Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Fair play lad, doing well my first this year was few onces maybe, second was 2.4lbs chuffed with that i was, were you spinning for it? :)
    ya spinning both times.But I think they were just taking it on reaction because i landed right on top of them.The water was very murky but there was fish everywhere.Both were caught in my first ten casts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Great thread.
    Chuileog wrote: »
    West Clare brownie
    DSC02390.jpg

Nice fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

friend of mine caught this 18 pound pike in a pond today,nice size pike.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Never seen this before, got a nice spotted Ray on the shore hooked and another spotted Ray came in along with it biting onto its wing. Were they breeding or what anyone know? Took pics and returned both safely to carry on what they were at lol..

5735369252_0fc1e346fb.jpg

5734824369_5ccd002232.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

Roach-1.jpg

Got this lovely lad and a couple other roach like him in the evening a couple of days ago. This is the biggest, just under a pound. First time proper fishing in years so delighted!
    I think it's a pure roach. Anyone see any hybrid in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

i wouldve thought it was a bream or hybrid??? not a coarse fisherman, but the roach should have orange colour fins and tail?? and more silver in colour??... nice fish anyway

Thanks, I don't think there's bream in it, looking at the mouth now there might be some rudd in it but whatever it is I'm happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 richiculous

Jacksquat wrote: »
    Roach-1.jpg

Got this lovely lad and a couple other roach like him in the evening a couple of days ago. This is the biggest, just under a pound. First time proper fishing in years so delighted!
    I think it's a pure roach. Anyone see any hybrid in it?

To me, it's a roach/bream hybrid! Certainly not a pure roach, whatever it is. Nice catch.:)

http://www.fishinginireland.info/coarse/hybrid.htm

The first fish here is your fish.

To me, it's a roach/bream hybrid! Certainly not a pure roach, whatever it is. Nice catch.:)

The first fish here is your fish.

You are probably right, there must be some bream in it. A full roach of that size would be too good to be true for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Just back after a few hours on the Boyne near Longwood. This was the last thing I expected to be catching today, my first ever on a fly!!!! Took an Alexandra. I thought I was into a great trout, got one hell of a shock when I felt the head thunking. I'm chuffed. Might take up piking full time, really enjoyed the fight. I know he's not huge but it was a great scrap on a fly rod.

ixdwrn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

here,s a little jackpike from my few hours on the barrow friday.
    IMG_0130.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Got this wee fella this morning on the Boyne

nxko7s.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Fly fishing for pike is great :D, u get a right battle with em on the fly rod.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

This morning at 7,9 lbs,caught on a 20 grm salar spinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

mp22 wrote: »
    This morning at 7,9 lbs,caught on a 20 grm salar spinner.
    fresh as a daisy, well done.

was it from the blackwater?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

[QUOTE=shblob;

was it from the blackwater?[/QUOTE]

No much further south and west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

damagegt wrote: »
    My first ever bass after days of seeing them and not catching a thing.I cought this stunning 6 lber

And you brought it home... wasn't it closed season?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

steve06 wrote: »
    And you brought it home... wasn't it closed season?

Bass closed season is 15th May to the 15th June. damagegt's pics are dated 10th and 12th of May. So looks to me like it wasn't closed season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ah ok

• Advertisement

steve06 wrote: »
    Ah ok
    I see you edited you post,Wheres the "WELL DONE :rolleyes: " ? Maybe you should read the posts before you start making accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭muckyprawn

First time looking at this thread...what a bitch fest! Can moderators not ensure that it's just pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

muckyprawn wrote: »
    First time looking at this thread...what a bitch fest! Can moderators not ensure that it's just pictures?

Agree 100%, photos only and no bitching would make great.

Caught 4 at 6 o clock this morning.Lost the first when iI was landing it.I kept 2 but I dropped one to my sister before geting home.They were all pretty much the same size 2 1/2 - 3 pound.The same spot as my others back in May.
    DSCN1682.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

well done, you're doing something right :)

The bigger ones a great fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

utf-8BSU1BRzAyODcuanBn-1-1.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyODQuanBn-1.jpg

10lb salmon caught on a 20gram black & silver salar spinner

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

utf-8BUGhvdG9fMDA4OC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyODMuanBn-1.jpg

Anyone any idea what made the scar on the second one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭muckyprawn

TimMac wrote: »
    utf-8BUGhvdG9fMDA4OC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyODMuanBn-1.jpg

Anyone any idea what made the scar on the second one?
    More than likely a cormorant...their beaks are like knives!!!
    I have seen injured fish with identical marks

Advertisement