Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Great service from Paul in corkairsoft shop ordered on Tuesday and package waiting on my desk this morning. Thanks again.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Shiva wrote: »
    The law doesnt actually state a "Feet Per Second" rate - instead it puts the limit at 1 joule of energy.

The FPS rate you hear being quoted as the legal limit is 328...

Shiva is bang-on, as usual, but 100 metres per second is much easier to remember (and much easier to calculate) :D

Energy = 1/2 the mass in kg x (velocity in m/s squared)

0.0002kg/2 =.0001
    x100
    x100 = 1

What are these "feet" of which you speak? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

0.002kg/2 =.001

sorry to be pedantic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

0.002kg/2 =.001

sorry to be pedantic :)

You might want to recheck that bb weight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

:( i r win @ maths.
    disregard.

• Advertisement

:( i r win @ maths.
    disregard.

Don't worry, I had to recheck it myself. It happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

scanlant wrote: »
    Don't worry, I had to recheck it myself. It happens :)

That's why I had to check the frelling thing about 18 times before I posted it.

:)

does anyone know how reliable wgcshop are with downgrading aegs? I want to be as sure as I can before ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the 4 aegs i;ve had downgraded by them have all been fine

Puding wrote: »
    the 4 aegs i;ve had downgraded by them have all been fine

great, just wanted to make sure. Thanks Puding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

As of this morning, virtually all of eHobby-Asia's stock seems to have been taken off e-bay.
    http://stores.ebay.com/eHobby-Asia-Airsoft-Supplier

Whether this is due to a glitch, or the new pricing structures announced, I've no idea. Hopefully they'll set up again somewhere, as they were reliable, and the postage was cheap in the bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Nodin wrote: »
    As of this morning, virtually all of eHobby-Asia's stock seems to have been taken off e-bay.
    http://stores.ebay.com/eHobby-Asia-Airsoft-Supplier

Whether this is due to a glitch, or the new pricing structures announced, I've no idea. Hopefully they'll set up again somewhere, as they were reliable, and the postage was cheap in the bargain.

They're moving to a new, non-ebay site.

I was looking at their pre-launch site this morning and last night, and it looks excellent. The prices seem to be slightly lower, and you have the ability to get a shipping estimate before you buy. It also looks like it'll combine shipping too.

The test address they were using is http://www.shop.ehobbyasia.com/ - its only working sporadically though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They still owe me €45 for a scope rail that never arrived :( Five months now and nothing.

Always found them reliable until I ran into this hitch. Fairly terrible customer service so far. Just keep repeating that they can't issue a refund till the trace completes. They also failed to mention that the post office hadn't contacted them since the 23rd of July.

Think I'll be ringing the credit card company in the morning. Although I may have left it too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Shiva wrote: »
    They're moving to a new, non-ebay site.

I was looking at their pre-launch site this morning and last night, and it looks excellent. The prices seem to be slightly lower, and you have the ability to get a shipping estimate before you buy. It also looks like it'll combine shipping too.

The test address they were using is http://www.shop.ehobbyasia.com/ - its only working sporadically though.

Ty Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

They always had next day delivery as i always receive my orders the next day but what do they mean by this?
    New shipping method! Who would have thought we could get any quicker with our deliverys, but from 5/9/08 onwards, all items are now shipped via An Post Next Day Express Post! With no price increase!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

You get your orders the day before you order........
    ...:D

Putting the Words "An Post" together with "Next Day Delivery"
    Is an Oxymoron.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Another order from ebaybanned successfully completed although a bit slow.

On the other hand Corkairsoft shop very quick in getting a few parts out to me excellent service lads. Thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

bullets wrote: »

Is an Oxymoron.

~B

Always been next day delivery with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

bullets wrote: »

Is an Oxymoron.

~B

Letter post is questionable - you could call it next week delivery sometimes.
    Parcel post (or anything else tracked from my experience), what most airsoft stuff would be sent by, in general IS next day delivery. Give An Post their dues, they do do a good job most of the time.

Anyway my postman is a PIRATE!!!!! Well he has got an earring!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i contacted ehobby for the price as the quote on the website seemed low so i emailed them. the seemed to think they could use the normal post and as we all know thats a an area prone to problems.

did anyone get any other postal options??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

They always had next day delivery as i always receive my orders the next day but what do they mean by this?
    New shipping method! Who would have thought we could get any quicker with our deliverys, but from 5/9/08 onwards, all items are now shipped via An Post Next Day Express Post! With no price increase!

Our previous postal method was An Post Parcel Post which was 2-3 days, they were just exceptionally good at what they did.
    Our new postal method is An Post Express Post, which is guaranteed next day delivery. So if you make your order before 4pm, your parcel will arrive the next day. :)

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Our previous postal method was An Post Parcel Post which was 2-3 days, they were just exceptionally good at what they did.
    Our new postal method is An Post Express Post, which is guaranteed next day delivery. So if you make your order before 4pm, your parcel will arrive the next day. :)

Steve

Up to 4pm now? Nice! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

i've noticed a few sites stating that they offer no warranty on clone AEG's. Legal under consumer law?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

these sites in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

i've noticed a few sites stating that they offer no warranty on clone AEG's. Legal under consumer law?

Good question, I wondered that too, I presume it is, but it sounds like it

could be in breach of something :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes, one of them was, can't remember what it was off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

just bought my first bit of kit from eirsoft

M4A1 And ACOG Red Dot Sight

Sexy Kit
    Good Priceing
    Patient Employees

will be going back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Far as I know, if it's not fit for purpose sold, etc, then the Consumer Rights legislation covers you and overrides any terms that the retailer offers. But it's limited, and I understand that is because AEGs, for example, are user-serviceable. Or, user-feckable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 merollan

Hi Guys,

I am very new to the site and would like to know 3 things.

1. how do i post a new thread on the forum?
    2. how do i custom a poll for a question i want to ask on that thread?
    3. if i want to ask any questions to get feedback regarding a new business idea, what the best thing to do?

Any help or advice on this would be great.

Regards
    Colin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

PM the mods, business based threads must be discussed and approved by mods before posting.
    kevteljeur wrote: »
    Far as I know, if it's not fit for purpose sold, etc, then the Consumer Rights legislation covers you and overrides any terms that the retailer offers. But it's limited, and I understand that is because AEGs, for example, are user-serviceable. Or, user-feckable...

I remember ages ago, working in an electronics store, there were rows about this every week. There was always someone coming in spouting the "I know my rights" and quoting (poorly) things they had learned in leaving cert business class, much to the amusement of myself and the manager (me being the shops tech and him being in charge, we got the majority of this abuse).
    Basically there are exceptions to the rule with certain items. For example, consumable products like batteries would not be covered by warranties. Even rechargeable batteries are exempt. You'll find that many user-serviceable items are excluded also.
    Take RAM stick for a computer for example, your statutory rights end the minute you open the ESD bag as you have compromised the static protection. However, if you have that same RAM installed for you by the store you bought it from, your rights stay intact because it was not user-serviced. As confusing as that is, there's a load of grey areas in between.
    Also, certain other items are exempt due to the type of use they are designed for. For example, a hammer wouldn't usually come with a warranty, or a crowbar etc. It's called the "acceptable wear and tear" clause. I'd assume that because (some) retailers think that clones are so far below the par of high end units, that selling them with a warranty is a financial risk to themselves. Though this could be argued rather strongly, especially since CA gear outstrips clones for, well..., stripping gears!

Advertisement