Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of apt, rare, funny number plates taken in Ireland if possible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Spotted this in Mahon Point in Cork a few days ago.

dsc00362bi1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ There are a few cars in this country from UAE and Kuwait. Handy for speed cameras!

The learner plate just looks odd on it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Yeah....strange that the UAE reg car has an 'L' plate on it?!

Also, the '06' reg Audi may have an 'advert' plate on it as opposed to a real reg ...i.e. a made-up plate for the purpose of sale (i.e. an import awaiting registration here in the Republic). Having said that, I have seen the odd 'year-county-year' registration over the years on our roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

If it an advertisement plate, is that Politically correct considering the reg belongs to somebodys VW Golf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭black & white

Didn't manage to get a picture but there was a blue M5 parked outside the office last week with a English reg "M5 DOA" I'm not superstitious but I'm not sure I'd drive a car with that reg. on it !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

There is a 96 KE xxx Mark1 Gti gold going around somewhere that I seen in Tallaght

There is a 96 KE xxx Mark1 Gti gold going around somewhere that I seen in Tallaght

That would be a VW Citi Golf, which are still made in South Africa. There is a few of them here.

http://www.vw.co.za/models/citi/

Max_Damage wrote: »
    That would be a VW Citi Golf, which are still made in South Africa. There is a few of them here.

http://www.vw.co.za/models/citi/
    Damn. Thats less interesting than my theory that someone locked it away unreg'd for 15 years. Still a cool car though

Damn. Thats less interesting than my theory that someone locked it away unreg'd for 15 years. Still a cool car though

Sure I saw a 98-D Mazda 323 Mk3 going around the Dublin recently. They too were made in South Africa until recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Saw "L33 GAY" on a car in Limerick City yesterday. Cannot remember for the life of me what car it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Theres a 01 corolla doing the rounds in tralee,not unusual i hear you say,except its the shape that was discontinued in 1998,its an australian import,called the toyota taz as far as i can make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Saw "L33 GAY" on a car in Limerick City yesterday. Cannot remember for the life of me what car it was though.
    Tis a Vw Golf plus...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Was up in Belfast over the weekend
    Saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee (IIRC) - 6TR (GTR)
    Saw loads of others but I can't remember them - head like a sieve these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I saw a 00 D xxx corolla estate today except its the shape introduced in 2002:confused:
    I also saw a 07 C 29xxx on a Mercedes E class except its the one discontinued in 1995

G Luxel wrote: »
    I saw a 00 D xxx corolla estate today except its the shape introduced in 2002:confused:
    I also saw a 07 C 29xxx on a Mercedes E class except its the one discontinued in 1995
    The corrolla might be a jap import because they might have been issued there before in Ireland

I've seen a few of these JDM E100 Corolla estates with 01-D and 02-D plates:

--339e715379_t.jpg

This particular one for sale is an '02 model: http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/5469/Toyota/Corolla/car-for-sale.html

62917.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I've seen a few of these JDM E100 Corolla estates with 01-D and 02-D plates:

--339e715379_t.jpg

This particular one for sale is an '02 model: http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/5469/Toyota/Corolla/car-for-sale.html

Looks like the taxi's won't change after all, 9 year rule will always be beaten lol

I'd be surprised if this isn't in the thread somewhere .

Spotted dropping the kids off to Wesely college in Ballinteer.

attachment.php?attachmentid=64392&stc=1&d=1223288268
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

R30MEO.jpg

Don't usually like fancy number plates, but I think this one is brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

eighbour has a X5 with the plates 101 GAR on it... not VRt'd ofcourse but hey, its in ireland for 2 days out of every month so complaints...

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Saw GB Range Rover last week with J115 TYN - spaced to read as JUSTYN.

Spotted the other day
    Pretend_M3.jpg
    Apart from the unusual scrawl on the reg plate, the ///M3 badge was homemade (deffo not an ebay jobbie)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Rare occasion to see two of them:P

LOL - duplicate post deleted!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Was in Oakville, Ontario last week with my son Marc when I got a photo of car in front of us in traffic.

The three yellow ribbons really make the 'vette look good!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Do-more wrote: »
    I would guess that they are the date of first registration 13/10/82

That a temporary German plate and the date is the expiry date of validity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

A few pics

brabus63.jpg

clio172.jpg

Advertisement