Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

edanto wrote:
    Gotta say that it's not that intuitive though, and I'd suggest adding in an item to the menu, Add Phone Contact or something
    You're absolutely right, but thats the only way to do it in java micro edition (the language the application is written in).
    Thanks for all the comments. Knowing that people like and use the app is a great motivator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

dal wrote:
    Try re-installing the application. If it prompts you to overwrite existing data say yes.

Tried this but get this message:

Unable to start operation
    Installer already in use

Any ideas whats happening

Sorry about all this:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

dal wrote:
    I know its a lot to ask, but can you download another application that I made called Dorsh (link is in my signature) to see if it works. Look up one of the train times using Dorsh. This will tell us whether your connection details are correct or not.
    Its only a small app (8kb).

Yup - Dorsh works perfectly for me as well. I'm currently in 3G area at the moment but AFT still doen't work, so I'm not sure that not having 3G coverage is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

tonc76 wrote:
    Installer already in use

Any ideas whats happening

Short answer, I've no idea what's happenning?! But a suggestion based on sth a mate of mine was saying the other night -maybe the installer and the prog itself are trying to run in the same instance. Delete all copies of the app from your phone and start afresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

Just to let you guys know I ordered an XDA Exec there yesterday, and as soon as it arrives ill be working on getting a pocket pc version of AFT up and running :)

Also is anyone here interested in developing a new PC client by any chance? I'd be more than happy to give a hand with anything provided its in Visual Basic or C# its just my plates kinda full at the moment and I dont have enough time to start it from scratch.

• Advertisement

donutface wrote:
    Just to let you guys know I ordered an XDA Exec there yesterday, and as soon as it arrives ill be working on getting a pocket pc version of AFT up and running :)

Also is anyone here interested in developing a new PC client by any chance? I'd be more than happy to give a hand with anything provided its in Visual Basic or C# its just my plates kinda full at the moment and I dont have enough time to start it from scratch.

There is another desktop client here:
    http://jsmsirl.sourceforge.net/JSMS/JSMS.html
    Looks pretty good too.

Donutface, did you ever get that "from number" problem sorted for voipbuster users?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

ill take a look tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Have it working perfectly on a Nokia N76 with Vodafone RTG
    Thank You :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just put it on my new 6233, worked perfect first time.
    You sir are a legend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 j_lennon

any chance of geting the directcall feature of smsdirect on it?

P.S. i love the app!! been using it for months!

• Advertisement

j_lennon wrote:
    any chance of geting the directcall feature of smsdirect on it?

P.S. i love the app!! been using it for months!
    AFT is purely just for SMS. There are no plans to implement call features on it. Btw, I assume you mean smsdiscount, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

MultiText support has been replaced, check it out:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055120349

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Right, got AFT working with my k810i.
    Works a treat no issues at all (expected, pretty much the same as the k800)

I will defo donate after using it for a month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

:( i'm still in the middle of fkn nowhere with this.. perhaps a change of phone or network is in order..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

Well me too stuck out here in nowhere. Still cannot get this AFT to work. On Meteor network and rang them last night. Followed the instructions but reckon they gave me gprs connection and not APN. I just keep getting messages such as "Do not recognise address" whereas last night it would it open the applications. It was taking ages to load so i just kept stopping it. I don't konw what has changed. I am due an upgrade so I am thinkong it the nokia 6020. Any suggestions? I feel like I am in techno hell! I do not understand this stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

I find the Recent Texts feature useful in AFT. However I only have the option to delete them all, not the option to delete only certain ones.
    Is this correct?

I find the Recent Texts feature useful in AFT. However I only have the option to delete them all, not the option to delete only certain ones.
    Is this correct?
    That is correct. I might add an option to delete individual recent texts some time in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

This is recking my head. Try to set this up on my SE 300i. When I send a text in AFT my phone asks "allow application to send to the internet" (yes), then it rings 0872292222, says your message is being sent to (number I'm texting to), please wait, and nothing else happens. I have to terminate the programme.

Any idea's? In my connectivity settings/data communication Preferred service in data accounts is currently set to GPRS and GSM. Is that right?

daveg wrote:
    When I send a text in AFT my phone asks "allow application to send to the internet" (yes), then it rings 0872292222
    That's really bizarre, I have never heard of that happening. What is that number and does anyone answer?
    daveg wrote:
    In my connectivity settings/data communication Preferred service in data accounts is currently set to GPRS and GSM. Is that right?
    That's what I have but I'm not sure its relevant. Have you downloaded the correct internet settings from the SE website?
    On my phone (w800i) there is also an option under connectivity which is "Settings for Java", where I have to select the correct internet profile which is used by java applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

daveg wrote:
    This is recking my head. Try to set this up on my SE 300i. When I send a text in AFT my phone asks "allow application to send to the internet" (yes), then it rings 0872292222, says your message is being sent to (number I'm texting to), please wait, and nothing else happens. I have to terminate the programme.

Any idea's? In my connectivity settings/data communication Preferred service in data accounts is currently set to GPRS and GSM. Is that right?

I posted some settings for an SE W800i, they may be very similiar to what you need to setup for your SE 300i.

See link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055119959

I never did get past the error I was getting....

--laoisfan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

dal wrote:
    On my phone (w800i) there is also an option under connectivity which is "Settings for Java", where I have to select the correct internet profile which is used by java applications.

I keep getting the following error when I try to send from my SE W800i.

"Message Sent. You have <h1>Bad Request (Invalid Header Name)</h1> message left".

I believe I have it setup correctly on my phone, see thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055119959

I am with meteor and my internet apn is setup correctly as they charge me €0/01 for internet access when I try to SMS through AFT.

Any ideas? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

dal wrote:
    That's really bizarre, I have never heard of that happening. What is that number and does anyone answer?

No answer. That number comes from Vodafone's website which gives the settings for a SE phone. No one answers. Tired connecting to vodafone live and it does the same thing.
    dal wrote:
    Have you downloaded the correct internet settings from the SE website?

Have gone to the SE site and there is a setup where it sends you the settings. Have registered for this but have not received the settings as yet:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ie&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10415

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

I get the exact same thing on my w810i...unfortunatly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

dal wrote:
    That's the old vodafone dial-up WAP number. You might get modem noise or something when you ring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

That's exactly the same message I get on my motorola vodafone PAYG phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 yman

Just doing some shameless self-promotion, please forgive me.

TV Advert!
    Stop! Loosing sleep over the fact that your dear old friend multitext has stopped working? Can't bear running the cracked copy of mt? Look no further! The mighty and powerful yman, the annoying and pedantic security advisor has created a web clone. That's right! An exciting and vibrant (you can tell by the pastel colours, wee!) Web 2.0 application clone of the old and crusty VB6 mt client. How can I find-out more about this? Well, dear friend, just click this link with your desktop mouse, or your laptop trackbad if you own a lappy, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055120340

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Has anyone else been having problems with AFT recently? Using an O2 and voda account.

(I know O2 were down for maintenance but I'm still having problems)

Thanks

Has anyone else been having problems with AFT recently? Using an O2 and voda account.

(I know O2 were down for maintenance but I'm still having problems)

Thanks
    I don't think it is the aft server in any case. I use aft with smsdiscount and it literally has not failed me once in over 1000 texts. Incredible.

I'd say it's down to the networks own websites (we all know how good o2 is!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Ok thanks dal. :)

Advertisement