Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Caught this trout on a river, Didn't think a fish like this lurked the waters, Caught him on my on Dry, On my Sage 9' 4 weight, This was the first fish i kept and the only one, Bout 4 or 4 and a half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Caught this trout on a river, Didn't think a fish like this lurked the waters, Caught him on my on Dry, On my Sage 9' 4 weight, This was the first fish i kept and the only one, Bout 4 or 4 and a half
    trout11.jpg
    trout111.jpg
    trout1111.jpg

Images don't work. :(

• Advertisement

10342806_358372260980007_5051386837963581506_n.jpg
    1609749_358372197646680_9193385723680811656_n.jpg
    10615485_358372167646683_3741277159905401379_n.jpg
    10612707_358372137646686_1433542597547950838_n.jpg

There ya go, It's first brownie i kept this year all C&R on all fish under 4lb, The fishes tail is as big as the reel! Gave great fight

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Caught this guy last night on a size 12 elk hair caddis. Put up a serious scrap
    UByIdWg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭KAI.Fundraiser

Why can I not post pictures?

Why can I not post pictures?

You need to be an established user with something like 50 posts.

Been hunting an area in Dublin for bass the last 3 years. This year I got 2.

First was less than 1lbs and second is the photo. about 4lbs, great scrap and when back healty.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vku7bzhpvqk5n6r/IMG_20140823_bass.jpg?dl=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Andypdublin24

Lovely bass spinning or on bait...

Lovely bass spinning or on bait...

Bait, lug worm.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Today's bag on the canal, had to work very very hard for bites.
    20140828_161646_zpsjaavjjbd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

[QUOTE=jadWg.jpg[/I

Nice fish hopefully made for some nice eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Today's bag on the canal, had to work very very hard for bites.
    20140828_161646_zpsjaavjjbd.jpg

They all add up scrappy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

What are they (perch or tench I think?) and are the bigger ones edible?

a148pro wrote: »
    What are they (perch or tench I think?) and are the bigger ones edible?

They are roach and rudd

Regardless of edible or not, they are canal fish and under the bye laws you cannot keep ANY fish caught in the canal they must all be catch and release.

Anyway scrappy, a nice net of fish there. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Mod. Back to photos lads.

Edit: off topic posts deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭zombiekiller

In the post reply box click the "paper clip" beside the "smiley face". Then click the "browse" button beside "upload file from computer"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

I caught my first ever fresh water fish today but ive no idea what it was. We were having a family picnic and the stream was stuffed with them so i got the lrf rod from the boot and had a go. The smaller fish showed plenty of interest in the tail of a brown isome worm but the hook was a bit big. Eventually one of the "bigger" fish had a go and got hooked.
    Lovely looking fish tho whatever he was. I hooked another but he fell off as i lifted it out of the water. I really enjoyed it so ill be back as its only 5mins from home with a few proper streams nearer.
    So what did i catch lads? I still cant figure out how to put pics up directly

In the post reply box click the "paper clip" beside the "smiley face". Then click the "browse" button beside "upload file from computer"

Cheers. Im using the phone and when i click the paperclip it give me my folders on the phone and uploads them as a link like i have above.

.red. wrote: »
    I caught my first ever fresh water fish today but ive no idea what it was. We were having a family picnic and the stream was stuffed with them so i got the lrf rod from the boot and had a go. The smaller fish showed plenty of interest in the tail of a brown isome worm but the hook was a bit big. Eventually one of the "bigger" fish had a go and got hooked.
    Lovely looking fish tho whatever he was. I hooked another but he fell off as i lifted it out of the water. I really enjoyed it so ill be back as its only 5mins from home with a few proper streams nearer.
    So what did i catch lads? I still cant figure out how to put pics up directly

They are roach my friend

Yep roach alright! Good catch

Cheers lads. Beautifull fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I've caught pike on spoons wrote but roach???? :D

I've caught pike on spoons wrote but roach???? :D

Thats a very very big mixing spoon that i placed there to show how HUGE the fish was. Must have been 45/50cms and the one that got away was even bigger lol.

A double pb for me tonight, I've never caught a pike before and I've never caught a fish spinning before! This was the second one I caught and forgot my landing net so both had to be chinned out and the first guy was at least 2.5lb he was beautiful but as I lifted him he Spat the hook and went back in. Was devastated but kept at it at the same spot and got this wee lad a few minutes later so I'm still happy even after losing the first guy at the bank!
    Apologies for the lack of landing mat, it's not ideal and I don't like that I didn't have one either. He went straight back in after the pic and swam away strong. 20140901_190319_zpsaxu38vzm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

A couple I cought During the week on the barrow!

pike.jpg

thing.jpg

Advertisement