Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS: Airis T920 or Garmin Nuvi 310/360?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Ordered mine last night and on the site it says it has been dispatched, but there's no tracking number and I haven't received an email yet.

Does anyone have a number to call them? The UK number on the site doesn't work.

Edit: Tracking number is on the site! Coming from France I see...I wonder if it'll be in Dublin by tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dsmasher

blastman wrote:
    How long does it take for Pixmania to deliver, roughly. Mine (along with my new camera) was dispatched on Monday evening, but there's no sign of it yet. Also, do Pixmania not supply you with a DHL tracking number? I couldn't see one anywhere on their site or in the email they sent.

it says it takes 24 - 48 hrs with DHL express (tick option).
    Tracking number can be gotten from your confirmation email with a link to 'Track your Order'
    (this is on the intial email before the one BigCon posted above)

You can also log onto the Pixmania site and see your current orders.
    It should have it there also.

You will not get a tracking number however until it has been 'Dispatched' from Pixmania.
    In my case that took until 10am the following morning from when I ordered.
    Mine came roughly 50hrs after ordering it.

Once you have the tracking order you can see its progress but it's fairly rubbish tbh with lots of repeat messages.

Best bet is ring DHL directly ph. 01- 87006003 when you get your tracking number they can tell you when it will be delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

dsmasher wrote:
    Best bet is ring DHL directly ph. 01- 87006003 when you get your tracking number they can tell you when it will be delivered.

Yeah, after they have rooted through the package and removed the SD card and DVD. LOL :mad:

BigCon wrote:
    Yeah, after they have rooted through the package and removed the SD card and DVD. LOL :mad:

lol ... well I must admit that my Pixmania box was sealed within the DHL box
    so anything missing would seem to have been on Pixmania's packing side.

Checked out the unit tonight with a few trips around dublin.
    Was really very good at recalculating a new route if I went a different direction.
    It did get a few one-ways wrong however in the city centre but overall extremely happy. I bought it for my girlfiend (and for me to play with) and so far so good ... just be patient with setting it up.

Oh and before I forget, because it comes with a 512mb card, it does not have enough memory to calculate a direct route from eg. Cork to Dublin. Unfortunately you have to give it intermediate steps. Great if you know where you are going :o ... unsure how far the range goes.

anyways just ordered a 2gb card from dabs.com for 40 euro
    Crap brand but I hoping it will do the biz

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=42N1&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=sD+card&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=50316,4294955778

either way ,it , or the 512mb will do nicely for my camera ;)

Just go mine today - fantastic little machine. Not tampered with thank god.

Gave it a spin there a few mins ago, everything was amazing. Tells me in good time where to turn off :D

The map of Dublin is amazingly detailed.

Only thing bothering me is there seems to be no way to tell it not to use motorways - I'm a learner waiting for my test so I cant use them. Also, how do you move the map to see the full route? I can only zoom out a certain amount.

Still a great purchase and super fast delivery. I'm very pleased with it.

Anyone still thinking of getting one GO NOW BUY BUY BUY!

• Advertisement

Elessar wrote:
    Only thing bothering me is there seems to be no way to tell it not to use motorways - I'm a learner waiting for my test so I cant use them.

Don't have the unit in front of me but there's definately an option to avoid motorways acuse I turned it on It's somewhere in the 'Change settings' function.

dsmasher wrote:
    Don't have the unit in front of me but there's definately an option to avoid motorways acuse I turned it on It's somewhere in the 'Change settings' function.

Good God, this is probably the best gadget in the history of gadgets. Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

Elessar wrote:

Only thing bothering me is there seems to be no way to tell it not to use motorways - I'm a learner waiting for my test so I cant use them. Also, how do you move the map to see the full route? I can only zoom out a certain amount.

try the following:

1.goto main menu
    2.tap the down arrow
    3.tap change settings
    4.avoid motorways

If you want to turn off " avoid motorways " just go through the same again and tap off.This option is a toggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

eirlink wrote:
    1. establish if the SD card has the maps on it
    2. if not,format the SD card.....DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK
    3.insert the Route 66 DVD and it will have a section to install onto SD
    4.insert 512 card into card reader / pc socket
    5.follow on screen instructions to load software onto card
    6.Insert finished sd card into airis
    7.HARD reset (using switch underneath )

software and maps will then load up.

what is a card reader / pc socket ? my friend bought 1 from pixmaina and it only has the french map installed.

pm. wrote:
    what is a card reader / pc socket ? my friend bought 1 from pixmaina and it only has the french map installed.

In order to get info onto the SD card you have to insert it into a card " reader ", you buy one in the pc shop and plug it into pc using USB. Newer PC`s have these readers built in. I called it a pc socket..is actually a slot on the pc which accepts SD cards amongst others.

• Advertisement

eirlink wrote:
    In order to get info onto the SD card you have to insert it into a card " reader ", you buy one in the pc shop and plug it into pc using USB. Newer PC`s have these readers built in. I called it a pc socket..is actually a slot on the pc which accepts SD cards amongst others.

oh thanks, ill have to buy 1 tomorrow.

pm. wrote:
    my friend bought 1 from pixmaina and it only has the french map installed.

yeah the french map is the only map installed on the card.

