Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

http://www.blacktye.net/

Looks very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ConnectDJs

Hello!

Just looking to find out a bit of info. My aunt is getting married next summer, and is having a DJ for the reception. She does not want a band. Instead she wants a singer in the church. We have one in mind and have been quoted 500 euro, I am wondering if anyone knows the average price for something like this?

Hi There - Prices for a DJ service vary. Some charge up to €6/700 for a full night service. Others charge as little as €400/€450.

It depends on a number of things. Time is an obvious one, an after band service for 3 hours is going to be a good bit cheaper than a 5/6 hour service. Location is also a factor. If you book a DJ who has to travel 1/2 hours to the venue and back they will probably add something to the price.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Hi all,looking for a good wedding band to play at wedding in Middleton Co.cork
    next june.....any one i seem to ring are all booked up or just too expensive :mad:..any ideas ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Hi all,looking for a good wedding band to play at wedding in Middleton Co.cork
    next june.....any one i seem to ring are all booked up or just too expensive :mad:..any ideas ??

Hi, when enquiring for a band you must specify the exact date, bands can only appear in one place a night so need the date to check if they're free. It is latish for most of the big bands but don't fret you will get someone.
    Also if you're going to use the term" too expensive " can you put that in context of what you think is too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

hi all,the wedding is on the 01/07/11..most of the bands ive rang range between 2,100 upto 2,750...is this the going rate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 brian555

Hi does anyone know of any good bands around galway area? aug 2012 is our date...
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigdaddy2010

I'm getting married next year in June in cavan. I searched for bands for ages and to be honest there is some rubbish out there playing the same old stuff. We ended up getting a Jazz band from kilkenny for under 2k. They are excellent, very negotiable and just newly formed. I thought it was very gud value considering the distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 soon2Bmrs

I went to see a great band last night in the East End Hotel in Portarlington. They are called Epic. Only thing is, I loved them but my fiancé would likes band with a variety of instruments. Keyboard, guitars and drums etc. Can anyone recommend a band under 2k in the Kildare area?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

soon2Bmrs wrote: »
    I went to see a great band last night in the East End Hotel in Portarlington. They are called Epic. Only thing is, I loved them but my fiancé would likes band with a variety of instruments. Keyboard, guitars and drums etc. Can anyone recommend a band under 2k in the Kildare area?

Hi there,
    I am getting married in July 2011 and have booked a band called Zoot Allures. We were quoted 1500 or 1650(inc DJ Service) I think they are based in Wexford but are playing in Dublin for us so I presume they would go to kildare.
    We saw them playing in our local pub and were very impressed, saw thenm very briefly at a wedding and also spoke to some one who had them at his own wedding and he had nothing but fantastic reports about them.

Em, imo you are grasping on to straws here clint
    Not grasping anything mate, they Didn't do anything to me. I've cancelled a wedding to be at my brothers wedding and cos I was there I played at it. It happens. ( I got someone else for the couple to cover me so it worked out).
    I also have friends who've invited me to weddings hoping I would offer to play and I have but it wasn't a case where I cancelled. Happens all bands and djs.
    So If they were going to be at the wedding anyway then why not play? It could be that that was the situation. Only the band can say how "close" a friend either of the couple are to make them cancel another wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lootenant Aldo Raine

Was at a wedding recently, Lightning Strikes were the band - started over an hour late which meant there was a huge gap between the meal and the dancing . Would not recommend them.

Was at a wedding recently, Lightning Strikes were the band - started over an hour late which meant there was a huge gap between the meal and the dancing . Would not recommend them.
    They're a decent band who know their business. Did the hotel have the top table cleared for the band? A live band with 4-6 members can take 40-50 minutes to get set up. If speeches are delayed and table clearing is delayed this can seem longer. Ive turned up at a wedding at 8 and not started til 11:30 cos things ran late. Extreme, but it does happen.

If tables were cleared and the band were just late that's a different story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

22 years as a DJ Ive seen some really great bands and Ive seen some really sh1t bands as well. Not going to name the bad ones, because everyone can have a bad gig or a bad crowd and the night runs late and the band gets the blame for starting late.

