Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Poker Cup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

What boards has told me is that only 2 ppl from wicklow actually play poker :D
    If ur gonna bring GAA into it, Wicklow won the Junior All-Ireland in 1947 or there bouts. The county's still buzzing after it so we're in a good frame of mind for this . . .

Anyone know anything about the wicklow team ???

If ur gonna bring GAA into it, Wicklow won the Junior All-Ireland in 1947 or there bouts. The county's still buzzing after it so we're in a good frame of mind for this . . .

Anyone know anything about the wicklow team ???

And the answer "Yeah, it's sh1t doesnt count." :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Anyone know about the Leitrim team??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

DocO wrote:
    Shortstack, how are you picking your team from louth? from your GJP events?

If unsure about last 2 spots r so try a stt r mtt for it???

I will be running a satellite nearer the time. I will pick a few good ones who can afford the but in and then use tha sat for the rest.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Born in Belfast and would love to play for them!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

All-Ireland County Captains
    Additional names are printed where some teams have joint captains or they have definite players agreed to be offered a place

Antrim; Paul Leckey,
    Armagh; Gary Rob, Lawerence Gosney
    Carlow ; Neil (big slick) Dave Curtis
    Down: Ivan Donnaghy -
    Tyrone; Chris Faloon,
    Fermanagh; Joe Rafferty,
    Monaghan; Brendan , Scott Gray
    Leitrim; Connor Smith.
    Donegal; Patrick Mc Fadden
    Derry; Paddy Mc Closkey, Micky Mc Closkey
    Cavan; Tony Hughes,
    Sligo; Paddy OConnor, Annette
    Louth; Mike Lacey Kevin Fitzpatrick
    Longford; Pauric McKenna
    Roscommon; Dan Sheridan. Oliver Coyle
    Meath; Leslie McLean
    Westmeath; Tom Hanlon - Sylvester Geoghan-
    Mayo; Len Collins-
    Galway; Pat o Callaghan Padraig Parkinson
    Offaly; Rory Liffey
    Kildare; Liam Flood- Noel Furlong
    Dublin; Donnacha O Dea , Damo Kavanagh and Christy Smith
    Wicklow; Roy Brindley, Ciano(poker.ie)
    Wexford; Richard Lawler
    Waterford; Nicky Power Danny Guiney- Neil Kelly- Dave o Callaghan
    Kilkenny; Robin Maharaj
    Laois; Action Jaction, (looking for local knowledge here)
    Tipperary; Eoin Mullen Dennis O Mahoney Pat Lahert-
    Cork; Ken Corkery Flipper Walsh- Kevin Killeen
    Kerry; Conn OSullivan
    Limerick; Nicky ODonnell
    Clare; Keith McInerney, Neil (Hammon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Additional names are printed where some teams have joint captains or they have definite players agreed to be offered a place

Antrim; Paul Leckey,
    Tyrone; Chris Faloon,
    Fermanagh; Joe Rafferty,
    Leitrim; Connor Smith.
    Cavan; Tony Hughes,
    Longford; Pauric McKenna
    Meath; Leslie McLean
    Mayo; Len Collins-
    Offaly; Rory Liffey
    Dublin; Donnacha O Dea , Damo Kavanagh and Dave o Callaghan
    Wexford; Richard Lawler
    Waterford; Nicky Power Danny Guiney- Neil Kelly-
    Kilkenny; Robin Maharaj
    Kerry; Conn OSullivan
    Limerick; Nicky ODonnell

missing Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

NickyOD wrote:
    missing Carlow.
    CPT running a €50 rebuy +€25 reg sat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Not true! I was born in Hollywood (Wicklow :p ) and lived there till I was ten so am hereby declaring for the Garden County. Whats Roy The Boys connection with Wicklow, his new gaff out there?

And upon reflection, the Devil himself is a Brayzillian and would also qualify!

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Not true! I was born in Hollywood (Wicklow :p ) and lived there till I was ten so am hereby declaring for the Garden County. Whats Roy The Boys connection with Wicklow, his new gaff out there?

And upon reflection, the Devil himself is a Brayzillian and would also qualify!

Ah the glitz and glammer of our very own Hollywood ! Some call it the city that never sleeps. Others say its the village that never wakes up ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I have strong Laois and Carlow links but I won't be paying €500+ to play in this game I'm afraid. :( I'd be interested in a sat.

Andy ?? and Brian Murphy (Fitz regulars who pay a lot of pokerevents bigger games the recent 3k citywest game Andy played and Brian played the previous one) and my brother are the only other Laois poker players I know if that helps Fintan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Any news on Carlow Fintan.... Keep me posted

Neill k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Waterford; Nicky Power Danny Guiney- :eek: :eek: Neil Kelly-:eek: :eek:

Thanks 4 the the faces nicky ..............:) :):):):)

Nicky u could win this event with your recent success at the cpt .... I see u are 37th on the leaderboard now.... It was finishing 5th in enniscorthy that clinched a place as captain ............ lol

WELL DONE
    CAPTAIN WE SALUTE U

http://www.celticpokertour.com/players_league.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I was born in Cork, 1st five years of my life spent in Kerry (where my Dad's from), lived in Galway for a following 17 years or so, a hiatus in the States for a few years, have been in Dublin for a last few years. Me mum's from wonderful Westmeath (dere's waher in the baharoooom! = there appears to be water in the bathroom my good chap!).

