Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Their shipping is expensive, other than that I cant fault them

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

kdouglas wrote: »
    Their shipping is expensive, other than that I cant fault them

Upgrades can be a hit and miss (Some friends had a few problems) with them not installing everything they should have or misshimmed e.t.c. while other people said they're good.

As a general retailer they're very good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

what are ebaybanned.com shipping times like? it's only a peq box.

Crave wrote: »
    what are ebaybanned.com shipping times like? it's only a peq box.

7 days exactly normally.

My last 4 or 5 orders from them have either taken 6 or 7 days.

I'm from the North though, so not sure 100% on what it takes for you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

In my experience for small items your talking 2 weeks plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Here I am, responding to my own posts. Truly, I lead a lonely life :( Turns out that the fire-support.co.uk ordering system can be a little aggressive but they helpfully cancelled the order. I wouldn't have been charged anyway (unless they invented a credit card number and charged that - Irish retailers, feel free to bill my imaginary CC!). I set a new order and all is well (14 sterling for postage, under 10kg).

If anyone was following this, or is interested in ordering from fire-support.co.uk, I've just received my order from them. From when they processed the order to here on my door was 2 days, although it took about a day or two for them to process the order. It was a box of G36 140 rnd mid-caps, SL-8 20 rnd low-caps, and a duty belt. All in all, a helpful, friendly, fast service, though as I said before watch out for their check-out which can be a bit aggressive and assume you've ordered, even if you're only checking the shipping total. It's actually harmless and they'll cancel the order themselves.

If you haven't checked the site, it's not bad at all, a sort of Argos of Airsoft (a veritable warehouse of inventory) though not terribly cheap, and organised by manufacturer rather than type (which can make finding a specific item a long, tedious process - irritating, since their shopping basket times out in a hurry). I gather they don't ship guns or gas overseas, I don't know if that includes Ireland (they claimed not to process CCs from overseas either but I had no trouble).

I'd rather buy from our excellent local retailers but it's worth checking out for that urgent item you can't get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

If anyone was following this, or is interested in ordering from fire-support.co.uk, I've just received my order from them. From when they processed the order to here on my door was 2 days, although it took about a day or two for them to process the order. It was a box of G36 140 rnd mid-caps, SL-8 20 rnd low-caps, and a duty belt. All in all, a helpful, friendly, fast service, though as I said before watch out for their check-out which can be a bit aggressive and assume you've ordered, even if you're only checking the shipping total. It's actually harmless and they'll cancel the order themselves.

If you haven't checked the site, it's not bad at all, a sort of Argos of Airsoft (a veritable warehouse of inventory) though not terribly cheap, and organised by manufacturer rather than type (which can make finding a specific item a long, tedious process - irritating, since their shopping basket times out in a hurry). I gather they don't ship guns or gas overseas, I don't know if that includes Ireland (they claimed not to process CCs from overseas either but I had no trouble).

I'd rather buy from our excellent local retailers but it's worth checking out for that urgent item you can't get here.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like they are worth bookmarking anyway.
    It does seem like an awkward site to get around, needs javascript enabled too or it won't work (i usually have js disabled).
    What's their shipping costs like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Thanks for the info. Sounds like they are worth bookmarking anyway.
    It does seem like an awkward site to get around, needs javascript enabled too or it won't work (i usually have js disabled).
    What's their shipping costs like?
    Turns out that the fire-support.co.uk ordering system can be a little aggressive but they helpfully cancelled the order. I wouldn't have been charged anyway (unless they invented a credit card number and charged that - Irish retailers, feel free to bill my imaginary CC!). I set a new order and all is well (14 sterling for postage, under 10kg).

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Darn, didn't spot that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Just had a very good expirence with UPS:

DUBLIN,
    IE 03/04/2008 16:07 DELIVERED
    03/04/2008 7:03 OUT FOR DELIVERY
    03/04/2008 7:03 IMPORT SCAN
    03/04/2008 3:52 ARRIVAL SCAN

KOELN (COLOGNE),
    DE 03/04/2008 4:23 DEPARTURE SCAN
    03/04/2008 3:57 DEPARTURE SCAN

KOELN (COLOGNE),
    DE 02/04/2008 23:15 ARRIVAL SCAN

DUBAI,
    AE 02/04/2008 18:20 DEPARTURE SCAN
    02/04/2008 14:46 ARRIVAL SCAN

CHEK LAP KOK,
    HK 02/04/2008 10:09 DEPARTURE SCAN
    02/04/2008 0:39 EXPORT SCAN
    02/04/2008 0:39 ORIGIN SCAN
    CHEUNG SHA WAN,

HK 01/04/2008 22:21 COLLECTION SCAN

HK 01/04/2008 14:12 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Didn't get seised and only had to pay 36 customs:)

• Advertisement

I've personally just had a terrible experience up North with UPS. The VCRA probably affected it, but from any of my last RIF orders, they've all taken a month.

They also sent me a letter if I didn't provide evidence of skirmisher defence, which you have to do now :(, my stuff would be destroyed in 7 days, how nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

ye they're very fast because they go through Germany,happened to me as-well

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Hi

Just ordered an AEG from RSOV at the weekend. The question is will I be waiting long for the order to arrive?

Is it possible to cancel an order with them, obviously before it is dispatched?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

666bxg wrote: »
    Hi

Just ordered an AEG from RSOV at the weekend. The question is will I be waiting long for the order to arrive?

Is it possible to cancel an order with them, obviously before it is dispatched?

cheers

Dispatch time varies but once its gone it should arrive within a week or so. No idea about cancelling. Have you paid them?

