Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hazards of Belief

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This is ridiculous...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

<IQ Drop Kick>

This is ridiculous...

Some real depressing sh1t. Almost makes me want to remove my smiley from my sig just to convey how glum I feel in this post:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Thank f**k it's only 2 minutes long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Sharrow wrote: »
    Hepatitis A, a liver disease, is contracted by putting something in your mouth that has been contaminated with fecal matter from an infected person

I always suspected that transubstantiation was a load of ****, I guess now we have the evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

This is ridiculous...

Put that up on Facebook and got the following gem of a comment:

"love the way the ginger kid thinks god put him on the earth?sure doesn't he have no soul??"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jobee

No preacher ever talks about this fellow God lover, why?

http://nobeliefs.com/mementoes.htm

I am originally from England, having moved here recently. This made all the headlines in England too. I have to admit, I wasn't even remotely surprised to hear this had been happening, for me its pretty common knowledge that lots of priests have been doing this for many yrs and will continue to do it for many more. I would NEVER leave my son alone with any priest, I know this is a sad thing to say, and the religious among us will most likely be fuming, but its the truth. There are many good intentioned people in the church who genuinely mean well, and I sincerely feel sorry for them, as they will be tarnished with the same brush as the bad ones.
    As for the defense of the bishop that for him to disclose the information would be like a doctor breaking doctor patient confidentiality, thats nonsence. If a doctor knew or had good reason to believe that a child is in danger it would be his duty to report it, doctor/patient confidentiality would be over ruled in any case where a child may be in danger.
    The bishop has without doubt broken laws, perverting the course of justice, failing to report a crime, aiding and abeting, among possibly many more.
    To hear that the 2 abused women were refused entry into a church is shocking enough, to hear that they were refused entry by the policeman is even more shocking. On what grounds was the officer refusing entry? :mad:
    Its not just the offenders, its the hoards that must have known.

This man probably had better sexual morals than the priesthood.

http://nobeliefs.com/mementoes.htm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Jobee -
    jobee wrote: »
    No preacher ever talks about this fellow God lover, why?
    Its not just the offenders, its the hoards that must have known. This man probably had better sexual morals than the priesthood.
    Great to see you posting your thoughts, but can you try to stop godwinning yourself with everything you write? And try to engage in a discussion, rather than using the forum as a vent for your Nazi-fetish?

thanks.

robindch wrote: »
    Jobee -Great to see you posting your thoughts, but can you try to stop godwinning yourself with everything you write? And try to engage in a discussion, rather than using the forum as a vent for your Nazi-fetish?

thanks.

For some strange reason the western world thinks god lovers are nice people.
    In my experience they are anything but nice people.

The big religions are just 'jobs for the boys'.Big business, but we have to blame the customers.

I haven't got an obsession with the nazis, many a pope was just as bad as Hitler.

http://www.prestonlancs.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3870-hitler-rc/

• Advertisement

From how it reads, it seems it was a service of some sort for the victims. Surely they didn't hire a Gaurde as door staff.
    Surely the Devil would never allow this kind of thing to go on in hell, how is it 'god' has allowed it to go on in his churches. You could almost say it was under his protection, or at least the protection of his house.
    I suppose someone will have an answer to this, somewhere along the lines of 'we shouldn't question the actions of our lord, or try to understand why these things happen'
    Where do religious people think these priests will go when they meet their end? Will God open up the pearly gates for them? Or will they be banished to hell? Even though religion has protected them.

More fun in hell, my kinda devil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dPLTQ-0FmE&NR=1&feature=fvwp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I haven't got an obsession with the nazis, many a pope was just as bad as Hitler.

http://www.prestonlancs.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3870-hitler-rc/
    This thread should really be locked now, unless of course jobee is really a clever Jesuit priest, whose motive was precisely to effect that end.......

"There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself)[3] than others.[1] For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress. This principle itself is frequently referred to as Godwin's law. It is considered poor form to raise such a comparison arbitrarily with the motive of ending the thread. There is a widely recognized corollary that any such ulterior-motive invocation of Godwin's law will be unsuccessful."

recedite wrote: »
    This thread should really be locked now, unless of course jobee is really a clever Jesuit priest, whose motive was precisely to effect that end.......

