Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

revo parts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

thanks they might make me interested.
    is this a totally new make of rc car what will the availability of parts be like

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hmm..!!
    The Plot Thickens...!! :rolleyes:

OK
    Is this a new model out or is it one that has been about for sometime and only coming to Ireland now? :confused:

Who is the Manufacturer ?

Hurry and get a few pics..and Vids..
    also
    a few more detials on spescs etc. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Carson make the stormracer :)
    Video link here :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHgHiTBcD9s&search=carson

he said it was a bigger than the stormracer but he didnt say it was a carson:)

BFassassin wrote:
    he said it was a bigger than the stormracer but he didnt say it was a carson:)
    oops my bad ! sh1te I totally misread that one :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

He said it was like a stormracer 2, so it could be the base chassis with big bits glued on:D

it could be hopefully we will get some pics and videos of it later on:D

deffo !

Flunked wrote:
    it could be the base chassis with big bits glued on:D

LMFAO..!! :D

Flunked wrote:
    He said it was like a stormracer 2, so it could be the base chassis with big bits glued on:D
    is that a good or a bad thing.
    the vid on youtube didnt do anything to impress me

• Advertisement

the stormracer is fast! and that one didn't sound like it was tuned very well, believe me they are fast, and a good handler.

Yes they are good handlers and fast, but, the servos that come with it arnt the best, neither is the placment of the fuel tank, but it is fast and good at handling ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

BFassassin wrote:
    thanks guys but i am probably even more confused than before
    Just go for what ever you think is your "cup of tea";)
    The parts are easy to get for traxxas, there is a model shop in waterford that deals them, the same goes for the storm racer, get them in greenhobbymodel.
    There is a big money gap between them, but at the end off the day I would think the revo would make rings of the stormracer and is probely alot more durable.
    Just think of it like this, its like chosing between a mitsubishi or a ferrari:)
    The mitso is cheaper while the ferrari is better.

Plug wrote:
    Just go for what ever you think is your "cup of tea";)
    The parts are easy to get for traxxas, there is a model shop in waterford that deals them, the same goes for the storm racer, get them in greenhobbymodel.
    There is a big money gap between them, but at the end off the day I would think the revo would make rings of the stormracer and is probely alot more durable.
    Just think of it like this, its like chosing between a mitsubishi or a ferrari:)
    The mitso is cheaper while the ferrari is better.
    I'd like to see them pitted against each other, I have never had a Traxxas Model but I did have a stormracer, and had no major problems with it. It was very fast and a good handler. Parts were easy to get and cheap.
    I just think you're using an unfair analogy there, and I'd like to see the price difference between the two.
    I know flunked had problems with his tank and servos, but I never encountered those problems with mine, so I guess he might just be unlucky ? I also had a great back up service from the friendly guys in Green Model, and I have never had that with anything I bought on the net, and 4 of the 5 models I have here now were bought on the internet, but as I said earlier, I would love to see them race against each other, that would be the acid test for me.

you and vectra set up a race and record it for me then tallus:D :D

LOL coolwings is mean;) he is leaving us with a mystory cheap stormracer like model and we are trying to compare it with a revo :D
    joking...
    anywho
    I would go for revo because alot of people have it, alot of webistes sell spare, alot of websites sell hop ups
    where as, I would go for the "stormracer like" truck because it would come with the best back up you can get, its cheap, and the spares are cheap and... no postage, but no hop ups id say and it porbably isnt that popular
    ;)
    EDIT: That would be a good idea (race) but tallus sold his, and mine is kinda sick atm

i think i will be going to get the revo but it would be interesting to see none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

BFassassin wrote:
    i think i will be going to get the revo but it would be interesting to see none the less
    Good choice there;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Flunked wrote:
    LOL coolwings is mean;)
    Sorry - don't mean to be mean (?). It's just the discussion seemed to be going in the direction of "what is a reasopnable priced model that can take abuse, go offroad, and be fast as well, with 3cc, 3.3cc, or 3.5cc engine inside. I knew something the guys were not aware of, so I chipped in with my 2 cent worth.
    Flunked wrote:
    he is leaving us with a mystory ...stormracer like model and we are trying to compare it with a revo :D
    Only Stormracer like in looks and shape. It is a whole lot bigger, wider, longer, with almost triple the power of the 1:10 Stormracer (which I still like BTW, it's just a smaller class of buggy than this).
    This one is 1:8 scale size. Not Stormracer with add-ons - it's a completely different bigger buggy. I saw one for the first time Friday evening. Remember I was saying I was on the lookout for something for myself in posts a month ago? Well .....;)
    Flunked wrote:
    That would be a good idea (race) but tallus sold his, and mine is kinda sick atm
    The race might still happen...but first I'll try to get some pics. I expect to be making web pages for it soon, so the pics will surely come my way. :)

coolwings wrote:
    I expect to be making web pages for it soon, so the pics will surely come my way. :)

I thought you were field testing this weekend? :confused:

Could you not have gotten a vid or a pic of it?

