Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Just ordered a load of kit on friday 25th from www.opsgear.com arrived today in good order. i wouldnt buy weapons off them due to the redbarrel but for accessories its top notch.

cheap and cheerful, and a 5 day delivery time is sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just afet doing that, thanks anyways.
    Probably be a while till I get a reply..

Turns out Gunner will do a 1J downgrade for free!

Wohoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

kinkstr wrote: »
    Gracias. Anyone got anything off them lately, just wondering incase they try sending it by EMS and it gets recalled.

I got stuff of redwolf and tnt were used. It was just parts and it got held in customs for a day. It took 5 working days for it to arrive at my doorstep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Do any irish airsoft sites accept laser? Seems to be only CC/PP on every site I've seen, and neither really suits me....

Also, sites like speedytoys have some very well priced budget weapons (need some for props, rather then to actually fire, MP5's, m4s, ak47s, etc, for 50-60 dollars), but delivery is insane, I was going to purchase several hundred dollars worth but shipping was 300 dollars! What sort of UK sites sell those sort of cheap models with reasonable shipping? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

airsoftworld.ie take laser

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

shblob wrote: »
    airsoftworld.ie take laser

Was in there today, lovely chaps. And its literally 10mins away from my house on a bike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

yeah I got a pistol and a rifle in there, was the best deal I could find from anywhere in Ireland.

Just to answer my own question earlier, I found a Polish site that delivers EU wide for flat out shipping charge via DHL. They even had 1:1 replica airsoft guns as low as 8-10 euro, though obviously I avoided these, as I need them for props, and these particular ones look very plastic, but at that price....

Anyway, for 161 including delivery to Ireland, I got:

AK-47 Spring powered
    AK-47 Battery Powered
    MP5A4 Battery Powered w/2 mags
    Cheap USP (3 euro 1:1 replica, and will only be seen in holster...)
    Googles

While I appreciate the battery powered stuff is only .6j, and probably crap quality, with rubbish batteries, they look great, and that's all I need them for.

So for anyone looking for props/wallhangers, or just plain old cheap airsoft rifles, fantastic site.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

This is the same site but easier to use..Shippings really cheap to Ireland and they have a pretty good range too.

http://gun-fire.com/main.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Hmmm the USP looks more like a Mk.23 to me, but at that price it's hard to complain! I have that MP5, it's a lovely replica for the price i must say

Well I need the spring AK/MP5/Pistol for props only, but for 35 euro, I simply had to buy the battery powered AK for the laugh, I doubt it'll be hard to resell at cost price anyway.....it does look very plastic but.....35 euro!!

Was very impressed by this, unfortunately didn't notice it until I'd ordered - 3KG full metal MP40 (with ABS parts where the original used bakelite) for 55 euro....awesome wall hanger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭blue42

anyone try the D-BOY KAR 98..Thankfull for any advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 the_one

This is the same site but easier to use..Shippings really cheap to Ireland and they have a pretty good range too.

http://gun-fire.com/main.php

as this site is based inside the EU would we still have the same problems with coustoms?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

as this site is based inside the EU would we still have the same problems with coustoms?

all the issues resolving around airsoft devices will still be an issue, only thing that would be differant is that vat and duty would not be applyed. it can still be seized if that is what your asking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 the_one

Puding wrote: »
    all the issues resolving around airsoft devices will still be an issue, only thing that would be differant is that vat and duty would not be applyed. it can still be seized if that is what your asking

yes thats what i was wanting to know. i noticed that some of their stuff is over the 1j limit and i sent them an e-mail asking if they do a downgrade service but havent had a reply yet. i would have downgraded them myself when i got them but not going to chance it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Please read the forum charter

- There will be no discussion on the importation or upgrade of airsoft to over 1 joule.

It doesn't matter where it comes from, all airsoft devices imported into the country must be under 1 Joule at the point of importation. Saying "I'll downgrade it when I get it" does not justify importing something which is, in the eyes of the law, an illegal firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I've kept this to myself because of the good after service but it's just a bit much now.

I first ordered a gun almost one year ago, waited one month to get it, broke within 1 hour, taped it up brought it to be scrimished but it was over the limit. Got a full refund but lost out on the p&p.

That's ok, but then went to order a new gun, had to wait another month.
    Got it, broke in two weeks and had to be replaced, had to wait another month, got the replacement.

fun times it was great. It lasted about one month and a bit
    bought another one in the mean time, which broke the first day going to use it, but that was grand because i had my original gun, but that broke the same day. so had two broken guns...
    Dropped them both in, one had to be replaced the other repaired, got the repaired one back, broke straight away.
    Then waiting being told that there was a replacement in for the other gun in i went up to the shop to be told there was none.

So after many pointless trips to the shop, and many days sitting at HRTA with broken guns I'm fairly annoyed as you can imagine.
    I'm not throwing my guns around the place in fact after the first one if anything I've been over cautious.
    It's just over almost a year i've only had a working gun for a month and a half max.

I was understanding at the start that you were just setting up and very busy, and now i understand that with the move you're also fairly busy. But still.

That's my experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I've kept this to myself because of the good after service but it's just a bit much now.

I first ordered a gun almost one year ago, waited one month to get it, broke within 1 hour, taped it up brought it to be scrimished but it was over the limit. Got a full refund but lost out on the p&p.

That's ok, but then went to order a new gun, had to wait another month.
    Got it, broke in two weeks and had to be replaced, had to wait another month, got the replacement.

fun times it was great. It lasted about one month and a bit
    bought another one in the mean time, which broke the first day going to use it, but that was grand because i had my original gun, but that broke the same day. so had two broken guns...
    Dropped them both in, one had to be replaced the other repaired, got the repaired one back, broke straight away.
    Then waiting being told that there was a replacement in for the other gun in i went up to the shop to be told there was none.

So after many pointless trips to the shop, and many days sitting at HRTA with broken guns I'm fairly annoyed as you can imagine.
    I'm not throwing my guns around the place in fact after the first one if anything I've been over cautious.
    It's just over almost a year i've only had a working gun for a month and a half max.

I was understanding at the start that you were just setting up and very busy, and now i understand that with the move you're also fairly busy. But still.

That's my experience

what aeg was it?

Tigger wrote: »
    what aeg was it?

First was a army r85, second was a AGMm14 third was a Galaxy mp5k

• Advertisement

They are all good guns.Maybe it was bad luck.But still it must be annoying for you to have your guns breaking all the time and I know what its like,I just broke a STAR M4 a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Yeah, that's been appalling service, and I'm very sorry.

I'm not going to waste time making excuses about being snowed under and not having the correct procedures in place to address problems, so all I'll say is this - When you come back to collect the MP5K, I'll give you €200 credit to cover the cost of your gun and the wasted time coming to the shop.

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience, and I hope we can make it up to you.

Shiva wrote: »
    Yeah, that's been appalling service, and I'm very sorry.

I'm not going to waste time making excuses about being snowed under and not having the correct procedures in place to address problems, so all I'll say is this - When you come back to collect the MP5K, I'll give you €200 credit to cover the cost of your gun and the wasted time coming to the shop.

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience, and I hope we can make it up to you.

Now thats what I call good service!!

Yes that's why I'm only disappointed and not angry because of the great after service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i'm impressed

I bought two pistols from Airguns.ie but they're having problems with their system, so my order although paid for didn't appear to go through properly. The guy rang me, and basically told me he'd give me free BB's and a better pistol for free to make up for the hassle/delay. Very impressed so far, now just to wait for it to arrive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭leprechaun47

ive ordered an mp5 off rsov.com using ups shipping, and im just wondering having looked around at a few posts whether im likely to have any problems. has anyone recently got one from the site??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well rsov is normal good with shipping and has good service but that will have no bearing on customs at this end, with customs as it is at the moment there is no way of telling if you will have an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭leprechaun47

ye i was worried about customs.. wats the worst thing that could happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Thanks again to the lads in Eirsoft. I had a rather expensive AEG go south and the lads fixed it with no questions asked. A retailer you can buy from with confidence.

But sure we all knew that

Advertisement