"There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself)[3] than others.[1] For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress. This principle itself is frequently referred to as Godwin's law. It is considered poor form to raise such a comparison arbitrarily with the motive of ending the thread. There is a widely recognized corollary that any such ulterior-motive invocation of Godwin's law will be unsuccessful."
    Hitler was a baptised RC surely you dont feel lost in this kind of company.
    You've been rubbing shoulders with them most of your life.
    Rat-zinger adored him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Hitler Was a Christian
    The Holocaust was caused by Christian fundamentalism:
    History is currently being distorted by the millions of Christians who lie to have us believe that the Holocaust was not a Christian deed. Through subterfuge and concealment, many of today’s Church leaders and faithful Christians have camouflaged the Christianity of Adolf Hitler and have attempted to mark him an atheist, a pagan cult worshipper, or a false Christian in order to place his misdeeds on those with out Jesus. However, from the earliest formation of the Nazi party and throughout the period of conquest and growth, Hitler expressed his Christian support to the German citizenry and soldiers. Those who would make Hitler an atheist should turn their eyes to history books before they address their pews and chat rooms.
    Considering that Christianity has thus far been incapable of producing an unbiased, educated follower which speaks the truth, (I haven’t encountered any), I have been forced to dispel the myth by writing this essay. It is not until I bring up his speeches, my personal info on the Nazi regime and their tactics that a Christian will begin to question what their clergy told them. (I am the offspring of a German soldier. My Opa served under Hitler in WW2 and my father was raised during the time of the Nazi regime. This is important information to take into consideration for I am privy to some info that most Americans do not know. It is common for American media and education institutions to lie to their citizens concerning Nazi Germany.) So, in presenting this information I must break it into four parts: 1) Facts about Hitler and his involvement with the Church. 2) How the Church was the catalyst for anti- Semitism. 3) Facts concerning how the Nazi regime drilled these beliefs into Germanic society. 4) Quotes Hitler made which prove he had a disdain for atheism/occultism, upheld his Christian faith, and hated Jews due to his Christianity.
    Hitler’s involvement with the Church:
    a) Hitler was baptized as Roman Catholic during infancy in Austria.
    b) As Hitler approached boyhood he attended a monastery school. (On his way to school young Adolf daily observed a stone arch which was carved with the monastery’s coat of arms bearing a swastika.)
    c) Hitler was a communicant and an altar boy in the Catholic Church.
    d) As a young man he was confirmed as a "soldier of Christ." His most ardent goal at the time was to become a priest. Hitler writes of his love for the church and clergy: "I had excellent opportunity to intoxicate myself with the solemn splendor of the brilliant church festivals. As was only natural, the abbot seemed to me, as the village priest had once seemed to my father, the highest and most desirable ideal." -Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)
    http://www.evilbible.com/hitler_was_christian.htm
    Locked in 4 posts..... betcha...:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

robindch wrote: »
    Jobee -Great to see you posting your thoughts, but can you try to stop godwinning yourself with everything you write? And try to engage in a discussion, rather than using the forum as a vent for your Nazi-fetish?
    I haven't got an obsession with the nazis [...]
    Hitler Was a Christian
    Jobee's recent posts have been moved to the Hazards thread and he's now enjoying a week's holiday from the forum for ignoring repeated requests to post something worth reading.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,919 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ha - godwin's law proved in the very first word of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Jobee have you ever thought of maybe getting a pet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Jobee have you ever thought of maybe getting a pet?
    i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be allowed a pet. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

vibe666 wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be allowed a pet. :pac:

Oh I meant something like a brick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Oh I meant something like a brick

Voila

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I think FF are terrified of alienating the Catholic Church. McCreevy once said there are three important organisations in Ireland. FF, The Catholic Church and GAA. Makes you cringe eh?

The times they are a changing :D

FF and RCC not doing well and even Cork won Sam :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Pakistan minorities minister shot dead in Islamabad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12617562
    Pakistani Minorities Minister Shahbaz Bhatti has died after gunmen opened fire on his car in the capital Islamabad, hospital officials say.

He was travelling to work through a residential district when his vehicle was sprayed with bullets, police said.

Mr Bhatti, the cabinet's only Christian minister, had received death threats for urging reform to blasphemy laws.

Hopefully our own Blasphemy Law won't be so hard to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anti-gay pastor caught masturbating over children:
    http://www.newser.com/story/113075/anti-gay-pastor-grant-storms-arrested-for-public-masturbation.html

That's just terrific.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Galvasean wrote: »
    This is my favourite bit:
    Storms initially claimed he was merely urinating into a bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I've tried that excuse before.

Doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Pro-lifers: Prone to killing you.

Man in London given death threats for supporting evolution and women's rights:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/06/usama-hasan-london-imam-death-threats-evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Here's a popular issue among A&A posters playing out in a small town in Canada:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/in-an-alberta-town-parents-fight-for-a-secular-education/article1931158/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i wasn't sure if i should put it in the funny side of religion or here, but oits more funny because it's not funny if you know what i mean and is more of a parable of the hazards of belief so it might be better served here. :)

oh, and i robbed it from sickipedia. :)
    Let me tell you the fable of the Atheist and The Christian.

Once there was an Atheist named Mark. He didn't believe in God and as a result realized that there was no point in anything and had no morals. He made a fortune out of exploiting starving Ethiopian children and selling women as slaves on a black market to the highest bidder. He made loads and loads of money and retired to a Mediterranean villa next to the sea, with servants and concubines at his beck and call.

Living in parallel with Mark, is a Christian, named Oliver. He believes in God, Jesus and the Bible and spends his life giving everything to charity and helping aid organizations. He gets scammed and scammed all over again because he turns the other cheek and so never has a pot to piss in.

Both men are on their deathbeds, and Oliver, in a frenzy of anger at God, curses God as he believes that God has treated him unfairly, and hasn't rewarded him for his lifetime of servitude. He dies immediately after saying this and goes straight to hell for denouncing God.

Mark on the other hand is on his deathbed and suddenly realizes that Christianity is right, and that there is a God, and that Free Will exists, and that Jesus died to save us, and that all suffering is in God's divine plan, and so his last living act is to pray to God and apologize for his life of exploiting starving Africans, selling prostitutes, smuggling drugs inside babies and scamming charities. Because he does this, Mark goes to heaven.

And that my friends, is Christian logic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement