Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of apt, rare, funny number plates taken in Ireland if possible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Saw a black BMW X5 with a number plate very like this with no spaces,

07D70707

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

A Merc C63 AMG outside my apartment a few months ago.
    Unbelievable car.

Apparently the guy who owns it has a Veyron and Bentley Continental GT as
    well :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

0450901 wrote: »
    i have a 1980 mark 1 golf gti. license plate is GTI 1. picture attached.

Nice car. My mk 2 (non gti) just missed out on the black number plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I was wasting time on Cartell
    looking back at the old Cork reg lord mayors cars (XX-C-1) - Ford all the way except for 1984
    Now I know they wern't always reserved for the Lord Mayor but a part of me hopes these where

84-C-1 - Massy Ferguson - Diesel
    the only one on par with this is

The xx-c-1 plates started in 1987, so anything before that, ie 84 C 1 was issued to an imported vehicle after 1987. im not so sure that all of them were fords because I remember seeing in Dublin, 88 C 1, on a bmw 3 series. Someone could clarify this for me. Also how many xx x 1 plates are still on the road? have any ended up in the scrapyard or crashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

87-D-1 was (wasted) on a beige 1 litre Peugeot 205 - I saw it around '99 and it looked very tired then, so I'd say it's now dead.

88-D-1 was (wasted) on a Spar delivery truck (HGV with a tail-lift)

IIRC, the xx-D-1 reg being reserved for Dublin's Lord Mayor began in '90 (big Volvo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Saw a 00 WX 95 today on a Saab 95 cant believe someone put in that effort for a saab!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Saw a 00 WX 95 today on a Saab 95 cant believe someone put in that effort for a saab!

Twas probably only a hundred or two hundred pounds. Nothing to brake the bank.

I know of loads like that, 3201 for a 320i, 75 for a 75, 320 for a 320 CDI Merc, 113 for an M3, loads of those about. 00lk7230 was a Lyons of Limericks demo car. It was a Focus T230 in white.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

You mightn't rate them, but someone out there thinks they are a great car (I'm indifferent about the 90's ones myself, but the old 900 Turbo and earlier ones are pretty nice).

I always remember xx RN 25 and similar on old Renault 25s, etc - doesn't work so well with Clios and Lagunas ;)

You also see a fair few xx LS 400 reg's on Lexus LS 400's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

theres a guy who drives a beamer who i regularly see in a carpark in tallaght, his reg plate is BINNS , must own a recycling company or something

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Twas probably only a hundred or two hundred pounds. Nothing to brake the bank.

I know of loads like that, 3201 for a 320i, 75 for a 75, 320 for a 320 CDI Merc, 113 for an M3, loads of those about. 00lk7230 was a Lyons of Limericks demo car. It was a Focus T230 in white.

Ah I know ya but generally a reserved plate is spotted on BMW/porsche/astons etc never saw one on a saab just caught my eye, cheers for your invaluble input as ever!! :D

• Advertisement

Ah I know ya but generally a reserved plate is spotted on BMW/porsche/astons etc never saw one on a saab just caught my eye, cheers for your invaluble input as ever!! :D

Lol, sarcasm or not, I don't know. But I'll pretend it's not:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

In London last weekend, and passed a really expensive house on the banks of the Thames. Two cars parked up outside, old bently and Aston. Regs were,

2 BE

NOT 2 BE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

donvito99 wrote: »
    In London last weekend, and passed a really expensive house on the banks of the Thames. Two cars parked up outside, old bently and Aston. Regs were,

2 BE

NOT 2 BE

I presume the second was NOT 28E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

cool! cant find "not 2 be" on cartell! its driving me mad trying to find the combination of letters or numbers!
    "2 be" is a nice aston v12 vanquish:)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

A BMW M5 ;)

m5.jpg

Another BMW

320bmw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Ah, good ole ballincollig!

Saw "03 CELICA" driving along the douglas road today. No trade plates or anything. I felt like calling it in :p

Edit: Wasn't too far away from it's base, but still, should have had some sort of plates!

