Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

If price is the only factor you'll get bands for a couple of hundred if you keep looking. Th going rate for bands and djs have been posted many times. If you think a band or Dj are dear compared to any other , go and view them and judge for youself if the extra is worth it.

Price certainly was not the only factor for us, it wasn't even the main one... I find the band to be one of the more important parts of the day. We were quoted 500 by a couple of bands but decided it would be worth the extra for a top band... and we got them for 1200 having initially quoted us 1800. One factor was that they were local and wouldn't have to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

j timber wrote: »
    hi guys we getting worried now about our band as anyone we have asked has not heard of them....they have a website and facebook account but stil not overly convinced. they are called the black knights..went to a showcase in enfield and they were good..hopefully someone has heard them at a wedding pls..

I've played after them loads of times and had them play at my sisters wedding and they are excellent. You won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

Murphman, have a look at memphis. There's 5 of them and they play in limerick alot so you should have no problem hearing them. The website is http://www.memphis.ie Hope that helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jacksyhoulahan

Hi
    Getting married on 27th May 2011 in cork. Looking to get a good rock band for wedding with up to date music. Price is obviously important as well.
    Anyone any suggestions, they would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

[SNIP]

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

puremule, per the thread title, each band is only allowed to post once on this thread. Users posting their band details more than once may be considered to be advertising and could find themselves banned from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

Toots* wrote: »
    puremule, per the thread title, each band is only allowed to post once on this thread. Users posting their band details more than once may be considered to be advertising and could find themselves banned from the forum.

Jeez! My bad:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Shinbreaker

My sister is getting married in Tullamore next Aug so any recommendations for bands appreciated.
    At the moment she is thinking about

Vegas Nights (we have heard good things)

Eden (Also heard good things but not sure they are available)

After dark (I had them at my own wedding 6 years ago and they were great, but I read a negative comment about them in this post, it wasn't really backed up but still it's making me question them).

So if people know about the above bands or have other recommendations that would be great. I think the band is really important. Our family are just mad into dancing and we'll be on the floor all night anyway but still would like a good band that play a little bit of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GeeNorm

Hey guys - I was on earlier in the year looking for a band and we ended up booking the Panoramics.

The Wedding was last Saturday in Dublin and they were unbelievable. Everything was super positive and nice and then at about 9 O'Clock it just turned insane. Not one person was sitting down. I think the band were due to finish at 11.30 but from my hazy recollections they were still banging out tunes at 1.30!

Class act- highly recommended by Will and Emma.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 musicman100

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Raco316

hi if your looking for a good band to play i recommend gorilla radio without a doubt the best cover band in ireland!!they play the biggest range of songs from stevie wonder to lady ga ga to marvin gaye to the script.you wont regret checking them out! www.facebook.com/gorillaradiolive
    check them out.there gig listings are there on the site if you want to check them out up front.you wont be let down i promise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Looking for a good 80's band for wedding September 2011.. Any ideas? Am going to check out Springbreak but have a feeling they may be out of budget :p

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lizabbey7

WOW is all I can say, this band played out wedding 23rd Oct 2010 and they were outstanding, the dance floor was full all night, they played late and throughout the night they were taking photos of everyone up dancing for us. They are very reasonably priced as this was the best band we had gone to see. I have to say they were the only band that sounded live as they do on their website, they were brilliant:p;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 quazzy1

I play in a Galway band called Amazing Apples. We're a 5 piece band, but we also have a few traditional instruments (fiddle, mandolin, bazouki etc) so we mix the usual modern and classic rock/pop tunes with a bit of an Irish/country sound. To stand out from your typical wedding band, we like to give most of our tunes our own individual twist, although we still do alot of straight forward covers, as well as traditional tunes and waltzes.

We usually gig around Galway and Mayo, but will travel pretty much anywhere. We can also provide our own DJ service, and we're quite reasonably priced!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1JCy4RYCOs

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Hey guys,
    Getting married in Kilkenny in September next year. If any one knows (or if bands want to PM me) any great bands in the area we could check out?

Any bands feel free to contact me with quotes.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ronnielemon

Hey guys,
    Getting married in Kilkenny in September next year. If any one knows (or if bands want to PM me) any great bands in the area we could check out?

Any bands feel free to contact me with quotes.

Cheers :)

Hi Vinny,

What date are you guys getting married? Also where will the big day be happening?

Many thanks

Ronnie

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Hi Ronnie.
    Sept 24th, reception in Newpark Hotel.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just a reminder to all, each band is permitted to post their details ONCE ONLY in this thread. Users who repeatedly post their details run the risk of being banned from the forum, or possibly from the site itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 murphy2

Hey Everyone
    We've looked into the paddies and the panoramics for our wedding and just wondering would anybody recommend them? The deputies around the kildare area were also mentioned to us but cant seem to get any information on them? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

murphy2 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone
    We've looked into the paddies and the panoramics for our wedding and just wondering would anybody recommend them? The deputies around the kildare area were also mentioned to us but cant seem to get any information on them? Any ideas?

