Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

ye i was worried about customs.. wats the worst thing that could happen?

well the worst thing that can happen is that they take it for testing its found to be over and destroyed

what make mp5 did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭leprechaun47

Puding wrote: »
    well the worst thing that can happen is that they take it for testing its found to be over and destroyed

what make mp5 did you get?
    the jing gong mp5 j

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

is this your tracking number? 229488537
    Reference PRODUCE W14 PK3
    Pick Up Date 22/05/2008
    Delivery Service EXPRESS
    Destination DERBY
    Delivery Date 23/05/2008 at 11:12
    Items Delivered 1
    Items Left At GOODS INWARD
    Signatory heagu
    Date Time Location Status
    23/05/2008 11:12 DERBY Delivered
    23/05/2008 06:39 NOTTINGHAM Out for delivery
    23/05/2008 02:20 NOTTINGHAM At delivery depot

what retailer was it from? i say they have just given you teh wrong tracking number

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Its from redwolf,I have the correct tracking number and the quote of the tracking info above was completely different to mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭nutzbutz

the jing gong mp5 j
    just looking at the specs for this on gunner airsoft and its power is 350fps with 0.2g BB which is over 1j,unless you got a downgrade it will probably be seized and destroyed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Eirsoft.ie leading the way again it seems, fair play shiva!

nutzbutz wrote: »
    just looking at the specs for this on gunner airsoft and its power is 350fps with 0.2g BB which is over 1j,unless you got a downgrade it will probably be seized and destroyed!!
    it shoots at about 330fps.. has anyone recently ordered from rsov?

it shoots at about 330fps.
    where did you get that info from?

where did you get that info from?
    i saw a vid of one being chrono'd.. it was the echo 1. im not 100 percent....
    im just wondering if anyone has ordered recently.. ye're gettin me worried now

• Advertisement

the echo one is a re branded version normally they will change improve the internals its possible that the echo 1 was firing stock at that power, unfortunately the JG is a different beast, the problem with clones is the inconsistency,

so what happens if my delivery doesnt come? do i get refunded or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

so what happens if my delivery doesnt come? do i get refunded or what?

As Puding mentioned, Echo 1 are a clone re-brand company, like Cybergun. Part of their rebranding process is to change out the original Jing Gong spring, which is normally shooting between 350 and 380 FPS, and replace it with a less powerful one to bring it in under 1 joule.

There's no compensation for the loss of your goods if its seized by customs and destroyed.

Shiva wrote: »
    As Puding mentioned, Echo 1 are a clone re-brand company, like Cybergun. Part of their rebranding process is to change out the original Jing Gong spring, which is normally shooting between 350 and 380 FPS, and replace it with a less powerful one to bring it in under 1 joule.

There's no compensation for the loss of your goods if its seized by customs and destroyed.
    so at what fps is it considered illegal?

1joule - under 328 with .2g bbs

1joule - under 328 with .2g bbs
    ok, and does anyone know wat the jg mp5j's fps is

so at what fps is it considered illegal?

The law doesnt actually state a "Feet Per Second" rate - instead it puts the limit at 1 joule of energy.

The FPS rate you hear being quoted as the legal limit is 328 - this comes about because a .2g BB fired at 1 joule will have a muzzle velocity of 328 feet per second. This number is the most often quoted because .2g BBs are the most commonly used in airsoft.

However, the FPS of a gun will decrease if a heavy BB is used (.23g, .25g etc, etc), but the energy will remain constant.

So...to answer your question...if a BB of .2g in weight is used to test it, and the muzzle velocity is over 328 feet per second, its illegal. Now, due to the nature of the airsoft devices, and the local conditions when the test is conducted, there is a probability that there will be an allowance made for something slightly over the limit. But that probability has never been confirmed, and never will be, so we all just aim to get them under 328 fps.

ok, and does anyone know wat the jg mp5j's fps is

Anything from 340 fps to 380 fps - they're quite inconsistent.

Shiva wrote: »
    Anything from 340 fps to 380 fps - they're quite inconsistent.
    and will customs defenetly inspect it ye?

and will customs defenetly inspect it ye?

hit and miss, customs are very active at the moment

• Advertisement

hit and miss, customs are very active at the moment
    k, thanks for ye're help.. ill keep ye posted on wat happens

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Is it normal to receive a bill from fed-ex a month AFTER they deliver an item, when you payed postage etc. in advance?

Got a delivery from the US and a month later, this frickin invoice comes for 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

I believe customs gotcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Motosam wrote: »
    Is it normal to receive a bill from fed-ex a month AFTER they deliver an item, when you payed postage etc. in advance?

Got a delivery from the US and a month later, this frickin invoice comes for 50 euro.

Happened to me in back in 06 about a month after I received my first rifle. :(

Was from the U.S too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

How irritating.

And they do a nice administration charge too, lovely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah fedex do that a lot, its to speed up the delivery time.,

yep its there normal standard operation procedure had it a number of its unfortunately lovely how they enter you into a credit agreement without you even knowing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Received mags and battery from ebaybanned yesterday ordered them 3 weeks ago another successful order from them highly recommend that seller if you don't mind a small wait.

As for RSOV will never buy from them again, their after sales service is terrible 2 problems with them, a cracked inner barrel and a package that has disappeared when it left Hong Kong in April and basically they don't want to know.I have sent numerous emails I have filled in a form with an post stating I did not receive the package all to no avail their response is that they are waiting to hear back from hong Kong post this is 4.5 months later.:confused:

Chatted with a few lads with at G TAc on Sunday and they also have complaints about Rsov after sales service. My opinion is to stay well away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I'd just like to recommend WGC. Bought some equipment there recently: scopes, mags, rails etc.. (which I was worried about given recent tales of customs), but anyway, I ordered last Friday, goods were processed and sent on Saturday, and Monday evening I was greeted by the lovely sight of my sights and gear.
    4 days from processing to delivery!!!

Also I asked them to include a document stating they were airsoft toys ONLY, and of course the duly obliged.
    (I dont know if that got it through customs swiftly or not, but it cant have hurted.)

I highly recommend them as this isnt the only delivery I've gotten in less than 5 days.
    They are very helpful and their replys are consistent.ie. You always get either your quote or help the day after you message them.

P.S. I'd also like to say UPS were quite good also. I've had problems with them before but recently the've been nothing but great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

it shoots at about 330fps.. has anyone recently ordered from rsov?

Leprechaun I have ordered a few aeg's from Rsov. and found that they are likley to fire 20 to 30 fps below what is stated on the web site. But I suppose that could go the other way also.:eek: I think you are better off looking an gunnerair were they will downgrade the Aeg for you. That way you are not running the risk of it being siezed and destroyed.

Rgds

Advertisement