Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

@puding

m23 pioneer vest, and a bekas les bdu.

I've always assumed they were very good, seeing as they are sponsors of red-alliance, I have heard some items are out of stock and hard to get though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

will have to give them a try then, waiting for a gorka e and gorka s along with a smersh set for the gathering :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ebaybanned,
    how long do they usually take and does there stuff go near customs that much or at all?
    was a bit surprised when they said 2-5 working days for my stuff to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

This thread here:
    Ebaybanned delivery time

should help you out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

ordered from flecktarn.co.uk on Thursday - gear arrived today.
    Superb service and the quality of gear is so far beyond ebaybanned.Really a great experience with flecktarn everytime.
    even the little touch like sending you a photo of your gear before is ships.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Morning all.

Has anyone ordered of this crowd? Any good? Good/bad reports?

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/

All the best,

Ian

I have before, they seem ok, make sure they know we aren't under the vcra here as they nearly painted my luger luminous snot green.

Usually they will ask in e-mail though.

Bar that they seem ok, decent stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Morning all.

Has anyone ordered of this crowd? Any good? Good/bad reports?

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/

All the best,

Ian

Moved to retailer's thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

kdouglas wrote: »
    Moved to retailer's thread.

Thanks, sorry about the wrong section.

Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 danielsa

So I bought a rifle from hobby & gear that was sent by normal HK airmail post about 3 weeks ago.

Excellent price on the rifle, about 85usd, although shipping was 55usd.

I checked the tracking and noticed nothing happening so contacted the seller.

Turns out item got stopped by hong kong post, the seller said that he would refund me the cost of the goods without shipping (even though it didn't go anywhere). So i am 30 euro+ out.

Has anyone else had similar experiences and is this the SOP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

EMS Speedpost will no longer ship Airsoft devices to Ireland sadly, i now use TNT instead personally.

zero19 wrote: »
    EMS Speedpost will no longer ship Airsoft devices to Ireland sadly, i now use TNT instead personally.

Hopefully that will change in time, some minor progress is being made, its a very slow process with a lot of red tape.

Thanks for the reply zero19...

I was aware of the EMS ban, unfortunatly did my research too late, after ordering the gun.

I am more interested in the fact that the shipping is not refundable... i would assume if the gun didn't go anywhere the shipping fee would not be charged? $55 to sit in a post office for 3 weeks seems a lot, then again warehouse space is expensive!

How did you pay mate?

If it was paypal, file a dispute, if it was a credit card, charge it back.

The retailer should have known about the ems ban, many of them if not all of them were informed by ems a long time ago.

What retailer was it also if I may ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

danielsa wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply zero19...

I was aware of the EMS ban, unfortunatly did my research too late, after ordering the gun.

I am more interested in the fact that the shipping is not refundable... i would assume if the gun didn't go anywhere the shipping fee would not be charged? $55 to sit in a post office for 3 weeks seems a lot, then again warehouse space is expensive!

As Sam said, file a dispute. Its not your problem the item was returned to them.

It was hobby & gear.

http://www.hobbyngear.com/cubecart/

The guy i am dealing with seems fair enough, correspondence is very good and quick and he is friendly.

Would say if it wasn't for EMS, the transaction would have gone smooth and i would be recommending them now, rather than asking where i stand with regards to the refund!

I did pay by paypal, but he offered me a $100 voucher for use on the site (meaning i would loose around $30), which i reckon i might just take and buy a scope and mags or something that isn't going to get stopped. Better than going through the joy of a paypal dispute.

My initial post was more for a feel of where i stand with regards to not getting back the postage fee, not really about a bad experience with the retailer.

On a more positive note, i used gunfire.pl for bbs and a few other things last week and they were very good, and free shipping as well. Might be best to keep it in Europe... does the same problems that are happening with Hong kong EMS apply to any other countries around europe as well (replica guns going through england i believe?).

Heathrow airport police and customs are turning away all "rif's" as they call them.

Its an over zealous enforcement of a law not applicable to us imo, anything that goes into or through heathrow may have difficulty, but tnt and couriers avoid that stopover so can continue importing as normal.

I wrote a strongly worded letter to the person (while still being civil) without a paypal dispute, and they refunded my full funds... so yay, a result!

Have to say, he was a nice person to deal with and I would have been happy with the price i paid if not for the post problems.

He was saying that the item was sent by hong kong post not EMS... Here i was thinking it was the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

danielsa wrote: »
    He was saying that the item was sent by hong kong post not EMS... Here i was thinking it was the same thing.

They are the same thing as far as I know.

2 different services but dealt with by the same deports and offices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Puding wrote: »
    2 different services but dealt with by the same deports and offices

I understand it to be like an posts regular service and the "Speedpost" s. The problems with the UK stopovers apply to both so realistically they are the same.

about it, ems is a service run by most country post service, i received a parcel sent via ems from russia this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

thank you a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

lucozader wrote: »
    thank you a lot

Moved to retailer thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

What courier do Redwolf use? there only option is "express courier service".

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

They use a variety of couriers :

EMS (Speedpost), FEDEX, DHL, UPS, and TNT.

Lads, how the hell do you apply the upgrade plans on gunner?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

He only offers them with some gun via his webshop.

Email him with what you want and he'll reply with a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Beast ASI wrote: »
    They use a variety of couriers :

EMS (Speedpost), FEDEX, DHL, UPS, and TNT.

Gracias. Anyone got anything off them lately, just wondering incase they try sending it by EMS and it gets recalled.

• Advertisement

Beast ASI wrote: »
    He only offers them with some gun via his webshop.

Email him with what you want and he'll reply with a quote.

Just afet doing that, thanks anyways.
    Probably be a while till I get a reply..

Advertisement