Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of apt, rare, funny number plates taken in Ireland if possible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Seriously? I'm disgusted. :eek: Its a perfect replica in the skin. SAD that he got the plate too.

Mightn't be the same family so cos the guy that had the 00 M5 likes his performance. Had a boxster S too at one stage.

Well there was a reason that I said it was " A BMW M5 ;) " :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Caliden wrote: »
    straight into halfords for the badges then!

polo gti vtec

Everyone knows it would be Polo GTi VTEC RS M Power 16V given half a chance!

I wonder did they actually book that reg when it was new

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

EPM wrote: »
    Everyone knows it would be Polo GTi VTEC RS M Power 16V given half a chance!

I wonder did they actually book that reg when it was new

I'm fairly sure they would of booked it at some point, with some owner... Sad, sad peoples.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I saw an A4 with S4 badges, body kit, etc and the reg 01-KK-4 yesterday. A quick look at cartell reveals it to be (surprise surprise) a 1.9 TDI :pac:

Stephen wrote: »
    I saw an A4 with S4 badges, body kit, etc and the reg 01-KK-4 yesterday. A quick look at cartell reveals it to be (surprise surprise) a 1.9 TDI :pac:

Ah that'd be the imfamous RS4 TDi...quickest car in the land:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

took a photo of an odd number plate today on the phone, but can't find the lead to hook it up to the laptop.
    a black merc E320,number plate MT 88 MMT
    it had the IRL logo on the blue euro panel on the left,a really strange number to me.
    the driver had a suit on,sunglasses and looked like a bodyguard maybe??:confused::confused:

staker wrote: »
    took a photo of an odd number plate today on the phone, but can't find the lead to hook it up to the laptop.
    it had the IRL logo on the blue euro panel on the left,a really strange number to me.
    the driver had a suit on,sunglasses and looked like a bodyguard maybe??:confused::confused:

Diplomatic car maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

staker wrote: »

Aside from the IRL logo on the blue EU-band, did the plate "look" Irish i.e., was it black on white, was the lettering style familiar, etc. ?

Was the car itself LHD or RHD ?

I'm intrigued !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Foreign reg (not sure from which country), but either the plates got damaged/stolen and he got those made up here (try getting your own local plates made up in a foreign country...), or they were changed to blend in a bit better (most people reading this thread would still notice, but most of the general public wouldn't).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I've seen a few recently (unfortunately the camera on my Nokia N95) is so slow I couldn't get a photo, but there seem to be two types

1. normal plates, usually D, with an oval sticker on the car itself
    2. a CD squashed onto the plate itself, like 09-D- CD 12345, now would that fail the NCT I wonder?

I even saw a CC (a rank lower than CD) on a Fiesta

Is there no mention of the required format in the statute book?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SAABMAN

"HIS 1" used to be on a Merc estate in Mayo. Dunno if its still around. I think it was sold separately from the car.

vector wrote: »
    I've seen a few recently (unfortunately the camera on my Nokia N95) is so slow I couldn't get a photo, but there seem to be two types

1. normal plates, usually D, with an oval sticker on the car itself
    2. a CD squashed onto the plate itself, like 09-D- CD 12345, now would that fail the NCT I wonder?

I even saw a CC (a rank lower than CD) on a Fiesta

Is there no mention of the required format in the statute book?

Unlike most countries, we don't have a separate series for diplomatic vehicles in Ireland (just as we have no military series, public service series, etc.) so yes, adding "CD" or "CC" is totally illegal and ought to ensure a fail at NCT time (though I suspect that such vehicles have a set of non-altered plates to be put on at NCT time in order to pass !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Saw an old LWB 735i in Arklow rolling on huge chrome wheels, blacked out windows. It had either N1GGET, N199ET, NIGG3T or some combination of the three. Thought it was pretty funny until I saw a white guy driving it :eek:

Edit: none of those show up on cartell but it definitely read nigget

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Probably N16 GET

I used to see a guy in a large Merc around dublin with the reg N1 XER

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Saw G4RY L on what looked like an evo in tralee last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

SAABMAN wrote: »
    "HIS 1" used to be on a Merc estate in Mayo. Dunno if its still around. I think it was sold separately from the car.
    Cartell says RegistrationHIS1MakeMERCEDES BENZModelUNKNOWNDescriptionNot AvailableFuel TypePETROL

Thats an August 1986 reg,HIS*** was the last of the old series issued in mayo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I saw MAD911S yesterday on Eastwall Road heading for the port - a 2007 Carrera 4 S according to Cartell.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Saw a Porsche Carrera Coupe in Clane last Friday with GB plates S60 UPE but spaced so as to read S 60UPE - moving rather fast so no chance of getting a picture unfortunately !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Saw a Lexus LS 430 in south Dublin the other day with a 9*-LS-430 reg.

Also saw a Ford Ka and a Porsche 911 beside each other, the Ford Ka's reg being 98-D-911!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

No idea if it's already been posted but recently I saw
    03-LM-3 on a Yellow! :eek: M3 around Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Didn't go checking through the whole thread so I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I did see a nice one a few years ago.

One of those old bad-ass Lotus Opel things, (Omega I think) in racing green with B11 OYS on it.

Obviously a Celtic fan..

Never got a pic:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Saw 09 KE 520....on a 318d yesterday......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saw 09 KE 520....on a 318d yesterday......

Dealer pre-reserved it then realised he was never gonna sell a 520 this year I guess... mywheels confirms that its definitely on a 318 anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Saw G4RY L on what looked like an evo in tralee last week.

G4RY J perhaps, that car is Garry Jennings Recce car for rallies & The Circuit of Kerry Rally was on that week.

DSC_1849.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

donvito99 wrote: »

Also saw a Ford Ka and a Porsche 911 beside each other, the Ford Ka's reg being 98-D-911!
    According to cartell 98-d-911 is a 911 not a ka

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mad2race

a guy outside athlone has a 03 m3 and reg is

03 G 113 with the first "1" turned backwards to make an M

03 G M3

Looks well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

CONM wrote: »
    According to cartell 98-d-911 is a 911 not a ka

Well it was something along those lines, or did I get them mixed up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

donvito99 wrote: »

No you didn't.

90LS430 - Volkswagen Golf
    91LS430 - Toyota Carina
    92LS430 - Nissan Primera
    93LS430 - No such car
    94LS430 - No such car
    95LS430 - No such car
    96LS430 - No such car
    97LS430 - No such car
    98LS430 - No such car
    99LS430 - Opel Astra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

testicle wrote: »
    No you didn't.

90LS430 - Volkswagen Golf
    91LS430 - Toyota Carina
    92LS430 - Nissan Primera
    93LS430 - No such car
    94LS430 - No such car
    95LS430 - No such car
    96LS430 - No such car
    97LS430 - No such car
    98LS430 - No such car
    99LS430 - Opel Astra

Why do people keep trying to check to see if posters are lying all the time? Awful sad imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Sure the LS430 wasn't even out in the 90's, only released in 01 i think. So i'd say he got it mixed up mith a LS400.

Advertisement