Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Wossack wrote:
    aye, its slow cause theyre just resizing the images in HTML instead of using actually physically smaller pics - all the pics are around 100-150kb :( could do with thumbnails alright! some dodgy web design there :p

figured as much alright, but no matter where i am, its about the same speed

home = 6mb, work/college = ~100mb and both load rsov at the same speed, must be a lack of bandwidth on their end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Found a new site: http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/

Not sure if it was mentioned before or not. Has very cheap prices for good guns, although I just saw shipping at £30 to Ireland for a pistol. Ridiculous charges. Anybody have any experiences with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Found a new site: http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/

Not sure if it was mentioned before or not. Has very cheap prices for good guns, although I just saw shipping at £30 to Ireland for a pistol. Ridiculous charges. Anybody have any experiences with them?

was difficult enough to find the section with airsoft stuff, (here for anyone else looks ok, prices seem to be about the same as most uk retailers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Just checked the status of my gun. It has been 'held by customs' is this a bad thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

liamo333 wrote:
    Just checked the status of my gun. It has been 'held by customs' is this a bad thing?

Not necesseraily. They are either testing its power or more then likly working out how much duty if any to charge you or weather or not it is a real gun or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

liamo333 wrote:

Happened to me all the time with stuff from HK. You should get a letter from them soon asking for the order/paypal invoice. Then they will foward it onto you with a nice little fee.

Hi All,
    How are things going with Gunners latly. I emailed him today and he replied say shipping should take place within one week of completing payment. Has anyone bought from him lately and gotten thier stuff on time?
    Thanks.
    MaxForce.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Sent an email order to BFSL a few weeks ago for a few items. Figured I'd support the local retailer, and the prices were quite decent as well.

After getting no reply after 2 weeks, I phoned Derek only for him to tell me that the email address had actually changed, but was not updated on the website.

So, I resent the email to the new address. A while passed with no reply, so I rang Derek again. He tells me that he was in a car accident, and orders would be delayed for a few days as a result. Fair enough, and no complaints from me.

About another 2 weeks have passed now, and I still have nothing to show for it, not even a confirmation email.

I really wanted BFSL to succeed. I'd much prefer dealing with a local supplier. But, I don't think I can wait around any longer. I would expect better service than this.

At the moment, I honestly can't reccomend buying from BFSL.

Shame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

ive never placed an order online or by phone so cant comment, all my orders were walkin jobs and ive had no complaints yet.

• Advertisement

Ijust got a letter from the revenue comission asking for my gun licence:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

That doesnt sound good :eek: , any more info?

My dad wrote a formal letter for me and I am going to send it off to them with the legislation.

uh oh... might be a good idea to reply to them with a copy of the CJB and something to say the aeg in question is under 1joule

Edit: great minds think alike :D

liamo333 wrote:
    My dad wrote a formal letter for me and I am going to send it off to them with the legislation.

That is what I did: Dear Sir/Madam

I refer to your request for further information and documents for parcel no. ***40/07.

The gun in the parcel is a toy gun. It does not fire ammuunition or bullets, it fires a small plastic bead. It is an airsoft rifle and is not a firearmas defined in section 26 of the Amendment of Firearms Act as it has a muzzle enegry less than one Joule. As such, a firearms licence is not required.

I have enclosed the relevant section of the Amendant of Firearms Act 2006. I have also enclosed techincal data for the airsoft rifle. This data specifies a mussle velocity of 275 feet per second with a 0.2 gramme bead. This equates to a muzzle energy of 0.7 Joules.

I hope this information is sufficent to assure you that the airsoft rifle is legal and does not require a firearms licence, if not I can supply further information.
    Yours sincereily
    John Brophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Ahh Jaysus. I just paid for an MP5 and a Sig 226 today.

I hope they dont start messing about like this with every airsoft shipment that comes into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's a bit unsettling.

Nice letter liamo333.

Thanks o1s1n my dad wrote it. I think they thought it was a real bolt action rifle. You proably get an aeg in easier than the g-spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

I didnt have any problems with getting my G-Spec in from Firesupport last year :/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EyesOnly wrote:
    I didnt have any problems with getting my G-Spec in from Firesupport last year :/

A year is a long time. Could be new people working in customs. I had no problem importing a bolt action last August/September myself. Hopefully it's just a once off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Ah fudge...
    HELD BY CUSTOMS	PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE	25 April 07	 
    FROM CUSTOMS	PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE	23 April 07	 
    INTO CUSTOMS	PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE	20 April 07	 
    ITEM ACCEPTED	PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE	20 April 07	 
    ARRIVED	PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS	20 April 07

oh joy! wonder whats gonna arrive in the post come monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

Gotta bolt action 3 weeks ago with no problem. It may not have been declared on the package what exactly it was and then when the customs opened the package to inspect it and seen the bolt action rifle they probably assumed it was a real rifle. If it has a metal outer barrel they'd easily assume it was real. I doubt they are real firearms experts.

Wossack wrote:
    Ah fudge...
    HELD BY CUSTOMS	PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE	25 April 07	 
    FROM CUSTOMS	PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE	23 April 07	 
    INTO CUSTOMS	PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE	20 April 07	 
    ITEM ACCEPTED	PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE	20 April 07	 
    ARRIVED	PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS	20 April 07

oh joy! wonder whats gonna arrive in the post come monday :(

You are screwed:D If you have any problems just call them and you should sort it out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Yep, letter arrived looking for '3. Forward Licence (e.g. Gun Licence, Import Licence)' and '5. Other Additional Information in English'

arrived Friday, but only found it today :(

guess Ill write up something similiar to what you got there liamo, if thats alright?

Just dunno if I can find concrete fps numbers for my gun (ksc usp). Any ideas anyone? :(

Wossack wrote:
    guess Ill write up something similiar to what you got there liamo, if thats alright?QUOTE]

Yeah go ahead. I'll send my letter and the Act out to them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wossack wrote:

Just dunno if I can find concrete fps numbers for my gun (ksc usp). Any ideas anyone? :(

The KSC USP is a bit under 1J, I hve seen figures from 270-290fps with .2s. Probably with 22 gas.
    But in one review I read it fires between 234-250fps with 134a using .2s

Liamo and Wossack, What supplier were you using for the AEG and the GBB?
    I am thinking of ordering a AEG and an AEP from RSOV but after seeing this am not to sure at the moment. Are they targeting a specific supplier I wonder.

The KSC USP is a bit under 1J, I hve seen figures from 270-290fps with .2s. Probably with 22 gas.
    But in one review I read it fires between 234-250fps with 134a using .2s

Ask the supplier to supply a Certificate of Conformity on headed paper. They will have tested them. EHobby have a lot of facts on all their GBB and AEG but weather or not this would be considered as factual enough or not for Irish Customs I honestly do not know.

EDIT: KSC have a website but it is Chinese(I think) but they might be able to supply info as required from the manufacturer.

I got my g-spec off ehobby.

• Advertisement

liamo333 wrote:
    I got my g-spec off ehobby.

:eek: EHobby are usualy good for geting stuff through.

Advertisement