The panoramics played at my wedding and they were absolutely brilliant. The dancefloor was packed for the night. They played a good mix and we had people ranging in age from 18 to 80 who all thought they were great. Can't recommend them highly enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 murphy2

BC wrote: »
    The panoramics played at my wedding and they were absolutely brilliant. The dancefloor was packed for the night. They played a good mix and we had people ranging in age from 18 to 80 who all thought they were great. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Thanks for that BC! We seen they're doing a gig in killashee so we're going to have a look at them then! Looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lord Jules

Hey everybody, I am getting married on the 21st August in Cabra Castle Kingscourt. Looking for a band in the Cavan / Meath area. Any suggestions and prices would be much appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Hi there,

Our wedding is planned for 15 Dec 2012(in Tralee, Co.Kerry), just wondering if anyone could recommend a really good band for the wedding , have checked out some and they're not impressing me much. I would like a band that will play a bit of everything - If I were to ask a band from say Kildare/Dublin to play does anyone have any idea what extra travel costs they would charge??!
    Or should I stick to a local-ish band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Easycash10

lizabbey7 wrote: »
    WOW is all I can say, this band played out wedding 23rd Oct 2010 and they were outstanding, the dance floor was full all night, they played late and throughout the night they were taking photos of everyone up dancing for us. They are very reasonably priced as this was the best band we had gone to see. I have to say they were the only band that sounded live as they do on their website, they were brilliant:p;):)
    Hi Liz,
    It's Laura here from The Big Kahuna,
    Thanks a million for your kind words. It was our pleasure you are a lovley couple to work with and we wish you the very best of luck in your future together.

Thanks,
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paula D

Unfortunately, bands do get very highly paid for the pleasure of playing at your weddings...
    However there is a lot more pressure on the band to have things as tight as possible to avoid anything going wrong, after all, one bad review ruins the band in both the wedding scene and the music scene..
    And some of the lists we ve been handed by the bride and groom of their favourite songs that we have to learn from scratch, means much of our work is done prior to the actual Big day.

We ve reduced ourselves from a four piece band to a two piece, simply to make ourselves more affordable to couples who are struggling enough to pay for everything else on their big day.
    If you re on a budget, want a lively male/female duo with disco to follow,and no gap between both, plus a free dvd slideshow of all your embarrassing "baby to now" photos, all for 1000€.

What can I say ... you ll love us

HITCHED

Tom - 0876466710
    Paula- 0863065239

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Hello,

I would just like to post my details as a church performer, primarily in the Munster region, but willing to travel. I am a professional singer and I have been singing at weddings for about 12 years. I am classically trained with lots of performance experience. If you would like further details feel free to contact me directly by PM or via my website (linked below).

Regards.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

This thread is now subject to the new minimum post count rule:
    From now on if you want to post a recommendation, criticism or review of a wedding related business, you must have either a MINIMUM of 20 posts, or be a member of Boards.ie for OVER 2 months.

If you're not sure whether or not something you would like to post would be against the rules, just send a PM to either Iguana or Toots* and we'll let you know whether or not you can post it.

Boards is a community forum, so it is only members of that community who can post their "one post per band." This is because those posters will be participating on the boards in other, genuine ways and are not just using the forum as free advertisement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Coliemac

I just wanted to drop a post to warn couples getting married and whom are organising bands and djs for their wedding. The first question you should be asking any band or dj is do they have Public liability Insurance and if they can provide proof of this. The reason being is, that you as the couple are the event organisers so therefore any injuries or accidents sustained to any of your guests involving any band member or Dj can end up with you being held liable. This will only be the case if the band or the dj doesn't hold Public Liability. If they tell you they are covered by the venue's insurance, they are highly mistaken as a venues insurance only covers employees and they are not employees. Just wanted to let all couples know this as it's not highly pointed out by any wedding websites and it's leaving you as a couple with a huge potential for disaster as we all know how messy weddings can get with a few chardonay's being had. I hope this is of help to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Leppy1

Hey guys,
    I am getting married March 2012 and have been looking around at bands but they are abit pricey! I thought we were in a recession? Prices have lowered with everything else, hotel, cars, etc. except bands have increased their prices!:( I am looking for a band that will play in galway, a male vocalist, will play one or two traditional wedding songs at the begining but then more rock and roll music, e.g Pearl Jam, U2, Depech mode, The Beatles etc. Majority of guests at our wedding will be from 25 to 35! Any suggestions? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 godanicus

Studio 5 are a band from carlow area that have been playing weddings for over 15 years now, new set and line-up will cater for anyone from ac/dc to chuck berry, and will supply dj and possible wedding music for a fraction of the cost of other bands. Professional musicians for a professional job, and we have dropped our price too!!!!!
    Contact Jennifer on 059 9100295
    mob : 085 7581897
    infostudio5live@gmail.com

Rock on ;)

P.M Me for more info. We will look after your every needs.

Advertisement