Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Poker Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Any players with Carlow links can they PM me if they are interested in playing

Your Carlow Needs you:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Big D I think you missed my point (see above)? I'm wondering would it be possible that, before the final table has started, 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd place, could already be decided??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Scotty # wrote:
    Big D I think you missed my point (see above)? I'm wondering would it be possible that, before the final table has started, 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd place, could already be decided??

Maybe Im being stupid but if theres a running score and you know what points are availible then yes it may be possible that the top 3 can not be caught or the final table placings change the finising places.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

We have a points structure done up but we are still tweaking it. It will be published next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Fintan. Have you picked an exact date for this yet?

• Advertisement

NickyOD wrote:
    Fintan. Have you picked an exact date for this yet?

25 / 26 / 27th August City West hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Can we make a "Howth Head" team? I might have a chance of getting in then.

Great format Fintan looks interesting.

'Howth' almost ryhmes with 'Louth'. That should be enough to get you in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Was just thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to have two Dublin teams, considering the amount of people that play there? Maybe a North and South Dublin team?

Yes, this has being suggested by several people but like the Gaa championship we decided 1 team per county only. However Offaly is proving slow to fill and in the event that this County cant get a team together we will put in a second Dublin team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭horsebokks

ollyk1 wrote:
    I have strong Laois and Carlow links but I won't be paying €500+ to play in this game I'm afraid. :( I'd be interested in a sat.

Andy ?? and Brian Murphy (Fitz regulars who pay a lot of pokerevents bigger games the recent 3k citywest game Andy played and Brian played the previous one) and my brother are the only other Laois poker players I know if that helps Fintan.
    :cool: there gonna be a few satelites at THE BIG SLICK CLUB in CARLOW a little closer to the event ........www.bsptour.net will keep you posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Any players with Carlow links can they PM me if they are interested in playing

Your Carlow Needs you:D :D

I went to college in Carlow and met some very nice Carlow ladies, does that count?

May or may not have left a legacy behind me ;)

and technically speaking the Dempseys were lords of Laois & Offaly, so I guess I qualify for them too...not that I'm stretching it here or anything :D

[size=-12]Officially I deny all knowledge of aforementioned legacy, there was no legacy, what are you talking about?[/size]

Galway team announced.

Pat O Callaghan Captain

Bernard Brady

Paul Corrigan

John Cullinane

Fintan Gavin

Emlyn Long

Christy Morkam

Derek Murray

Micheal Murray

Padraig Parkinson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

At the moment we have nine players and a list for the final place which will be confirmed at the end of next week. Confirmed are:

Len Collin [Cpt]
    Tony Rafter
    Kevin Murphy
    John Honan
    Tony Cascarino
    Tony Padden
    Shauna Padden
    Nickie Collin [aka Mrs Dim]
    Paul "The Hangman" Roper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Limerick Team

Nicky O'Donnell (Capt.)
    Eoghan Lyons (Vice Capt.)
    Derek Cosgrove
    Ricky Cosgrove
    Mark Wixted
    Gordon Clancy
    Liam Corbett
    David Kingston
    Ken Cheah
    Ger Fitzgerald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

Well put Fintan on the market as a Bosman:D

carrigeen wrote:
    Well put Fintan on the market as a Bosman:D

Very funny Pat. I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet but you asked for it...

League Table for Connacht
    1 Dan Sheridan IRE 210 € 16725
    2 Ricky Cosgrove IRE 136 € 14990
    3 Christy Morkan IRE 135 € 17300
    4 Emlyn Long IRE 128 € 6295
    5 Paul Corrigan IRE 121 € 5900
    6 Fintan Gavin IRE 115 € 7250
    7 Bernard Brady IRE 107 € 9300
    8 Paul Gavin IRE 107 € 8300
    9 Pat O Callaghan IRE 104 € 14250

:D lol

Will u stop backing up my case I can do that myself half the earnings but more points oh the joys of owning the company:p

carrigeen wrote:
    :D lol

Will u stop backing up my case I can do that myself half the earnings but more points oh the joys of owning the company:p

Do you want the longlad instead of me?

I ve given that some thought and I now realise your a valued member of the team so I'll pass on the Longlad :)

p

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Len Collin [Cpt]
    Tony Rafter:eek:
    Kevin Murphy:eek:
    John Honan
    Tony Cascarino
    Tony Padden
    Shauna Padden
    Paul "The Hangman" Roper

Messrs Rafter and Murphy. Hmmm were they nominated by The Loft in Ballina by the way. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Not nominated no.... Tony is of course God's gift to poker and Kevin is a fine player when not on the Buds. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Mayo..... Ha Ha Some Laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Fatboydim wrote:
    At the moment we have nine players and a list for the final place which will be confirmed at the end of next week. Confirmed are:

Len Collin [Cpt]
    Tony Rafter
    Kevin Murphy
    John Honan
    Tony Cascarino
    Tony Padden
    Shauna Padden
    Paul "The Hangman" Roper

I mentioned TC in an earlier post taking the piss. Are you taking the piss? Seriously? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

waterford team

nicky power capt
    dave McCarthy vice
    danny guiney
    dave O callaghan
    alan O gorman
    dermot jacob
    pat storan
    warren lane
    b o keefe
    john lyon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Messrs Rafter and Murphy. Hmmm were they nominated by The Loft in Ballina by the way.

Are you talking about what i think you are?:D
    Tony is of course God's gift to poker and Kevin is a fine player when not on the Buds.
    :confused::confused::confused:

Not running any sats Len? Was expecting you to be in touch. Best of luck anyway.

Maigheo Abu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

i want to play in this :(
    Born and always lived in Dublin, parents from Laois and Kildare, and they lived in Waterford for a while, uncle from Donegal, dunno if they all count, but im available anyway !!!

I live in Kildare but my family is all from Limerick and I used to work there and have played and done well in the PE event down there so offered my services to them. Kildare capts are Liam Flood and Noel Furlong so I reckon youve no chance of making the team unless youre at least 65 and have been playing 40 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

BigDragon wrote:
    Kildare capts are Liam Flood and Noel Furlong so I reckon youve no chance of making the team unless youre at least 65 and have been playing 40 years.

I thought that was just how Kildare picked their football team didn't realise it counted for poker too!! :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fatboydim wrote:
    Paul "The Hangman" Roper
    Paul "The Sligoman" Roper you mean? Passports should need to be produced for this thing ;)

• Advertisement

ollyk1 wrote:
    I thought that was just how Kildare picked their football team didn't realise it counted for poker too!! :eek:

Football? What dat?

Advertisement