Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TootsMcToot

Hi all..

Getting married in Carlow in 2012, can anyone recommend a good band with DJ.. what is the going rate for bands during these recessional times? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Hi all..

Getting married in Carlow in 2012, can anyone recommend a good band with DJ.. what is the going rate for bands during these recessional times? :confused:

I got Vertigo to play at my wedding recently. One of the lads in the band did DJ after. They did a mighty job, all the guests were impressed. They cost €1,800 total for band and DJ. This was for a Saturday night. On other nights, I think they do it cheaper and I actually booked them over 18 months ago so they might be a little cheaper if you booked today, I'm not sure. I've heard other people paying well over 2 grand for band alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TootsMcToot

I got Vertigo to play at my wedding recently. One of the lads in the band did DJ after. They did a mighty job, all the guests were impressed. They cost €1,800 total for band and DJ. This was for a Saturday night. On other nights, I think they do it cheaper and I actually booked them over 18 months ago so they might be a little cheaper if you booked today, I'm not sure. I've heard other people paying well over 2 grand for band alone.

Yeah, I was beginning to think i was being stingee.. but to be paid over 2k is alot of dosh and then to find a DJ??!!!

I'll check them out, Thanks RFR

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fififofum

Hi could anybody recommend a band to play at a wedding in Meath on the date above next year. We really like the Panoramics set list (http://www.thepanoramics.com/setlist/) but they're unavailable on our date. If anyone wants to recommend themselves or a band they like feel free. Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Kaye Twins are very good, had them for our wedding the place was on the dance floor all night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Ronnielemon

Hi Fififofum, PM sent

Cheers

Ronnie

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Hi all, we have just booked our wedding band for March next year. they are called The Splitz and are from Derry. have not seen them mentioned once and wondered why haha. Cost £600 (although they have mentioned that they are normally £700 during peak months) for band and DJ afterwards. we both went to see them at another wedding on saturday there and were very good and sound like your typical wedding band. if anyone needs their number PM's are welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mitryd

HI,
    Im getting married in September, and we've scoured through loads of wedding bands! Basically we've narrowed it down to two bands, who we think will appeal to our tastes and our crowd!.. They are: The West Coast Big Band and Souldriven. If anyone has had either of these bands or seen them perform, please let me know what your recommendations are! I cant decide at all!!!

Thanks a million
    Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mitryd

Hi all,
    I'm getting married in Kinsale later this year. Our host has strongly recommended a band called Soul Driven (based in the Cork area), we've already made a provisional booking through him. Unfortunately we can't find a lot of information about them.

We've left vm and email with them and they're not coming back to us. Has anyone seen them and what are they like?

Much appreciated

Hi Just wondering if you got Soul Driven to play in the end.. If so, What were they like!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hot fuss band

hot fuss band are probably the most up to date band for a wedding, sometimes people get the name wrong and pronounce it hot fuzz!!
    Hot fuss play in all the major venues around the country, add the group hot fuss band on facebook or email mark-or@hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Ok, i have a few choices for bands in the munster region.
    There are a few bands that are available so im looking on feedback. ive read through some posts on these bands but the more feedback the better.
    so please, any feedback on these bands would be great
    • The Incredibles
    • Bog the Donkey / Miss Jones
    • Final Touch
    • The Vendettas
    • Kieran Kramer and Band
    • Idol Bones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

LowOdour wrote: »
    Ok, i have a few choices for bands in the munster region.
    There are a few bands that are available so im looking on feedback. ive read through some posts on these bands but the more feedback the better.
    so please, any feedback on these bands would be great
    • The Incredibles
    • Bog the Donkey / Miss Jones
    • Final Touch
    • The Vendettas
    • Kieran Kramer and Band
    • Idol Bones

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 really reilly

fififofum wrote: »
    Hi could anybody recommend a band to play at a wedding in Meath on the date above next year. We really like the Panoramics set list (http://www.thepanoramics.com/setlist/) but they're unavailable on our date. If anyone wants to recommend themselves or a band they like feel free. Thanks in advance :)
    try a band men in black absolutely fantastic there based in enfield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

We were on the look out for a wedding band and came across The Conquerors. I had a quick look here and was kinda surprised not to see them among the suggestions put forward to others. Is there a reason no one suggested them? Anyone have any good (or bad) reports?

Thanks in advance.

We went to see them recently as part of our wedding band search. They were very, very good. Our feet were tapping from the first song! They had a proper set-up too. Dance floor was never empty!

Any feedback from Board members?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 snowflakebride

Hi Everyone

Just spent all morning reading the threads (have got no work done), and now i'm a little more panicked than I have been all along :D

We are booked to get mariied on New Years Eve 2011/2012 in Cork and we are looking for a band preferably with both Male and Female vocals that play music for the whole crowd-basically keep the dancefloor hopping all night - and at a good price too !

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?? Please let me know ....

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 gomaith2010

There are bargains out there if couples look!

http://www.pureblarney.com/Service-Music.html
    These guys do package deals.

http://www.showcasecork.com/functionbands.htm
    An agency who provide numerous bands and packages

http://www.blacktye.net/
    5 piece band providing free church music in a package

Im sure there are others out there. u should all look and haggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 snowflakebride

Thanks also Go Maith - I have been dealing with Showcase Cork and I have to say Paul is fantastic constantly providing info and updates, unlike Occasions who quoted me astronomical prices yesterday - Its not Westlife I want !!!!

Now I need to tackle church music - Which is particularly special to me as I love picking all the different pieces !!

