Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

20-25euro. The US price is the same as shipping to ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

liamo333 wrote:
    20-25euro. The US price is the same as shipping to ireland.

Grand thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I finally decided to buy my first AEG and while I'm not going full out I'm picking what I thing is one of the best clones out there, the JG G36C.

Just one question does anyone know who much rsov charges to ship to ROI? The AEG is £45, not bad for a 320fps AEG and standard shipping is £32 so around how much extra is it?

I emailed him but he has yet to get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

it should be the same as advertised, But tbh if you can get him through email and do it you can get about 5% off so ive been told recently :( (after i ordered stuff, but still got a good deal).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

I finally decided to buy my first AEG and while I'm not going full out I'm picking what I thing is one of the best clones out there, the JG G36C.

Just one question does anyone know who much rsov charges to ship to ROI? The AEG is £45, not bad for a 320fps AEG and standard shipping is £32 so around how much extra is it?

I emailed him but he has yet to get back.

Good choice mate, i got the same, shipping should appear when you go to the cheakout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

Decided to order off RSOV today. Does everyone here pay with paypal? I'd rather do a bank transfer but he just seems to have paypal options.

I'd use paypal if they'd bloody accept a maestro card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

never paid with anything other then paypal meself. what ya buying?

Decided to get the scar... it's evil enough looking and I've heard it's pretty tough and'll accept TM mags.

What I really want is a CA Aug with M203 shorty once I've saved up a bit of cash.

Scar'll turn out to a load crap knowing my luck...

padmundo wrote:
    Decided to get the scar... it's evil enough looking and I've heard it's pretty tough and'll accept TM mags.

What I really want is a CA Aug with M203 shorty once I've saved up a bit of cash.

If your getting a 203 for the AUG A1, I'd get the full size 203 as I think it looks better than the shorty on the AUG. Plus it's what the Ranger Wing have slung under their AUGs

• Advertisement

Is it? I looked at a few pics it seemed like a shorty to me....

6-arw.jpg

This looks longer to me...

uncustom-aug-203version_big.jpg

Here is an airsoft version but its not 100% accurate. The 203 sits flush with the barrel on the real steel.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ReviewDetail?reviewID=30

And with the shorty, real steel.

http://www.remtek.com/arms/steyr/aug/aug203/m203.htm

padmundo wrote:
    Is it? I looked at a few pics it seemed like a shorty to me....

6-arw.jpg

Thats the full size 203, you can see the over shoot of the barrel. With the shorty its equal in length to the rifle barrel and uses a different mount.

both of those examples have the mounts wrong... the closest I've seen is either of these mounts...

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=16202

or

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=16988

padmundo wrote:
    both of those examples have the mounts wrong... the closest I've seen is either of these mounts...

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=16202

or

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=16988

They are pretty much spot on.

Perhaps it's the barrel length.... the m203 seems to be a shorty on the real ARW augs. The barrels on the airsoft augs may be different. The augs do come with a couple of different barrel groups.

At worst you could hack a bit off the end of the m203 to bring it in line...

I think those Ranger operators have the 16'' barrel it their AUGs instead of the standard 20''. That would explain it cause the guy on the right, the barrel on his AUG looks on the short side.

So now I have to find a 16" barrel mod too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Ordered 2 bags of .25g EXCEL bb's from www.flecktarn.co.uk last Tuesday evening, they arrived today (An Post was a bit slow on this end! :rolleyes:, and then with the whole long weekend and all).

Flecktarns service was top class, they were quick to process the order, they send you mails to let you know your order has gone to the various processes and even a picture of your order :D. Mail is 'International Signed For', its the only option, little dearer but at least you can track your package.

Good service overall!

• Advertisement

My order from rsov got picked up by customs yesterday, nothing is safe any more, party is over. Anyway.............

So thats 21% of €115 and €5 to the good lads at An Post.

That last guy that got 3 AEGs at once from rsov without the customs getting them was lucky or I'm very unlucky.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My order from rsov got picked up by customs yesterday, nothing is safe any more, party is over. Anyway.............

So thats 21% of €115 and €5 to the good lads at An Post.

That last guy that got 3 AEGs at once from rsov without the customs getting them was lucky or I'm very unlucky.:D

Did you get a letter saying you owed money? Or does it just say its in customs being inspected?

As everything I've ever tracked as far as I can remember ends up in customs. Usually get away without any charges though.

Same as what happened with the P226. They want the invoice so they know how much to charge me. If its under €22 then no VAT is added.

VAT will be charged at 21% and €5 handling charge, payable at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

That last guy that got 3 AEGs at once from rsov without the customs getting them was lucky or I'm very unlucky.
    Yes i hope that lads going to be just as lucky with whats likely to be his last order for a very long time :o

Master of the Universe

Argh. 21% is bloody high when it comes to expensive things like AEGs. Those Taxmen have no soul.

Then to add to that fire-support email me telling me the Eotech 552 sight I ordered last week is out of stock, so I have to settle for the 551 instead. I'm not going to wait 2 more weeks for the 552 to be back in stock.

I'm paying back for something bad I did, that karma, have to look out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

tbh theirs to much talk of VAT and Customs in this section, their grubby little hand and most importantly EYES are everywhere. all they have to do is look on in this and find the company names been talked about and stop them coming in as most if not all have their names put on the packages.

Master of the Universe

tbh theirs to much talk of VAT and Customs in this section, their grubby little hand and most importantly EYES are everywhere. all they have to do is look on in this and find the company names been talked about and stop them coming in as most if not all have their names put on the packages.

I mentioned that a long time ago. No one stopped. Probably too late to make any kind of a difference now. Unless I deleted the thread. Which I'm not doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Placed an order with ehobby last night, just got a mail from them there:
    We are going to experience a technical problem with our EBAY Store. Our store
    will close down for few days. We are urgently working with EBAY to resolve
    the problem. EBAY has agreed us our STORE will resume within few days. Should
    you have any questions, please feel free to email us jpc825@yahoo.com.

If you have already paid for your purchase, we will ship out your order promptly
    and you will receive shipment information shortly by email. If you have not
    pay for your purchase, you can proceed to PAYPAL for fast payment. Once we
    receive you payment, we will process your order immediately.

bit worried as to why they will be shut down for a few days? anyone hear anything about this?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

About eight months ago (A complete guess, Could have been longer) A similar thing happened. They closed down for about a month. Turns out the owner of multicam was trying to get their account shut down for selling counterfeit gear.

If they're talking to ebay about reopening, it sounds as if there's been a dispute with a seller or something along those lines.
    Hopefully they'll be back in business soon enough.

Advertisement