Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

ardinn wrote: »
    A couple I cought During the week on the barrow!

pike.jpg

thing.jpg

Well done son

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Thats a beaut of a pike.
    Got back out myself this evening as the one i lost last night was bothering me! Made up for it I think with this fella, wasn't gonna get caught short without the net tonight!!
    20140902_182950_zpsdpuwu5gr.jpg

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Thats a beaut of a pike.
    Got back out myself this evening as the one i lost last night was bothering me! Made up for it I think with this fella, wasn't gonna get caught short without the net tonight!!
    20140902_182950_zpsdpuwu5gr.jpg
    Ya were caught out once ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Sea trout loch an dun...

Dingle peninsula fishing.

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Sea trout loch an dun...

Dingle peninsula fishing.

Bit of a brown trout look about that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sea trout

Myself and mini scrappy last night! Friend of mine very kindly gave me a present of a brand spanking new shimano exage spinning rod so we went out to our usual spot to test it. Great spot, I've had a pike here on plugs every night I've been out the last four times. Magic fish to catch. Love fishing for them. Apologies for the awful quality. Phone was having an electronic diarrhoea moment. Water was so clear last night and lure was only 20odd feet away from me so I actually saw the pike shot out from the weeds and attack the lure, was brilliant to see!
    20140906_183738_zpsb5675989.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭sgriffin

Nice hybrid caught sunday morning, had no weighing scales with . any idea what he might of weighed?

Hard to say when your hands are extended out to the camera

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

sgriffin wrote: »
    Nice hybrid caught sunday morning, had no weighing scales with . any idea what he might of weighed?

1.5 to 2 lb at a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

2 First ever fish for me today , the ray on a baited feather on a light spinning rod, it was some fight

And the bass on floated mackerel on same rod

I kept the bass ray went back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sea bass caught today off the Wooden Bridge, Dollymount using rag worm.

6B0A7ADB-AC45-42C8-8738-467E91B61B4F_zpselzcrxce.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭dmc17

Just caught this hungry fellow!

Conger1_zps5bff46fa.png

Conger2_zpseac192ea.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Painted ray of 76cms. Probably about 7/8 lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

bFLkanl.jpg

One of roughly 30 fish caught yesterday at Southern Fisheries, Carlow. My new favourite spot if I need to get over a few blank sessions, these fish would take a bare hook let alone any fly you throw at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Late evening pike

niallon wrote: »
    bFLkanl.jpg

these fish would take a bare hook let alone any fly you throw at them!

That doesn't say much about the angler fishing for them.

That doesn't say much about the angler fishing for them.

Ordinarily I'd agree but I've been sussing out commercial fisheries during the season this year to find somewhere to bring my grandfather. He's 86 and can only manage a few hours fishing and in that since he has to take breaks often. Somewhere like Carlow may be literal fish in a barrel but for a reason such as this (for him to at least get a fish on the end of his life once more, cause we don't live forever) and I guess kids starting out and that it does the job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Ordinarily I'd agree but I've been sussing out commercial fisheries during the season this year to find somewhere to bring my grandfather. He's 86 and can only manage a few hours fishing and in that since he has to take breaks often. Somewhere like Carlow may be literal fish in a barrel but for a reason such as this (for him to at least get a fish on the end of his life once more, cause we don't live forever) and I guess kids starting out and that it does the job

Burn!

• Advertisement

Sorry mate but you never said anything about bringing your grandad to it. Just said that it's your favourite spot now.
    That's why I made my comment like so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

that sounds beautiful.

Dropped dodder a PM to put this one to bed, don't want to derail the thread with no pics. I took no offense from the post, just wanted to clear up why I'm hitting up so many commercial fisheries in season.

Now for a pic, I've posted this in an album a while back but a poster was talking about blanking at Lough Aisling recently, it seems to be a problem the last few months, but when they're taking they're lovely fish. Caught earlier this year

GIAaSAT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Sorry mate but you never said anything about bringing your grandad to it. Just said that it's your favourite spot now.
    That's why I made my comment like so.

I only noted the post above now so I deleted the original content of this one.

The Brown looks in good nick with reasonable fins. We used to stock our river up to about ten years ago and some of the fish were awful. Hardly a fin on them.

Dropped dodder a PM to put this one to bed, don't want to derail the thread with no pics. I took no offense from the post, just wanted to clear up why I'm hitting up so many commercial fisheries in season.

Now for a pic, I've posted this in an album a while back but a poster was talking about blanking at Lough Aisling recently, it seems to be a problem the last few months, but when they're taking they're lovely fish. Caught earlier this year

GIAaSAT.jpg

Sorry mate. Didn't mean it to sound like an attack on you. I have blanked on plenty of fisheries an other days could've put a bare hook an catch them but I stopped ages ago on fisheries because it just wasn't much fun anymore. I've caught some lovely size fish on them though and yes on times when you've blanked the oul fisheries can cheer a man up.
    image_zps863299d9.jpg
    Probably last time I was in a fishery but good laugh.
    Keep up the fishing mate

Mini Scrappy strikes again! His first Perch on the canal tonight at last light, first time to strike at a bite himself with no guidance and play a fish the whole way to the net! Not bad for a 5 year old!
    DSCF2575_zpsea4401f1.jpg

Left it late but managed to get my first salmon on the fly today taken on a stoats tail size 10 single and barbless

Totally different fight to say when ya get them spinning the take was unreal a big swirl and stripped about 20 yards off reel before I set hook

Really enjoyed it and i am looking forward to next year already ,fish Returned safely

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

good man well done!
    popsy09 wrote: »
    Left it late but managed to get my first salmon on the fly today taken on a stoats tail size 10 single and barbless

Totally different fight to say when ya get them spinning the take was unreal a big swirl and stripped about 20 yards off reel before I set hook

Really enjoyed it and i am looking forward to next year already ,fish Returned safely

popsy09 wrote: »

You've done very well this season mate

• Advertisement

You've done very well this season mate

i didnt catch no where as many as i had the year before but the quality was alot better this year ,i only had a handfull of fish below 6lb with the majority being over 6-14lb my biggest

didnt get much of a grisle run but i seen plenty fish moving over the weekend with the rise in water pity it couldnt of happened a few weeks ago but what harm they might have a good spawning year now

im already counting down the days until next year lol

Advertisement