Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yesterday we brought Alfie to the vets for his 2nd round of vaccinations. The last time I was in there was collecting my old Dogs ashes 3 years ago. A really strange feeling for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

Gael23 wrote: »
    Yesterday we brought Alfie to the vets for his 2nd round of vaccinations. The last time I was in there was collecting my old Dogs ashes 3 years ago. A really strange feeling for sure.

best of luck with your new Alfie , we got another Retriever and named him Alfie not too long after collecting our Joey's ashes , hope your Alfie is not as nuts as our fellow .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Tony H wrote: »
    best of luck with your new Alfie , we got another Retriever and named him Alfie not too long after collecting our Joey's ashes , hope your Alfie is not as nuts as our fellow .

I wish I could say he wasn’t . He’s either crazy or soundly asleep, no in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Sleep well Kleine.
    Thank you for 16 years of being the most affectionate and beautiful cat ever.

108424.jpg

108431.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

So sorry. I feel with you with all my heart.
    We lost our 14 year old Micky just this Saturday succumbing to his illness in a sudden, fast and unexpected crash.
    It always hurts so much when our beloved companions leave us.
    Be good to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My sympathies, my heart sinks a mile for you. Glad there are people like you as awesome minders for these fur babies

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Beautiful cat may she rest in peace xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

RIP Kleine, your beauty will light up the Rainbow Bridge.
    That place has one more star in its sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

RIP Kleine

Today is the day when we unfortunately take Rohan for that final walk. Old age has taken its toll and despite our every effort and rationaisation to make it otherwise, it's just that time.

MABBpiw.jpg?1

He is a Great Pyrenees of 14.5 years, possibly the greatest. My OH got him when he was 8 weeks old. When I first met her a few years later, I wasn't a dog lover having never had a dog before, but that very soon changed once I spent time with Rohan. Because of him, I will always make sure to own at least one dog for the rest of my life. No matter how hard the final goodbye is.

Here is Rohan enjoying better days...

bjTEgXU.jpg?1

gynPRHh.jpg?1

Ylo8mXt.jpg?1

We got another Great Pyrenees in recent years and here are the two boys together...

Ebm7QGa.jpg?1

Thank you and Godspeed to Rohan, the absolute gentleman. May he rest well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sdp

such a sad time, Sleep well Rohan x

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

14 years is a great age for such a big dog...he must have had a wonderful life.
    Sleep well Rohan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Gorgeous Boy RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

RIP Rohan, you will have wonderful beaches at the Rainbow Bridge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I keep saying ill avoid this forum as it always makes me upset at the loss of such wonderful pets. It reminds me of the losses we've gone through in our home.
    But on the positive side i wouldnt swap one second of the wonderful times we have had with our beautiful pets. Losing them is the hardest thing but loving them is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I keep saying ill avoid this forum as it always makes me upset at the loss of such wonderful pets. It reminds me of the losses we've gone through in our home.
    But on the positive side i wouldnt swap one second of the wonderful times we have had with our beautiful pets. Losing them is the hardest thing but loving them is the best.

I keep on saying the same, I love this forum and I hate this forum, I was literally in tears this morning at 7.30 when I looked at the post about Rohan and it reminds me of that very worst day in a pet owners life, that every other pet owner totally understands and empathises with.

But for me, I think overall its one of my favourite forums, its hearbreaking, but in a good way (if that makes sense) all of those pets have given and received such love and its beautiful to see the bonds. When you read horrible stories of cruelty to animals in the press or whatever, I always think of this forum and how many people love their pets so much.

Thanks very much for the kind replies, they are genuinely a help.

Rohan went so peacefully in the end, with no shakes, spasms or any signs of discomfort. His last image was of two people who loved the bones of him and will never forget him, trying their hardest to show him nothing but smiles.

Just flicking back through this thread, my condolences to all of you who had to go through the experience of losing a much loved pet.

Today was harrowing for us, but I can see from this thread that we were the 'lucky' ones. Rohan had a good innings for his breed, a long happy life. We at least saw the end coming and got to prepare for it. Those of you who didn't get that chance, who lost your pets in an accident or sudden illness, my heart goes out to you.

You said perfectly what I have been struggling to find the words to say, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,586 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

peasant wrote: »
    Sleep well Kleine.
    Thank you for 16 years of being the most affectionate and beautiful cat ever.

108424.jpg
    gynPRHh.jpg?1
    Two amazing photos - really captured the moment beautifully.

Deepest sympathies to both families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Heart felt condolences to you all. One of the toughest things to go through.

Think of the wonderful memories and happy times x.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You guys were incredibly kind to me when our Westie, Prada, was taken from us. link
    Yesterday our other dog at that time, Bailey, went on his way following weeks of illness.
    The incredible team in O'Scanaill's in Swords did all they could to keep him here with us, but it was the kindest thing in the end to let him go.
    So, I thought I'd chime in here to say goodbye to him, in your company.
    I'm a 46 year old man and really made quite a display of myself yesterday, trying to pull it back together today, but there's a hole now where my heart was, and it's Bailey shaped.
    I might paint a nice portrait of him in the coming months, when it's all less raw, keep him close.

This is Bailey as a brand new puppy, just arrived in our family

jPkAstuHXpms3JM3KEWIiKFMphvGctX_L6W_iVBUe_dn2sDUWHP1Gh_bEj5Cip-Am0WrZKJ9c1oeoCIsr9k=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

And this is him just on Tuesday, at peace in his favourite spot

4IheehbBLFCl4vMur2nKtykQstZB088bZUPfacli4NAZBaza4F08sDPZM-SZdHWfad5FHnuhPVGGlMEG4vE=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We buried him next to Prada, his partner in crime, in a lovely bit of the garden, and I'll never forget him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    We buried him next to Prada, his partner in crime, in a lovely bit of the garden, and I'll never forget him.

Sleep well sweet Bailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Ah Jeez, Ciderman, so sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute to the lovely Bailey, may he RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sdp

so sorry for your loss Ciderman, run free with Prada now Bailey.

Thanks, you are all very kind.
    I had to apologise to my wife for coming apart on the day, it as a sight to see let me tell you.
    I can understand why some people believe in a heaven, because it's too hard to fathom that something, someone, so significant can simply be gone.
    He will certainly live as long as I will, in my memories and thoughts, his little idiosyncrasies will make me smile and sometimes not smile.
    And I'll always love him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nearly two years on Angel, left me with the same decision to make this week. Hard of sight and hearing but still full of love. I put her to sleep last night. Took her for one last walk with dad while we waited our turn with the vet. The big park in the sky is a better place today. Run free, my sweet girl.

Last photo of her last walk. I love the shine from the sun on and behind her head reminding me she was always true to her name. :)
    Over 16 years and nearly 2 years on her brother from the same litter. What a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

George was a great dog,he lived by his rules and was stubborn at times but very playful.He loved his walks and car rides and would always greet us with a smile and wagging his tail.He liked getting his fur brushed but hates baths.
    He was about 9 and we had him 5 years.I wish he was still here!
    Georgie you were my best friend and I'll always miss you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I thought this video was really touching

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I thought this video was really touching

Not sure if this was ever posted but I really liked it.

https://youtu.be/mwGnCIdHQH0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Not sure if this was ever posted but I really liked it.

https://youtu.be/mwGnCIdHQH0

Yeah I remember seeing that years ago ... amazing , even oul Johhny Carson is welling up there!!

Advertisement