CB4_1339127_2_1289627.jpg <--- Douglas Renault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

I did own 99 D 156. Yes it was on an Alfa

Won the reg in a lottery and paid 250.00 for it. It did help the car sell when it was on a forecourt in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I've seen that M5 around alright. In Blarney a lot too.
    He's lucky he hasn't been pulled for the reg.
    I'm sure the guy who owns it used to have 00 M5 too, and his wife has a new white M3. She used to have a '03 M3 in grey with tan/brown leather. looked better than it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I've seen that M5 around alright. In Blarney a lot too.
    He's lucky he hasn't been pulled for the reg.
    I'm sure the guy who owns it used to have 00 M5 too, and his wife has a new white M3. She used to have a '03 M3 in grey with tan/brown leather. looked better than it sounds.

Probably sounded better than it sounds too!! Nice "fruity" exhaust note! :D

Probably sounded better than it sounds too!! Nice "fruity" exhaust note! :D

Whenever I saw it, it was just pottering around like 318. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

More like a 520d :confused::(

Someone please tell me this isn't right.

Registration 08C115
    Make BMW
    Model 520
    Description D M SPORT Z5SO 04DR Z5S0
    Fuel Type DIESEL

I meant the 03 M3
    conneem-TT wrote: »
    More like a 520d :confused::(

Registration 08C115
    Make BMW
    Model 520
    Description D M SPORT Z5SO 04DR Z5S0
    Fuel Type DIESEL

Seriously? I'm disgusted. :eek: Its a perfect replica in the skin. SAD that he got the plate too.

Mightn't be the same family so cos the guy that had the 00 M5 likes his performance. Had a boxster S too at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's a 520d. Guy got the sidepanels and mirrors too, but there are ways to still tell, apart from the obvious rattle on startup. I'm pretty familiar with the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

ned78 wrote: »
    It's a 520d. Guy got the sidepanels and mirrors too, but there are ways to still tell, apart from the obvious rattle on startup. I'm pretty familiar with the car.

And i have a very funny feeling it was supplied by a non-bmw dealer too. Local enough to blarney too...think i remember that car being parked about where i got mine...remember thinking it was a gorgeous car. Some very nice extras. Dont think it had those doctored plates leaving there though. Still, nice thinking behind it in fairness

I can think of 2 dealers close enough that would have supplied it.
    prob could have got a got a genuine M5 a few years old for not much more money.

rhymes with mashmallow...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That 'M5' was a bit suspect with those plate surrounds imo! One step too far. Also the ///M5 badge is too far over to the right. Fool.

think they were chrome leaving garage. I think those surrounds would look good with german style plates

I was reading this weeks autotrader there yesterday and I saw this Polo forsale. Just a picture of the front bumper/number plate. "00-G-71" . Then I saw the price of 4k. Surely it wasn't a GTI. Read on through the add where it brags about the reg, then I saw where it said 1.0litre... How sad

Edit: Here we go
    http://search.autotrader.ie/www/cars_advert?country=IE&modelexact=1&make=Volkswagen&model=Polo&keywords=&min_pr=&max_pr=&min_year=2000&max_year=2000&source=&currency=EUR&county_list=&sort=20&SUBMIT.x=12&SUBMIT.y=14&id=200911192149636
    Petrol, Hatchback, 3 Doors, Manual, Adjustable Steering Wheel, Alarm, Alloy Wheels, CD Player, Driver Airbag, Registration 00 G 71, aka 00 GTi. Only 1 lady owner, low mileage 69,800. 195/45 16" alloys included in price (see photo), NCT until June '10. M3 Mirrors, Lowered Suspension. Superb condition, call now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I was reading this weeks autotrader there yesterday and I saw this Polo forsale. Just a picture of the front bumper/number plate. "00-G-71" . Then I saw the price of 4k. Surely it wasn't a GTI. Read on through the add where it brags about the reg, then I saw where it said 1.0litre... How sad

Edit: Here we go
    http://search.autotrader.ie/www/cars_advert?country=IE&modelexact=1&make=Volkswagen&model=Polo&keywords=&min_pr=&max_pr=&min_year=2000&max_year=2000&source=&currency=EUR&county_list=&sort=20&SUBMIT.x=12&SUBMIT.y=14&id=200911192149636

straight into halfords for the badges then!

polo gti vtec

Advertisement