Also, Boomarms lads, anyone use them? Haven't got a confirmed quote. and its been like a month...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Also, Boomarms lads, anyone use them? Haven't got a confirmed quote. and its been like a month

there sometimes very hard to get a reply from, when i have ordered from them the shipping has always been good, and there very good with helping you with downgrades

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Finally after 5 days of emailing, they replied and cancelled my order. I paid via paypal and it was duly refunded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hightower(!)

hi guys, i need help.... i own a D-Boys M4 CQB, my problem is i decided to replace the rubber bucking, i think thats what you call it. anyway its a small rubber piece with a brass ring. Ive just made a complete balls of it, the rubber piece ripped when i was putting it on. At the moment my fps is pure sh.. and sometimes the bbs just fall to the ground. Does anybody have any ideas, i need to have this right for saturday. Is there any shop in ireland that stocks these parts? :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

GHOSTARMY on the front lines

they are also on ebay. They sell a lot of gear acu, coyote brown etc and are US based.

my strongest recommendation...stay well well well well away from them. It is a pity i bought off them before and they were grand but i have just had a hellish 4 weeks before they finally refunded one item and shipped the other. This was the transaction from hell with ebay cancelling the item for some transgression or other on their side right in the middle of it. i have an email a mile long and had to warn them i was going to contact ebay/paypal to recover funds before they would deliver....

so be warned.....take that bargepole, tie the next bargepole to it and approach with caution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

Just got delivery today of a part from red wolf, my first time using them and I have to say the service is fantastic, well impressed with it. Ordered at about about 4.00am Irish time and at my door this morning and had been in Ireland since Sunday.. Was sent by fedex and a bit expensive, but well worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

Just had an Email from RSOV stating:
    we can not ship any firearms by post office airmail from 03 Apr 2008 .
    sent reply about other options and they sent back USP or TNT, but according to their FAQ USP and TNT are not recommended for shipping to Ireland.
    sent back asking about surface mail am now waiting for reply from them

• Advertisement

we can not ship any firearms by post office airmail from 03 Apr 2008

well if we are talking about rsov then more than likely the aegs are classed as firearms as there over 1j , but it might just be worded (translated badly) and an extension of the ems problem

its nothing to do with the 1 joule.
    the post office won't except any imitation firearm for shipping through airmail.
    what i had ordered was the m203 launcher.

the post office won't except any imitation firearm for shipping through airmail.

do you have any info on this as it may help to sort out the issues people are having at the moment, if this is the case it must be a change of policy on recently imposed as i've had not problems myself and i think i;ve imported about 15 aegs thought the post office, and a large number of them where open by customs, so this much have only changed in the last few days even
    what i had ordered was the m203 launcher.

that does not make sense as the m203 is not an 'imitation firearm'

al i have is the email from RSOV that states this new rule came in on the 3rd April

interesting to know , somethings is getting lost in translation as im shore we would have got at least some information from an post or customs by know

this was attached to my Email from RSOV.

under the requirments of the destination country

ok this clouds the water even more, have not heared anything from the post office or customs yet so might be nice to know where this has come from

the only thing i can think of is that we are being lumped in with the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just thought id make a post hear about the obsured trouble im having with ehobby asia.

I purchased a bereta m9 full steel from them nearly two weeks ago. It costs me 34 euros including shipping.

Before purchase i asked what price shipping was on various items.

They said that the price was $10 for gbb pistols, ebb pistols where same as usa and that aegs are $25.

So away i go pay them and await my pistol. I then get an email about the various shipping issues that have been noted, so we have a discussion that results in them sending by normal post or ups.

So i wait a few more days.... then i get

"Unfortunatly the product you have ordered is not in stock, we can refund you or you can order other products"

ok , im pissed now but i go have a goosey gander around the site. Then i find this

a kjw full steel m1911a1. Its a beautiful looking piece, reviews are all good. It costs 98.99 then the 10 dollars shipping. So thats 108.99 in total.

So i tell ehobby, no problem ill take this and just send me an invoice so i can pay the additonal 54 dollars.

Then they reply with an outragous statement, the price of the pistol is now $143.99. And the way they break it down is, $98.99 + $45 dollars shipping.

So as you can guess im in deep talks with them and problems are going to arise.

I been with ebay for over 7 years now and know my rights and laws, im also highly aware of international trading laws, as my family have been trading online for over 10 years.

Ebay has its own legislation regarding shipping abuse and when there is a case it can result in a site being shut down.

Now I guess a foward apology is due, because if things are not sorted out for me, a complaint is going into ebay for it to be investagated. Being a long time ebayer, ive come across countless stores that rip off the customer.

I'm currently down €35, and nothing to show for it, might not be alot, but its the principle.

I'm hoping they can get their act together for everyones sake. It may be the case that if there is a genuine amount of customers here i might just ask for a refund and leave it at that, but id definatly like some input here.

As i said its principle and to keep ebay a strong marketplace, and I'd go to great lengths to ensure scnadals like this are at a minimum. There is no personal gain for me, except my money back, but after getting stung heavy in one of my first ebay transactions i said i wouldnt let it happen again and have had good success in having more then 10 stores running this simlar scandalous rippoffs have their stores shut down.

Again as i stated some input would be worthwhile, i dont want to make the store stop shipping to ireland cause of my 30 euro, but still anyone who has had any previous dealings with the store, if they could contact me regarding their shipping rates and the services they recieved, i might treat this as a once off.

• Advertisement

normally with ehobby the shipping is $10 more then for the U.S. but with this new rule from Kong Kong post shipping might be cheaper because it wont be shipped by airmail just surface.

Advertisement