But I follow Kerry in the football...can't shake it after being to the two All-Ireland's in 1984 and 1985 on my Daddy's knee to watch the mighty Kingdom demolish the durty Dubs! :) Dem were the days...

Nicky u could win this event with your recent success at the cpt .... I see u are 37th on the leaderboard now.... It was finishing 5th in enniscorthy that clinched a place as captain ............ lol

WELL DONE
    CAPTAIN WE SALUTE U

http://www.celticpokertour.com/players_league.aspx

lets get the facts right, i was forth and won a tin of biscuts

Antrim; Paul Leckey,
    Carlow ; Neil (big slick) Dave Curtis
    Tyrone; Chris Faloon,
    Fermanagh; Joe Rafferty,
    Leitrim; Connor Smith.
    Cavan; Tony Hughes,
    Longford; Pauric McKenna
    Meath; Leslie McLean _ Mike Mc Inerny
    Mayo; Len Collins-
    Offaly; Rory Liffey
    Dublin; Donnacha O Dea , Damo Kavanagh and Christy Smith
    Wexford; Richard Lawler
    Waterford; Nicky Power Danny Guiney - Dave o Callaghan
    Kilkenny; Robin Maharaj
    Kerry; Conn OSullivan
    Limerick; Nicky ODonnell

See changes above.
    I hope you are o.k with substitution Daithi

See changes above.
    I hope you are o.k with substitution Daithi

I hope so to:) :):) because I certainly am, its like getting Thierry Henry on a free transfer

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

While its not specifically stated in the rules, I presume actually being BORN in the county works too :):)
    I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for Antrim (my birth county).

On a slightly more serious note, if the players are paying the 500 notes entry can they get sponsorship? Or will we be required to wear some other site/operators logo? I'm not being awkward, I understand that there is a possibility of some over lay being ponied up by a central sponsor but 500 notes isnt chicken feed (at least not to me!).

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

That's me on the Waterford team then! Cheers Grandad!

DeVore wrote:
    While its not specifically stated in the rules, I presume actually being BORN in the county works too :):)
    I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for Antrim (my birth county).

On a slightly more serious note, if the players are paying the 500 notes entry can they get sponsorship? Or will we be required to wear some other site/operators logo? I'm not being awkward, I understand that there is a possibility of some over lay being ponied up by a central sponsor but 500 notes isnt chicken feed (at least not to me!).

DeV.

County of birth would be totally fine.

With regards individual sponsorship, all partiscipants will be provided branded shirts in their own county colours. Every player is required to wear their County colours while in the tournament, No other brands or logos will allowed.
    However branded baseballcaps will be allowed but only up to (not including) final table. Also any player interviews etc will be individual opportunity to promote their own products.

Value of buy-in is the same as last year which satisfied high stakes players and qualified players on a limited bankroll.

Ok, thanks for that Fintan. Is the final table being televised or is there a reason for no caps on it? (If you had hair like mine you'd want to know too :) )

The county colours shirts, will they be branded with any thing other then the county colours? (I need to ask because if I get sponsored I can't be wearing a Boyles sports logo or I'd need to let the sponsor know that in advance, I hope you can appreciate my situation).

DeV.

Cork; Ken Corkery Flipper Walsh- Kevin Killeen.

I'm liken this team already what ever about the team event I reckon ken is very close to hitting a big one, think your name could be on the individual trophy ken

DeVore wrote:
    Ok, thanks for that Fintan. Is the final table being televised or is there a reason for no caps on it? (If you had hair like mine you'd want to know too :) )

The county colours shirts, will they be branded with any thing other then the county colours? (I need to ask because if I get sponsored I can't be wearing a Boyles sports logo or I'd need to let the sponsor know that in advance, I hope you can appreciate my situation).

DeV.

Yes there is a high probability this will be fully televised and transmitted by the national broadcaster as well as the the satellites.
    For obvious reasons boylepoker.com have first option on this event as well as the IrishPokerAwards but they have not yet confirmed their total commitment to the idea, however whether boylepoker jump on board or not there will be a company logo as well as the County team name on the shirt. I should have full press release ready in the next 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Can we make a "Howth Head" team? I might have a chance of getting in then.

Great format Fintan looks interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Are you absolutely certain your grandmother isn't from Limerick? If not I can arrange for you to marry a Limerick woman before the deadline. Let me know.

regards

N.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

This is a great idea...just wondering though......would it be possible that the results are known before the final table starts? If one county was so far in front they couldn't be caught, likewise for second?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Scotty # wrote:
    This is a great idea...just wondering though......would it be possible that the results are known before the final table starts? If one county was so far in front they couldn't be caught, likewise for second?
    The points structure will be in such a way that it is clear right through the event which County is leading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Great format Fintan looks interesting.

i second that motion!

Advertisement