Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Miscreant wrote:
    Thanks for that Shiva. I was always terrible with names. Never forget a face though:D

I'll wear a full face mask next time you're at HRTA, so;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Shiva wrote:
    I'll wear a full face mask next time you're at HRTA, so :rolleyes:

Touché my friend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

edited mine to comply with new rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Just wanted to tell you about a good experiance I had with UNcompany today. A couple of weeks ago I placed an order with them, my 5th so far, and four days after I'd payed it still hadn't shipped. I e-mailed them about it and within two hours they replied that one of the items, a box of 6 MAG MP7 mid-caps, was out of stock but they'd ordered more and would have them the next day. The next day they e-mailed me the tracking number.

Got the stuff today and they had thrown in a couple of motor pinions and a full Tokyo Marui shim set for free. Very nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Fiach Dubh wrote:
    Just wanted to tell you about a good experiance I had with UNcompany today. A couple of weeks ago I placed an order with them, my 5th so far, and four days after I'd payed it still hadn't shipped. I e-mailed them about it and within two hours they replied that one of the items, a box of 6 MAG MP7 mid-caps, was out of stock but they'd ordered more and would have them the next day. The next day they e-mailed me the tracking number.

Got the stuff today and they had thrown in a couple of motor pinions and a full Tokyo Marui shim set for free. Very nice :)

I wish I had gotten such good service from them. When they messed up my order, I got half-english replies. A week later they did send me out the missing item, but then harrassed me for weeks with requests for a fax outlining what was missing from the package. They wanted a fax (not an email) so they could claim off Hong Kong Post. And all I got for my trouble was a free pair of women's high heel boots and a baby's vest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

To be fair those items sound like a screw up with customs or the post office, not UNc. It is a shame they messed up your order in the first place. About the half english thing, you'll get that with most HK based company's, I've had quite a long discussion with one of UNcompany's tech's via e-mail and his English was very good. Never had a problem with their sales department either. Sounds like you got unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

MaxForce wrote:
    Hi All, Has anyone ordered from Gunners recently? If so how did ye go.
    ambro25 wrote:
    Have today [EDIT: 18/09], small and simple enough order (Galaxy MP5K, 2 JG hicaps), will let ya know how it turns out.
    ambro25 wrote:
    Despatched 22/06, left HK for IE on 24/06.

Arrived IE and 'is being processed' on 28/06.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Anyone know if BFSL have got gas in yet? and if they're open an a saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

ye there open on saturday but the last time i checked(last week) they had barley anything

thanks. I'll give him a call tomorrow, see if he has any. it sucks having a GBB you can't use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

no prob n will you give me a pm if you fint out if theres new stock?????

Yup, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

MaxForce wrote:
    They seem expensive. €69 for a Cyma Glock AEP and €159 for the DBoys M4 CASV. Think I will stick with Keith.

I know I have been singing Keiths praises as of late but sent a request for info to him last Monday and recived an atumated response advising me to resend in 3 days if no response recived. I done that on Wednesday and I still have recived no response. What gives!!

MaxForce wrote:
    Hi All, Has anyone ordered from Gunners recently? If so how did ye go.

* Ordered Galaxy MP5K & 2 extra JG hicaps on 18/06.
    * (HK post tracking data) - Despatched by Gunner on 22/06.
    * (HK post tracking data) - Left HK for IE on 24/06.
    * (HK post tracking data) - Arrived in IE on 28/06.
    * Delivered first thing this morning 01/07.

All done :)

EDIT: Review will follow in due course, same style as my M4 review. Note I haven't got my digicam so it may be August before pix are uploaded.

Early impressions are 'favourable', but I can already tell you that, quality-wise, it doesn't appear to be quite in the same league as DBoys in terms of parts fit and finish.

Our HK retailer friends are getting as creative as ever: Gunner put the battery in the '5K, ostensibly to make room in the OEM box for the extra 2 hicaps - and forgot to put the speedloader back in the box :(

Finally, I thought the Dboys battery charger was cr@p? Well, that was before I saw the one Galaxy ships with their '5K: 2-pronged continental-type affair, half-the-size of the Dboys and looks like half-the-thickness of plastic casing - I'm scared of even plugging it in, never mind charge a battery with it :eek:

Nonetheless, if Paul's chrony is accurate and my M4 is indeed 321-325, then I suddenly have serious doubts: (fired a quick 50 rounds, looks like Gunner had charged the battery - howzat for service? :D) it seems to shoot a lot harder than the M4. Might be wrong... hope to be wrong...

ambro25 wrote:
    * Ordered Galaxy MP5K & 2 extra JG hicaps on 18/06.
    * (HK post tracking data) - Despatched by Gunner on 22/06.
    * (HK post tracking data) - Left HK for IE on 24/06.
    * (HK post tracking data) - Arrived in IE on 28/06.
    * Delivered first thing this morning 01/07.

