bleedin want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

HavoK wrote:
    Haven't spotted it myself but a younger friend of my girlfriend used to - probably still does - buy lingerie in shops, and then wear it out to clubs - with nothing else over the underwear.

*Cough*. Good evening Sir, Might I enquire to the names of these clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

HavoK wrote:

Yep please do tell............

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've seen people in small local stores in their pyjamas (and have been tempted to do the same myself out of laziness), but never groups of them in busy areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

flanzer wrote:
    Then on Tuesday night I went shopping again in the same store and spotted 3 different girls buying a load of drink at the checkout dressed in a similar attire (this time wearing slippers also!)

I was there at that time too and saw them!

Me and my brother were out doing a bit of shopping. You may have spotted me as I of course was in my favourite jocks, housecoat and thick socks... people were staring but I didn't care, sure I only live around the corner like and I'm not arsed getting dressed just to go round and pick up some fags and 12 Dutch Gold! Why would I be like?!?!

One good thing about only going around in my bed time attire is that no one causes trouble with you - I mean, who's really gonna start a fight with a guy in his jocks and a housecoat... he could be crazy like!!

In all seriousness though, does the corpo not hand out the clothing allowances anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

ha saw a woman the other day wearing pjs alright, thought it was very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

yeah ive started to notice this lately too. There's a Spar beside my apartment and so many times I've seen girls go in and out of there in their pjs..normally coupled with Ugg boots. It's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

must admit im at my utmost happiest when im in my pjs at home or anyone else's home for that matter, im like a pig in s*** as they say (even when drinking..i love it ..its so comfy) but wearing them in the street is crazy. my local shop is just across the road n i even dress for that...n i mean putting clothes on over my pjs cos i cant be bothered takn them off!! but im still in proper clothes, no1 knows whats underneath!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

hmmm pj's, so nice. I freely go places in my pj's, driving the other half demented in the meantime, by doing so.
    1) Walking the mutt around the estate.
    2) Popping down to the shops.
    3) Collecting himself from the pub.
    4) Visiting a friend.

Anytimes really im in my pj's and couldnt be arsed getting out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I have to say I think it's really sad (in a sincere way) and patethic that these people can't be arsed to put some clothes on before they go out. I do believe it is people of a 'certain mentality' that would go to the shop in their PJ's.

I noticed it first around Talbot Street when I used to catch the train on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

fade2black wrote:
    Students.

Nah, scumbags! The kind who think that doing it in a bus shelter is using protection.

My brother was telling me about this almost a year ago. He used to rent in a 'less well off/deprived' part of North Dublin City and because he was working from home back then he used to see it quite a lot.

It's some sort of 'statement' I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

I've only ever seen hoopy-earringed scangers wearing pyjamas in public so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

flanzer wrote:
    4 girls shopping in what looked like their pyjamas

Flannel? satin?

Fulll-length or cut-off?

Details! Inquiring minds need to know, and all that....

I'm asking becuse I've seen some stuff where the distinction between "fashion" and "nightwear" is vanishingly small.....but also some stuff that would be undeniably PJs.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭punky

This is nothing new to those of us living in or around Dublin's inner city.
    Bleedin' rapid fashion, wha'!

I have to say pjs look a lot better than some of the horrific 'knack-suits' you see, especially the shiny ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is not a new phenomenon.

I used to work in a Electrical Retailer just down the road from the Clare Hall Tescos. Six or seven years ago.

We used to get this type of 'fashionista' in all the time.

At all times of the night and day.

I agree, it is 'skanger-ey'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

fade2black wrote:
    Students.

Mo thóin. Buggy-pushers.

They've been doing it on the Alfie Byrne road for at least the past 4 years. There, and at the Connolly end of Talbot St. is where you'll always see it. It's far from new.

It's usually flannel PJs with runners and puffy jackets. Not to be confused with the Ugg-and-tracksuited upper-middle classes. Someone really ought to tell those girls that thong make their asses look saggy in those pants, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

They obviously need to be put to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

bonkey wrote:
    Flannel? satin?

Fulll-length or cut-off?

Details! Inquiring minds need to know, and all that....

I'm asking becuse I've seen some stuff where the distinction between "fashion" and "nightwear" is vanishingly small.....but also some stuff that would be undeniably PJs.

jc

Cotton trousers with paisley/Winnie the Pooh patterns and matching top. Something like what's in this image but the girls are completely the opposite looks wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Yep, i see it a lot more nowadays, used to be common to see mothers runing the kids down to the school dressed like that now they seem to be wandering around in the middle of the afternoon. Always girls, for some reason, never see a lad out (that's going to get quoted) in pj's or dressing gown and slippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

flanzer wrote:
    Cotton trousers with paisley/Winnie the Pooh patterns and matching top. Something like what's in this image but the girls are completely the opposite looks wise!

Yep, take the clothing in the image and imagine a 'Vicky Pollard' type wearing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

flanzer wrote:

Yeah wouldn't be so bad if they all looked like that...........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Its particularly bad when they have "Sexy" or "Sweetcheeks" emblazoned across their arsecheeks. Blatant cases of false advertising.

Pighead has, on more than one occasion, squeezed the arses of these false advertisers, only to find himself face to face with the creature from the black lagoon, but with worse teeth.

Like shopkeepers who have to be responsible by not selling cigarettes or alcohol to minors, clothes stores also have a responsibility not to sell sexy clothes to heffalumps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pighead wrote:
    Its particularly bad when they have "Sexy" or "Sweetcheeks" emblazoned across their arsecheeks. Blatant cases of false advertising.

Pighead has, on more than one occasion, squeezed the arses of these false advertisers, only to find himself face to face with the creature from the black lagoon, but with worse teeth.

Like shopkeepers who have to be responsible by not selling cigarettes or alcohol to minors, clothes stores also have a responsibility not to sell sexy clothes to heffalumps.

Too right Pighead, listen next time you see it, do give the lass a good talking to.
    You can hear the girls in pajamas before you see them with the flip flops as well *clip, clop, clip, clop* :)

Advertisement