Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Have the issues that have hit myprotein over recent months been resolved, in relation to deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Have the issues that have hit myprotein over recent months been resolved, in relation to deliveries?

A question I'd like to know also before forking over 200e for protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Don't pay extra for creapure. Difference is as close to nil as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

john_cappa wrote: »
    Don't pay extra for creapure. Difference is as close to nil as possible.

that would be a matter of opinion. a lot of creatine comes from china. Creapure guarantees quality in so far as is possible from a consumers point of view.

http://creapure.com/en/creapure-in-athletics/manufacturer/quality-management

just like not all proteins will be of the same quality but people will trust in a brand i.e. ON

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

But aren't Mono/Poly unsaturated fats better than saturated fats?

With Trans Fats being the most evil of the fat family

Trans fats are unsaturated fats. Universal agreed to be terrible.
    Kinda blows the whole unsaturated vrs saturated ideas out of the water.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Mellor wrote: »

....so is omega 3.

Mellor wrote: »

But haven't saturated fats been linked with heart disease if overly consumed?

I'm not saying cut sats out, but not to have all your fats from saturated sourse...My fat breakdown yesterday was split 34:33:33 Poly:Mono:Sat...But there are people who would have nearly 80-90% of fats as saturated which can't be healthy can it?

that would be a matter of opinion. a lot of creatine comes from china. Creapure guarantees quality in so far as is possible from a consumers point of view.

http://creapure.com/en/creapure-in-athletics/manufacturer/quality-management

just like not all proteins will be of the same quality but people will trust in a brand i.e. ON

Indeed most creatine originates from either china or Germany.

Where is all this evidence that one is superior than the other? There is little other than forum posts similar to your own "i heard alot comes from china" and alot of this is pushed by the German manufacturers also.

Creatine mono is creatine mono the same as wpc 80 is wpc 80.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/creatine-monohydrate.html

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/creapure/10529740.html

There is no measurable difference between the above regardless of what you say other than one is 2.5 times the price.

john_cappa wrote: »
    Indeed most creatine originates from either china or Germany.

Where is all this evidence that one is superior than the other? There is little other than forum posts similar to your own "i heard alot comes from china" and alot of this is pushed by the German manufacturers also.

Creatine mono is creatine mono the same as wpc 80 is wpc 80.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/creatine-monohydrate.html

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/creapure/10529740.html

There is no measurable difference between the above regardless of what you say other than one is 2.5 times the price.

im quite happy to pay a few extra euro for what i believe is an essential, knowing that its a quality product from a traceable source. A brand is built by advertising but also reputation.

as myprotein advertise:
    "There are many different forms of Creatine available on today's market, but Creapure® is the only Creatine in the world to be consistently tested to be free from impurities and unnecessary by-products including Creatinine (CRN), dicyandiamide (DCD), Dihydrotriazine (DHT) and Thiourea. Creapure® is 99.99% pure Creatine Monohydrate, while other Creatines are usually around the 99.9% mark."

so i guess that 'measurable' difference is .09 then.

the main advantage of Creapure for me is that it is micronized, and so disolves better and gives no stomach discomfort. I have had discomfort from another mono before, which put me right off using Creatine.

i can see the merit in your argument, but hopefully you can see it in mine also as i always post using my own experiences with supplements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

There use to be a bunch of polish lads in a gym i used to train in.
    They would grab a spoon full of creatine (mono) put it in their gob then was it down with water.They didnt complain about taste or grittyness..

• Advertisement

drdeadlift wrote: »
    They would grab a spoon full of creatine (mono) put it in their gob then was it down with water.They didnt complain about taste or grittyness..

sounds like a 'tough' bunch of lads. not the brightest though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

A question I'd like to know also before forking over 200e for protein.

I made an order a couple of weeks back. The delivery was supposed to be made either on or before last Friday.

I still haven't received anything.

According to the tracking, it arrived here in IReland on Friday but MHI STILL haven't delivered it. It has said "Appointment scheduled" for the past 3 days now. If that means they're supposed to have made an appointment with me, that's not true.

I've been onto My Protein who say they're looking into it!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I made an order a couple of weeks back. The delivery was supposed to be made either on or before last Friday.

I still haven't received anything.

According to the tracking, it arrived here in IReland on Friday but MHI STILL haven't delivered it. It has said "Appointment scheduled" for the past 3 days now. If that means they're supposed to have made an appointment with me, that's not true.

I've been onto My Protein who say they're looking into it!

Cheers...

Anyone have any feedback with ordering off Bulkpowders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Cheers...