The most expensive are not always the best, however some of the guys I like to recommend are:

Goodfellas
    Spring Break
    The Shakes
    The Kaye Twins
    The Beat Club

Finally, any decent band that I have seen is around the 2k mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ConnectDJs

Don't know if it has been mentioned before but the Classic Beatles are an excellent band. I have DJed after them at weddings and they are a class act. They play a few Stones tunes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stingray75

The Mojito's...

Full details thru this thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056059114

• Registered Users Posts: 24 millennium band

hi just senting you a message in regards to your post, i have a 3-4 piece band from cork called millennium, we travel the country doing weddings a recession busting prices, the price for the band plus the dj is 1,400 allin i,d recommend the band/dj together as theres no break between regardless if you book us our not :), heres an idea of what we do just an amatuer clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gl_kqc9QWM

regards mark

millenniumtheband

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

i,d recommend the band/dj together as theres no break between regardless if you book us our not :)

any decent dj worth their salt will arrive in time to setup and be ready to go the minute the band are finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

sweetie wrote: »
    any decent dj worth their salt will arrive in time to setup and be ready to go the minute the band are finished.

Totally agree Sweetie,

All Professional Wedding DJ's I know set up either at the same time as the band or during the band's break ready to start as soon as they finish with no break in between.

Best Regards
    Jason
    www.galwaydj.com

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallystar

Hi, planning on having a civil ceremony in Cork Dec 2011, any idea how much it would cost for a string quartet to play for approx 1 hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Hi all,

Getting married 17th March 2011-it's a Thursday so looking for a band at a reduced midweek rate. It's in Portumna, Galway.

Feel free to pm me with quotes and links to websites.Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Like above, if any bands want to PM me a price for a Monday wedding (22nd August 2011) in Cavan. Thanks.
    So many bands advertising but so few advertising prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BIGDOGG

Anyone know of any good wedding bands?

the price they charge?
    hi there

i play with "the mojitos" we are showcasing our wares in buskers on fleet street in templebar (beside the hard rock cafe) on bank holiday sunda 24th of october @ 9pm. come on down and check us out. i can price it for you on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Getting married 17th March 2011-it's a Thursday so looking for a band at a reduced midweek rate. It's in Portumna, Galway.

Feel free to pm me with quotes and links to websites.Thanks!

Reduced midweek rate????? ON PADDYS DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????:eek:

We've just booked our band this morning for 1200. Shop around people... if you don't like the price keep going! We've found a good one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

hi guys we getting worried now about our band as anyone we have asked has not heard of them....they have a website and facebook account but stil not overly convinced. they are called the black knights..went to a showcase in enfield and they were good..hopefully someone has heard them at a wedding pls..

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

We've just booked our band this morning for 1200. Shop around people... if you don't like the price keep going! We've found a good one too!

Just cos it's Paddy's Day doesn't mean its not a midweek wedding. Am getting quotes for bands at midweek prices,all are offering a reduced rate!
    Even our venue is giving a midweek deal for the day.

If you don't expect it, you don't get it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Just cos it's Paddy's Day doesn't mean its not a midweek wedding. Am getting quotes for bands at midweek prices,all are offering a reduced rate!
    Even our venue is giving a midweek deal for the day.

If you don't expect it, you don't get it :)

True :D good luck. I considered getting married on Paddys day but then decided I want to have both of them :D

If price is the only factor you'll get bands for a couple of hundred if you keep looking. Th going rate for bands and djs have been posted many times. If you think a band or Dj are dear compared to any other , go and view them and judge for youself if the extra is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

We were going to book The Best Men, but they don't have our date. My fiancée really wants a classy band that can do some jazz\swing at the pre-reception drinks. Any suggestions - it'll be in Kildare late next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

Hi,

Hotel booked for 5th August 2011 now just need a kick-ass band for the afters..

Don't like 2-3 man bands - Would like full live band sound with modernm tunes a must along with the usual classic floorfillers.

Any one recommend a band for the wedding and its right on the border of LImerick/Clare and North Tipp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

aodh_rua wrote: »
    We were going to book The Best Men, but they don't have our date. My fiancée really wants a classy band that can do some jazz\swing at the pre-reception drinks. Any suggestions - it'll be in Kildare late next year.

sounds like you need to look at www.beatclub.ie
    they do both of your criteria

Advertisement