Thanks for your info....

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭forestman

We had a band called Oceans 8 play at our wedding. They are a Cork based band. They also trade as Oceans 5 and Oceans 6 depending on the number of people in the band. The extra number consist of an extended brass section which does make a huge difference. I have to say they were absolutly brilliant on the night, cant praise them enough. we had seen them play at a couple of different venues in both Cork city and Clonakilty and they really get the crowd going. Conor the leadsinger gets out among the crowd and encourages people up onto the dance floor....a lovely touch. They do a great range of music and are top notch. Check them out, you wont be dissapointed. We booked them through Occasions in cork.

www.occasions.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 slennon

Has anyone seen or heard Dublin based wedding band Smack the Monkey. I heard their great but I just want to get some other opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The Big Kahuna

Hi Everyone

Just spent all morning reading the threads (have got no work done), and now i'm a little more panicked than I have been all along :D

We are booked to get mariied on New Years Eve 2011/2012 in Cork and we are looking for a band preferably with both Male and Female vocals that play music for the whole crowd-basically keep the dancefloor hopping all night - and at a good price too !

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?? Please let me know ....

:P
    Hi Snowflake Bride,
    Check out www.bigkahunapartyband.com
    theres a full set list, demo's & Testimonials available

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Edinburger

I'm originally from Edinburgh (obviously!) and we were married in Cork last year.

I wanted to get a band from my hometown so we shipped over Blue Express

www.blueexpress.co.uk

They were absolutely fantastic and really got into the spirit of things.

The only thing was they had to be paid in Sterling.

It was £860 plus their travel and accommodation.

If you are looking for a seriously good wedding band who also do ceilidh then look them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mamac

We are getting married in Sept 2011 in Westport, Co. Mayo (we are Dubs). We are having a small wedding of approx. 60ish people.

Can anyone recommend a small band (not the usual 'wedding band' type of thing, I hate even the thoughts of the aul reliable songs being done!

I'm not fussy, I swear!

Cost is a big factor (as is for most, I'm sure).

Any suggestions and an idea of cost too please.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nscooby

OK here i go this really is a long shot but im getting married this time next year and i am trying to arrange to have my girlfriends favourite band of all time play even if its for an hr even to play 2 songs would do.. If anybody can help i would be forever greatfull

OH yeah nearly forgot the bands name ..........

THE FRAMES !!!!

pls pls pls if anybody out there can help me out id do anthing to have them there for here as i love her to bits and it would really make it a really special day for her....anyway thanks for reading this post and hopefully sum1 out there can help I HOPE :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

mamac wrote: »
    We are getting married in Sept 2011 in Westport, Co. Mayo (we are Dubs). We are having a small wedding of approx. 60ish people.

Can anyone recommend a small band (not the usual 'wedding band' type of thing, I hate even the thoughts of the aul reliable songs being done!

I'm not fussy, I swear!

Cost is a big factor (as is for most, I'm sure).

Any suggestions and an idea of cost too please.

Thanks.

How about an 'original' band? I considered going down this route for a while.. they're MUCH cheaper and there are some amazing bands out there. Spend a few hours on myspace or youtube. Some of them also throw in a few covers and are much more accommodating than some of the traditional wedding bands are as it's often something they do for an extra living.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

We have booked Final Touch for our wedding next year. They are based in Limerick but I think they travel nationwide.They got great reviews online. Went to hear them and I thought they were great. They play a bit of everything to keep everyone happy. They gave me a very reasonable quote too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Kristin_87

Hi there!

My hubby to be and I are looking for a band for our wedding on Sunday July 3rd, 2011 in Kilkenny. Since we really haven't got a clue any help would be appreciated. We're looking for a good, reasonably priced band, any recommendations at all would be a great help!

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

Kristin_87 wrote: »
    Hi there!

My hubby to be and I are looking for a band for our wedding on Sunday July 3rd, 2011 in Kilkenny. Since we really haven't got a clue any help would be appreciated. We're looking for a good, reasonably priced band, any recommendations at all would be a great help!

Thanks in advance!

http://www.facebook.com/epicband

www.epicband.info

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

nscooby wrote: »
    OK here i go this really is a long shot but im getting married this time next year and i am trying to arrange to have my girlfriends favourite band of all time play even if its for an hr even to play 2 songs would do.. If anybody can help i would be forever greatfull

OH yeah nearly forgot the bands name ..........

THE FRAMES !!!!

pls pls pls if anybody out there can help me out id do anthing to have them there for here as i love her to bits and it would really make it a really special day for her....anyway thanks for reading this post and hopefully sum1 out there can help I HOPE :confused:

why not try get in contact with Glen Hansard. He may be prepared to play a song or two earlier in the day for you on his own. Better chance of that than the whole band and sure isn't he always busking around town anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

sweetie wrote: »
    why not try get in contact with Glen Hansard. He may be prepared to play a song or two earlier in the day for you on his own. Better chance of that than the whole band and sure isn't he always busking around town anyways!

Agreed with this. Hansard could be anywhere a year from now from
    acting to gigging anywhere in the world. For you to book him for a date that far ahead from now you'd have to get him to commit now.
    Up to him whether he'd charge for it. Get in contact via website/fan pages etc or try and find out where he'll be and approach him directly and plead your case. Be nice and nice things sometimes happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 roetek

Looking for a reasonable priced band + DJ for a wedding on 27th August 2011 in Trim. Just looking for the usual wedding sort of stuff to be played.
    Could any available bands pm prices please.

Advertisement