Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Poker Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Nuts102 wrote:
    How are the teams picked is it by the captain just choosing or does the captain run qualifiers to give eveyone a fair chance to qualify.

Each captain is responsible for the awarding places on each team.
    Captains are asked to take the following into consideration.

1) Players results to date
    2) Position in the Irish Poker League
    3) Ability to get on with other team members
    4) Players eagerness/desire to represent his/her own county.

In some cases captains have asked pokerevents to contribute in picking teams.
    In other cases captains have ran a league with top players awarded a position. I think this is a good idea but only if the league is run over a long period of time.

This is only second year of the Irish Poker Cup and first attempt at inter county play off. The important thing is every county has a team. The best and fairest way to achieve this (in our opinion) is to appoint responsible players with good reputations in each area.
    We will certainly make the selection process more official for next year.
    Fintan Gavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Fatboydim wrote:
    Cardshark Mrs Dim is there completely on Merit. There is also a brother and sister on the team. Both there on Merit. So with the utmost politeness mind your own "expletive deleted" buisness.

I didn't mean you to take any offense. I thought it was a fair question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

I didn't mean you to take any offense. I thought it was a fair question.

Reggie - if you've played Mrs Dim in the Fitz you'd know she's good and has plenty of cashes in games in Galway and Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

BigDragon wrote:
    Reggie - if you've played Mrs Dim in the Fitz you'd know she's good and has plenty of cashes in games in Galway and Sligo.

I never questioned whether this woman was any good or not. I'm not sure I know who she is. My only question was whether it was fair for other the captain to be able to pick his wife vaguely similiar to the way several office places don't allow spouses to work in the same dept. Anyway, I'm sure she's on the team on merit so best of luck to her.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Would it be fair if a captain COULDNT pick a relative, regardless of how good they are?
    If Dave O'C was captain, would he be allowed to pick Niall? Would that be fair on Niall?

I do think the question is fair enough if a little poorly put (:)) but I dont think there is much we can do except rely on the captain's integrity and discretion.
    In this case (and with some considerable knowledge of the people in question, their skills at the game, and the state of poker in the NorthWest in general), the choice seems fair enough. Ok, well, I'm not commenting on Paul lol :p

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭The Ace Face

Any news on a Wicklow team? numbers etc

Whose the captain?

Ray

Any news on a Wicklow team? numbers etc

Whose the captain?

Ray

Roy "the boy" is captain. However it is Cian from poker.ie and Stephen picking the team, as Roys local knowledge would not be great(new in the area). There are places available. I'd advise a call to Stephen 087 2424626.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

any interest in the kilkenny team, as far as i know talking to Robin the Capt ago there is nothing set as yet..

Is there any other kk players on boards.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Hmm, my Da is a Cavan man from virgina. Who's running the Cavan team? Would be interested in playing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

What about having a London('ex pats') team like the GAA?.

• Advertisement

What about having a London('ex pats') team like the GAA?.

There is a strong possibility there will be a London and New york team.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

Fintan, check your PMs please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

The Mayo team in full.

Len Collin cpt
    John Honan
    Tony Rafter
    Kevin Murphy
    Tony Padden
    Shauna Padden
    Tony Cascarino
    Nichola Collin
    Paul "The Hangman" Roper
    Brian O'Regan [ntlbell]

Our alternate is
    Mick O'Hara [Culchie]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Im back from a trip to the far east(just been checking the elegibility of a few thais) and im glad to report that all their purported kerry ancestor links have been found grounless so kerrys team will be chosen in the next few days with the help of the silver fox,the klingon and matt lplate.we'll keep ye informed.
    Its just a pity though that yere not holding it the last week in september instead of august,that way we could have travelled back down with the footballers and one homecoming party would have done both of us! Still,im sure we can have a chat with the gaa hierarchy and parade the cup around croke park in sept before our footballers bring home sam(again).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

aidankk wrote:
    any interest in the kilkenny team, as far as i know talking to Robin the Capt ago there is nothing set as yet..

Is there any other kk players on boards.....

Hi Aidan,

There is a fair bit of interest in the Kilkenny team and the line up is strong, but its one of the last to fill up......If you're interested give me a ring on 087 2424626.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Richie Lawlor (Capt)
    Lorcan Dooley (vice captain)
    Thomas Nolan
    John Murray
    Alex Collyer
    Michael Fortune
    Ian Ronan
    Willow Connolly
    TBC
    TBC

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Anyone know who is captain of the Ros team and names involved so far? Would love to play but sisters wedding that weekend so just interested team news. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Hey John,
    Dan Sheridan is Roscommon team Captain. He plays in the galway league(Irish poker league) and is a great player. He's from Boyle. I don't know who else is on the team yet apart from myself and Dan, but there should be a few solid players to help pick me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Anyone know who is captain of the Ros team and names involved so far
    I hear Shane Curran, Frankie Dolan et al only too delighted to get a chance to wear Rossie jersey this summer. I presume no drinks ban before matches????

Cheers Carlo, yeah I know of Dan, played with him once or twice I think. V. good by all accounts. So is it gonna be dominated by the Boyle lads by the look of it. Best of luck with it anyways. C ya Sunday hopefully.

• Advertisement

BullBauld wrote:
    Anyone know who is captain of the Ros team and names involved so far? Would love to play but sisters wedding that weekend so just interested team news. Cheers

Roscommon Team

Dan Sheridan Captain
    Kevin Ganly
    Olly Coyle
    Flash
    Sligo John
    Carlo Cretaro
    Bernard Coney
    Tommy Watson
    Paul Gavin
    Thomas Finneran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

can you post the latest players on the Laois team please?

Jaysus Flash is on the team, interesting. Thomas is a v good player and a great talker!! good luck Ros.

can you post the latest players on the Laois team please?

The story so far on the Laois team is

Andy Dunne is Captain
    Brian Murphy
    Eamon O'Reilly
    Brian O'Connell
    Rob Taylor
    Paul "action" Jackson
    Joe Kiernan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Andy Dunne is Captain
    Brian Murphy
    Eamon O'Reilly
    Brian O'Connell
    Rob Taylor
    Paul "action" Jackson
    Joe Kiernan

Good to see Andy and Brian from the Fitz scalps playing.

And is that Musician, our esteemed mod, that I see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

yeah, some fitz regs, muso, "action" and me so far.
    so we need 3 more, any other boardies with any Laois links?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I stopped at a filling station in Mountrath once and bought a sandwich and a bottle of coke I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

think I may be on that team as well, just waiting on confirmation that every other poker/bridge/chess & tiddlywinks player has turned it down first :D

I'm feeling confident!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Andy Dunne is Captain
    Brian Murphy
    Eamon O'Reilly
    Brian O'Connell
    Rob Taylor
    Paul "action" Jackson
    Joe Kiernan

Cool I forgot to ring Stephen to say I was interested. Anyway I am so it's good to see I'm on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

can we have a list off the dublin team mr poker events. thank you.

Advertisement