Used them a few times, never any problems and quick delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Cheers...

I've used most of the big wholesalers at one point but only ever use Bulkpowders anymore! Still reckon they are the best priced and delivery is always within a week sometimes i've even got stuff in 3 days!

I've used most of the big wholesalers at one point but only ever use Bulkpowders anymore! Still reckon they are the best priced and delivery is always within a week sometimes i've even got stuff in 3 days!

Cheers guys, looking to get creatine, ZMA's and some more protein and their prices seem brilliant...

Have any of ye ever tried their beef jerky thing called Biltong? Thinking about giving it a try...seems like it may be a good source of protein

Cheers guys, looking to get creatine, ZMA's and some more protein and their prices seem brilliant...

Have any of ye ever tried their beef jerky thing called Biltong? Thinking about giving it a try...seems like it may be a good source of protein

Only thing I would say is that MyProteins whey seems to mix a lot better than Bulk Powders. This is in my own experience and 3 orders from them. I could of just got unlucky with the batches but I don't think so. Also, MyProteins Smooth Chocolate Whey tastes far better to Bulk Powders imo. Other than that though can't fault it.

I haven't tried biltong from Bulk Powders but have ate it before in general. Eh, definitely an acquired taste if you ask me!

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Only thing I would say is that MyProteins whey seems to mix a lot better than Bulk Powders. This is in my own experience and 3 orders from them. I could of just got unlucky with the batches but I don't think so. Also, MyProteins Smooth Chocolate Whey tastes far better to Bulk Powders imo. Other than that though can't fault it.

I haven't tried biltong from Bulk Powders but have ate it before in general. Eh, definitely an acquired taste if you ask me!

How poorly does it mix? I'm currently using the holland and barrett stuff which mixes very well to be fair, but used kenetica stuff which mixed fairly poorly to be honest...you've hardly used either of those brands have you?

How poorly does it mix? I'm currently using the holland and barrett stuff which mixes very well to be fair, but used kenetica stuff which mixed fairly poorly to be honest...you've hardly used either of those brands have you?

Used Kinetica years ago so can't remember tbh. Basically with BP whey every time I had a shake I had to get a kitchen utensil to poke a couple of dried clumps at the bottom which didn't mix.

Again, it could have been bad batches each time I happened to order from them, I'd be interested to hear if anyone else had the same problem.

Edit: Just to add, this was the Smooth Chocolate flavour whey. deadlybuzzman makes a good point that it could be flavour dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

IMO the unflavoured wheys both mix well, could well be coming from the same suppliers anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Was buying beta alanine yesterday, seen the website also had DAA - so said I'd give it a shot for a while.
    But I start reading up a bit, does anybody know if either BA or DAA can affect water retention (either increase or decrease).

I avoid creatine as even retaining as little as 1kg would be a huge issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

drdeadlift wrote: »

I do this, definitely the easiest way to take creatine and no real taste at all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I think it mixes just fine! In fairness i only ever order the unflavoured whey because i like to get the most protein content i can out of it but it always mixes perfectly! The 82% wpc is instantised so it mixes perfectly, the isolate maybe not as perfect but still better then a lot of the big name brands you see in supp shops! Again flavoured versions may be different i don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Was short of cash after Christmas so decided to give the UN Sports Nutrition whey a go.

**** me the chocolate mint is tasty.

Just wondering if anyone can five me some information in regards to fish oils???

What is the difference between Krill, Cod Liver and Omega 3 Fish Oil? How do you choice which oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

A friend recommended AnimalFlex today for keeping the ol joints in good shape... any used it or recommend similar/better for helping the joints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    A friend recommended AnimalFlex today for keeping the ol joints in good shape... any used it or recommend similar/better for helping the joints?

I used animal flex, never noticed that much of a difference, only went through two tubs (in a row) before swapping to EPA capsules and eating more oily fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

link_2007 wrote: »
    Was short of cash after Christmas so decided to give the UN Sports Nutrition whey a go.

**** me the chocolate mint is tasty.

avoid the strawberry at all costs, i've tasted quite a few brands and flavours and its by far the worst tasting. In terms of quality and effectiveness its spot on.

How have you measured the quality and efficacy out curiosity if it is spot on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

WHIP IT! wrote: »

Absolute waste of money. Charge you a fortune for basically putting ALAs, MSM, Chondroitin and Glucosamine together. Just eat plenty of oily fish and take a product with glucosamine and chondroitin together. There's loads of options.

Oisín

Advertisement