Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Nice fish. Did you catch it on bait or lure ?

Thanks

I caught in on a clipped down pully pennel with a fairly big Mussel and rag cocktail - as far out as I could cast.

Dunno why I lamped it out I was better off close in!! Or so I was told!! But I caught it at about 150ish yrds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭con___manx1

ardinn wrote: »
    Thanks

I caught in on a clipped down pully pennel with a fairly big Mussel and rag cocktail - as far out as I could cast.

Dunno why I lamped it out I was better off close in!! Or so I was told!! But I caught it at about 150ish yrds.
    Thanks fr the info. I'm dying to get fishing now. I tried fr bass a few weeks ago with no luck. I have heard today they are being caught in my area now too.

Thanks fr the info. I'm dying to get fishing now. I tried fr bass a few weeks ago with no luck. I have heard today they are being caught in my area now too.

Where are you? It was my first and the are the best fight I have had out of a fish - apart from double pike - but nearly the same, difference here is the bass was'nt 3lbs - I am gagging to get out after a decent bass - i'd say the fight is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Where are you? It was my first and the are the best fight I have had out of a fish - apart from double pike - but nearly the same, difference here is the bass was'nt 3lbs - I am gagging to get out after a decent bass - i'd say the fight is unreal!

In near the wex/ Wicklow border. I won't b able t go till Wednesday cause of feckin work. Did u try lures at all ? I have frozen crab and sandeel in d freezer and goona get rag Wednesday. I'll let u no how I get on. Weather is supposed t be deceant

In near the wex/ Wicklow border. I won't b able t go till Wednesday cause of feckin work. Did u try lures at all ? I have frozen crab and sandeel in d freezer and goona get rag Wednesday. I'll let u no how I get on. Weather is supposed t be deceant

Not too far from there - gimme a pm if you wanna meet up.

No havent tried lures yet!

• Advertisement

Some Lovely Slaney Trout caught yesterday and today

10730767_10153072367728409_6184621837200877339_n.jpg

11246852_10153072367618409_4500922976120407607_n.jpg

11351276_10153072367893409_2860314096930279135_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Hj7udYK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

Was course fishing during the week and caught a nice little surprise while doing a bit on light spinning :) was great

Seller159 wrote: »
    Was course fishing during the week and caught a nice little surprise while doing a bit on light spinning :) was great

Nice Jack.

Question; Why was it a surprise?

Nice Jack.

Question; Why was it a surprise?

Thanks :) and because I wasn't expecting it on such a small spinner I was thinking Id get a perch so was nice surprise lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Seller159 wrote: »
    Thanks :) and because I wasn't expecting it on such a small spinner I was thinking Id get a perch so was nice surprise lol

Whenever targeting Perch throw a trace on, because a pike is a real possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Whenever targeting Perch throw a trace on, because a pike is a real possibility.
    +1
    As a youngster (12 yo) I was fishing with my two older brothers. I was spinning with a woblex with my first proper rod and reel that I bought out of my Confirmation money :)
    I caught a small perch and as I was bringing it to the shore in the shallows, a good sized Jack came out of nowhere snatched it, broke the line and took all with him. From that day on I always use a trace.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Had a similar problem myself last weekend. Was staying at a lake for the weekend with use of their boat, went out not knowing what I'd be targeting. Got some bites off a few smallish flathead (around 10"). Then a felt a heavy pull on the line, took it in and seen a much bigger flatty below the surface, but had no net. as soon as his head broke the water he jerked about and sawed through the line.
    Was annoyed as I picked up a pack of pre rigged wire trace in the shop when buying bait but I put them back.

Mellor wrote: »
    Had a similar problem myself last weekend. Was staying at a lake for the weekend with use of their boat, went out not knowing what I'd be targeting. Got some bites off a few smallish flathead (around 10"). Then a felt a heavy pull on the line, took it in and seen a much bigger flatty below the surface, but had no net. as soon as his head broke the water he jerked about and sawed through the line.
    Was annoyed as I picked up a pack of pre rigged wire trace in the shop when buying bait but I put them back.

I was about to ask where the heck you were catching flatheads and then I noticed your location. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I was about to ask where the heck you were catching flatheads and then I noticed your location. ;)

Yeah common enough for me. They put up a good fight and get pretty big. Min legal size to keep is 36cm (14") and 45cm (18") is the norm.
    And they get much bigger

Will do next time was just thinking that after the catch becasue i didn't have one on atall so was lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

5lb 4 onz female with a full belly

Great catch. 6lb is specimen weight.

Great catch. 6lb is specimen weight.

Ya delighted, 14 years trying. New p.b. Had 7 tench one 6 and four 5's. Not a bad morning. I've had two 5 14 and one 5 15 in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Used to fish for tench loads of times years ago. You just sparked an old interest

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Used to fish for tench loads of times years ago. You just sparked an old interest

Good, dust off them rods, no better better sport than a bit of tench fishing.

Took down pic of 6lb tench Il have to edit it you can see way 2 much lake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Good to see em about.
    Canal or fishery? Don't need to know locations mate. Just wondering.

Good to see em about.
    Canal or fishery? Don't need to know locations mate. Just wondering.

Wild tench in a lake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Wild tench in a lake

That's good fishing mate. Good to hear there's healthy populations on wild lads about

That's good fishing mate. Good to hear there's healthy populations on wild lads about

Not one single mark on any of the fish they couldn't of been healthier. Big males as well over 5lb

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭db97

Nice jack 6lb great scrap with the light spinning rod

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

One from yesterday evening on the Boyne

5CE6994D10774E7883781989B74A00E2-0000320339-0003768523-00612L-559442BC2CD946F0A3F93A212A9BB3FE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hubby caught this seven pounder rainbow trout in a lake yesterday, had it this evening, 'twas delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

One from yesterday evening on the Boyne

5CE6994D10774E7883781989B74A00E2-0000320339-0003768523-00612L-559442BC2CD946F0A3F93A212A9BB3FE.jpg

Great photo.

Advertisement