Is it a Buggy or Truck?:confused:

• Advertisement

vectra wrote:
    I thought you were field testing this weekend?
    Not me personally, but yes the guys are out using one, engine nearly run in, leaning it out gently, bit by bit. Already throttle is getting lively.
    vectra wrote:
    Could you not have gotten a vid or a pic of it?
    I hoped to make one myself, but today has been a family day - not a bashing/flying day.
    vectra wrote:
    Is it a Buggy or Truck?:confused:
    1:8 Buggy with the same make of engine as Stormracer, the Force engine but 2 sizes bigger.

what sort of price are we looking at for this buggy and will parts be available from places like modelsport for it:rolleyes:

Whats the Betting that I am on the right track with this one.. :D
    SuperMonkey brings you "Bazooka"!.A 1:8th Scale ready-to-race piece of Nitro Nutter Mayhem.

Make sure your pets are nicely tucked up in bed when this mother-of-an-RC-mentalist-Banshee screams into action.

3.5 cc Vertex Engine, Tuned Aluminium expansion chamber exhaust. Impact Sprung front wishbones, Fully adjustable & tuneable suspension, Hardened steel gears & diffs (3 in all). Front AND rear biased brakes (adjustable!) the list spec list is endless.

Bazooka easily pulls 200 rpm 4WD on-the-spot doughnuts on tarmac!!!! Stupid amounts of smoke & mayhem. Will scare your neighbours! Guaranteed.

A model of this specification will cost you upwards of £350 in a model shop.
    Features & Specification:

No build - fully assembled & ready to run

Impressive top speed ~50 MPH (as stated by Manufacturer)

Powerful Vertex 3.5 cc Nitro engine, REQUIRES: glow fuel (15%-30% Nitro - available from model shops).

Tuned exhaust system

Comes with transmitter/receiver/servo gear installed

4-wheel drive coupled by steel prop & drive shafts

Quality front & rear hardened steel bevel-geared differentials

Single speed straight cut hardened steel transmission/Centre Differential

Very effective prop-shaft mounted disc brakes Front and Rear (works on reverse accelerator servo operation)

2 mm brushed & anodised, aluminium alloy concave chassis

2 mm brushed & anodised aluminium mounting plates

Oil filled alloy fully adjustable shock units

Adjustable double wishbone rear suspension - can adjust the following for you preferred handling characteristics:

Camber
    Ride height
    Shock-unit angle
    Adjustable double wishbone front suspension! can adjust:
    Camber
    Toe (Front tracking)
    Ride Height
    Shock-unit angle
    Dimensions (scale 1:8):
    Length 490 mm
    Width 305 mm
    Wheel Base 190 mm
    Weight 3.3 kg
    Wheel Diameter 116 mm

CLICK HERE To see a Bazooka jump a house and drive away :eek:

you could be right but the date on that tape is 2001 thats 5 years ago

BFassassin wrote:
    you could be right but the date on that tape is 2001 thats 5 years ago

Could be an updated version. :rolleyes:

vectra wrote:
    Whats the Betting that I am on the right track with this one.. :DCLICK HERE To see a Bazooka jump a house and drive away :eek:
    It looks similar Vectra. Cool video BTW.
    This IS a brand new model however. We have waited for it on a waiting list since February 2006.
    The body is a similar shape but different colour, and engine size similar.
    So the vid clip one may be the same but being sold under a different name for US market ....that is very common in RC. I doubt it given the time difference.

I just made some tel calls during the last 30 minutes, and drove to the shop (I went to work on a Sunday :eek: ) and bought one for myself!
    All done in 22 minutes - decision, go-get, come back, open, admire! :D:D:D
    The staff price helps me somewhat, but not like you'd think because all the first shipment are at staff price no matter who buys them. (That is occasionally policy with new models at Green Hobby .)

Camera batteries almost ready on the charger....
    Pics of nice shiny new model coming very soon ......

No BFAsassin - nothing to do with the place you mentioned. They're much too far away for me to ever get there in a half hour ! I buy locally ever since I finished my mail order learning phase (we all have one) many years ago!

BFassassin wrote:
    what sort of price are we looking at for this buggy and will parts be available from places like modelsport for it:rolleyes:

Well,
    to be honest about it, If I had a model shop that close to me and were offering this for the price then I know where i would go for spares..and I certainly would NOT be trying to figure exactly what parts would be costing eventually once the currency was exchanged.;)

vectra wrote:
    Well,
    to be honest about it, If I had a model shop that close to me and were offering this for the price then I know where i would go for spares..and I certainly would NOT be trying to figure exactly what parts would be costing eventually once the currency was exchanged.;)
    :)
    The model stuff is the advantage of hooking it up with your career.
    Believe me there are disadvantages - a trip out to use a model stops being so simple when you find yourself turned into "the free advisor" for stuff you never touched..... However I've made quite a lot of grand pals through RC modelling. :D

We are well off topic at this stage sooooo - taking this to a new thread....

thats the problem with were i am located i dont have a hobby shop near me and i dont drive a real car so i am sort of stuck to buying online.

i await pics:D
    i dont mind it going off topic as long as it helps me

• Advertisement

coolwings wrote:
    - a trip out to use a model stops being so simple when you find yourself turned into "the free advisor" for stuff you never touched..... However I've made quite a lot of grand pals through RC modelling. :D

I know the feeling.. Each week when I go racing i seem to be taken up with people asking about this that and the other thing. :rolleyes:

But.
    Like you said... Making lots of friends through it so i am not complaining. :D

Now about this new thread... :cool:

Advertisement