All done :)

Looking good for Gunners so. Good to see he sorted out his problems.
    I still have not recived any reply from Keith.

MaxForce wrote:
    Looking good for Gunners so. Good to see he sorted out his problems.
    I still have not recived any reply from Keith.

er no...i should have listened to people here complaining about gunners..i ordered last tuesday and it is still processing.

stuff i ordered from uncompany and ehobby AFTER the gunners order, 1 has arrived, 1 i am expecting tomorrow or wednesday at latest. both of those orders shipped within 12 hours of my payment.

i contacted gunners, i got a response saying it is processing, exactly what it says on thier website, no more detail at all, a very terse 'PFO and wait' email.

i suspect its out of stock, tbh

i contacted them again this morning asking what the situation is...its still processing...no reply...

it seems to be very hit and miss with gunners, i certainly wont be sending my money that direction unless absolutely necessary.

pity they have good prices....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

same thing happend to me and it just arrived, don't think he likes updating the status on his site, my order is still showing processing and it arrived like a month ago, don't loose heart just think he is bad at contatcing people

er no...i should have listened to people here complaining about gunners..i ordered last tuesday and it is still processing.

stuff i ordered from uncompany and ehobby AFTER the gunners order, 1 has arrived, 1 i am expecting tomorrow or wednesday at latest. both of those orders shipped within 12 hours of my payment.

i contacted gunners, i got a response saying it is processing, exactly what it says on thier website, no more detail at all, a very terse 'PFO and wait' email.

i suspect its out of stock, tbh

i contacted them again this morning asking what the situation is...its still processing...no reply...

it seems to be very hit and miss with gunners, i certainly wont be sending my money that direction unless absolutely necessary.

pity they have good prices....

That is disturbing to say the least as I have still not recived a reply from Keith at RSOV. So do I place the order with Keith in light of getting no reply from him. It was just that he was handy as I could get all my stuff together rather then go to EHobbey for somthing and somewhere else for another bit. AGHHHH what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,611 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I also haven't received a reply from Keith either. :(

Its a holiday in China and Hong kong today.....has been all weekend.

• Advertisement

Shiva wrote:

HOLIDAY!!! HOLIDAY!!..>THIS IS AIRSOFT!!! WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR HOLIDAYS!!! LOL...i didnt know that shiva..thanks

Shiva wrote:

Evan so I did email him last monday and again on Wednesday. But thanks Shiva

finally, gunner have shipped...it seems a threat of paypal involvement is what got it moved. how sad is that

another big thumbs up for ehobby...got my m203 this morning...about a week to deliver. excellent site, excellent service...definitely one of my favourites..

Yeah, they're excellent. My TM M4 SIR-16 arrived this morning too....about 5 minutes after I left for work.

I sense an early finish for me today :D

The bulk order from Rsov was shipped a day or two before the M4, and its not showing up as being in Ireland yet.

Shiva wrote:
    Yeah, they're excellent. My TM M4 SIR-16 arrived this morning too....about 5 minutes after I left for work.

I sense an early finish for me today :D

The bulk order from Rsov was shipped a day or two before the M4, and its not showing up as being in Ireland yet.

strangely, i need to go home early as well...

Rep + 1 for 1800nametape.com

Ordered 3 nametags in ACU on Friday, arrived in post this morning and of super quality.

I'm not so hot on eHobby still, but then I've only ordered non-AEG stuff (gloves, goggles, etc.) - still, 2 weeks for the first order, getting to be 2 weeks for the one before last, so expecting 2 weeks again for the last order to date :(

ambro25 wrote:

Ordered 3 nametags in ACU on Friday, arrived in post this morning and of super quality.

I'm not so hot on eHobby still, but then I've only ordered non-AEG stuff (gloves, goggles, etc.) - still, 2 weeks for the first order, getting to be 2 weeks for the one before last, so expecting 2 weeks again for the last order to date :(

i give a thumbs up for 100name tags also..super fast delivery, really cool stuff.

ambro i got stuff very fast from ehobby, but as you say..it was aeg stuff.

perhaps for non aeg stuff they use a different method of post...come to think of it, i think all non aeg stuff i got from them was also 2 week...

MaxForce wrote:
    I know I have been singing Keiths praises as of late but sent a request for info to him last Monday and recived an atumated response advising me to resend in 3 days if no response recived. I done that on Wednesday and I still have recived no response. What gives!!

Well keith finaly got back to me and apologised for the delay in his response so might be doing business with him after all.:D

• Advertisement

ambro25 wrote:

yeah same as that. 3 name tags arrived in no time at all:D

Advertisement