You need to install maps from the 'Route 66' disk however you will be unable to install all the european maps on the 512mb so just choose 'Britain and Ireland' (tick option)

You can always install a different country at a later date
    or buy a 2gb or 4 gb card to hold more maps.
    Note that the more memory, the quicker and more complex/longer routes the Airis will hold.

I would definately upgrade if you are roaming outside your county or country.

how do i format the sd card ?

pm. wrote:
    how do i format the sd card ?

The route 66 software will do it for you cause it needs to write to the card. You can also do it through windows if its a new SD.

connect card reader
    insert SD card
    Open my computer
    Right click on the card reader icon
    click format.

FORMATTING WILL ERASE ANY DATA. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK

eirlink wrote:
    The route 66 software will do it for you cause it needs to write to the card. You can also do it through windows if its a new SD.

connect card reader
    insert SD card
    Open my computer
    Right click on the card reader icon
    click format.

FORMATTING WILL ERASE ANY DATA. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK

thanks eirlink that worked;)

pm. wrote:
    thanks eirlink that worked;)

glad to be of service PM....

Eirlink

ok lads ive got a big problem, i put my card into the sd reader yesterday and formatted it, i then downloaded the irl uk maps, it all seemed to be fine till today, i had to drive to dublin and the new m4 wasn't on it, i used the software from mysatnav. i still have the cd from piximana think ill format the card again but this time run there software, is there any of checking it when its done downloading?

pm. wrote:
    ok lads ive got a big problem, i put my card into the sd reader yesterday and formatted it, i then downloaded the irl uk maps, it all seemed to be fine till today, i had to drive to dublin and the new m4 wasn't on it, i used the software from mysatnav. i still have the cd from piximana think ill format the card again but this time run there software, is there any of checking it when its done downloading?

PM
    To help you here i need to know....

1.What did you get from mysatnav? CD and SD card or just CD.?

2.When you got mysatnav maps were they already loaded onto SD card?

easiest way to check is just download onto card and run the software,then use zoom to location to enfield/ kinegad and see what comes up.

i suspect you got a sd card preloaded from mysatnav.if so these maps are NEWER than whats on the disk...I hope youve backed up the SD card?
    if not then contact them and they should sort it.you may be ok though if pix maps are Q2,just load them onto SD card instead.

eirlink wrote:
    PM
    To help you here i need to know....

1.What did you get from mysatnav? CD and SD card or just CD.?

2.When you got mysatnav maps were they already loaded onto SD card?

easiest way to check is just download onto card and run the software,then use zoom to location to enfield/ kinegad and see what comes up.

i suspect you got a sd card preloaded from mysatnav.if so these maps are NEWER than whats on the disk...I hope youve backed up the SD card?
    if not then contact them and they should sort it.you may be ok though if pix maps are Q2,just load them onto SD card instead.

1. i got both
    2. yes it was preloaded

i just installed the software from pix and the m4 shows up, that should be it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Still no sign of mine, starting to get pissed off now. No response to two emails to Pixmania and I'm having trouble getting through to them on the phone through that 0810 number. Does anyone know a regular Irish number that will get me through to them?

• Advertisement

pm. wrote:
    1. i got both
    2. yes it was preloaded

i just installed the software from pix and the m4 shows up, that should be it:confused:

Good stuff...can you check is the bundran bypass in donegal on it..it quite obvious if it is but you may have to zoom out a little. see screenshot in previous posts.

eirlink wrote:
    Good stuff...can you check is the bundran bypass in donegal on it..it quite obvious if it is but you may have to zoom out a little. see screenshot in previous posts.

i had a look around donegal but cant find bundran, the m1 is also on it.

pm. wrote:
    i had a look around donegal but cant find bundran, the m1 is also on it.
    Sorry Pm..
    My typing let me down.Its Bundoran.Can you have a peep sometime using the pixmania maps youve loaded.
    Thanks

Should be like this...

bundoran.jpg

Tracked mine down, was delivered a week ago! So far, I'm quite impressed. Will see how it gets on when I take it out for a drive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

As far as I can tell, the E version includes a 2GB memory card with all the European maps loaded on it. The EF comes with a 512MB card with the French map pre-loaded, you have to load the UK and Ireland on to it yourself. The bigger card allows you to store more maps, but to be honest, you could buy yourself a 2BG card for less than the difference between the two packs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Thanks for that - did you find that out from Pixmania? Huge omission for them not to specify...

It's mentioned in the specs for each item, but it's not very obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Ordered one Airis on Thursday am and another on Thursday pm (yes I know double postage fee etc.. don't ask) got one yesterday before lunch and the other at 10am this morning.

Both packages perfectly intact, all accessories included and both units now running on Irish maps. (Q2, 2006) France on SD card by default but 2 mins in a card reader solves that.

Does anyone know how to turn off the click everytime you touch the screen in the Navigation software? I've turned off all sound in the Airis settings and screen taps are now silent there but when I run the Route66 nav SW the clicking is back. Adjusting the volume here only affects the "Directions" voice? Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Boden

dont forget your little discount code..will give you €6 off wohoo!

6.00 € From 200 € googleie6
    12.00 € From 400 € googleie12
    25.00 € From 800 € googleie25
    40.00 € From 1500 € googleie40

1. Add your item to shopping cart.
    2. Simply copy/paste the promotional code in the appropriate box and click on OK.
    Valid offer from 06/09/29 to 06/10/31 included.
    Valid offer on our 30 000 products.

Advertisement