Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

After a long life, Rusky the terrier resting now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Coming up on the 1st anniversary of Sal's passing. Miss her each and every day.

Looking through all the photos, tears streaming she was a brilliant little dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Today is Dudes second anniversary. I didn’t think it would hit me so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Today is Dudes second anniversary. I didn’t think it would hit me so hard.

Dude was my hero. What a cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RamboJambo

Hey guys, hope you're all well. Not sure where else to post this so here goes...

I'm looking after my neighbors hens while they're on honeymoon and one of them has died. How are you supposed to get rid of a dead hen? No jokes please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

If you can't face prepping it for yourself or yours or a neighbours dogs then bury it. (Depending on how it died of course). Either in your garden or somewhere it won't be disturbed.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

TopTec wrote: »
    If you can't face prepping it for yourself or yours or a neighbours dogs then bury it. (Depending on how it died of course). Either in your garden or somewhere it won't be disturbed.

TT

Would have to take into consideration whether these are "pet" hens or not. Some people would get upset at the idea of consuming an animal they cared for.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Three years yesterday since my wee doggo went, finding it hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

So sad to be posting this.
    Our beloved Tintin made it to his 17th birthday but he hadn't been eating well for a week or two. However, his birthday steak was devoured.

2s9651f.jpg

We decided to stop his renal diet and let him eat what he liked. He improved enough to enjoy a night away camping with us, trying to steal sausages from the bbq next door. He even had a lovely walk through the fields.

qzetfp.jpg
    fa4nef.jpg

Unfortunately he went downhill again a few days later, and his little heart went into failure again. He was on the maximum medication so there was nothing more we could do. He wasn't even enjoying his beloved beach or his favourite pastime of inspecting seaweed. He had a final meal of fried liver in butter and a little mooch on the beach.

The vet was brilliant and he slipped away peacefully in our arms. We are waiting for his ashes so we can scatter them somewhere special to all of us.

345hjd1.jpg
    1zvvgj6.jpg

RIP the Tintin, our loyal friend, 2001 -2018. You will always be in our hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

In tears here over this.

I feel like I knew him.

RIP to a very special and much loved little dog. If love could have kept him alive, he'd have gone on for ever.

Look after yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh I'm so heartbroken for you Capercaille. I always dreaded the day I saw you post here. Loved TinTin and all his adventures. How lucky you were to have each other. You were so kind to him and he had a wonderful life.
    Sleep tight TinTin. Enjoy the yummy steak at rainbow bridge. We all loved you in the animals forum. X

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m heartbroken, loved to read about your adventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Oh Capercaillie, like the others said I really felt like I knew Tintin, I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave him the best and happiest of lives. Rest well Tintin x

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The post I hoped to never see. Goodnight Tintin..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

So so sorry to hear about Tin Tin. My stomach lurched opening the thread and seeing such sad news. Run free, we’ll all miss your adventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

I am so sorry to read this just now. I loved to hear about Tintin’s adventures and felt happy every time he rallied and got to enjoy another birthday treat.

He was so loved and cared for and gave us all a smile with his cuteness and the lovely pics and stories that you shared along the way.

RIP lovely boy. Sincere condolences to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

So sad to read this, always felt as if we knew him, thanks to your lovely pictures he's a true legend of boards, Our heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family, sleep well Tintin x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

RIP Tintin, I didn't know you.
    I do now.
    Run free and happy on all those clouds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Only seeing this now but I'm so sad to hear the news about Tintin, Capercaillie.
    I always loved reading about his adventures. He had such a great life, and obviously gave so much in return.

Hope you and his human mum are doing ok. Look after yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

So sad, Tintin was loved by so many people, you gave him a great life, he was truly loved.
    Rest well Tintin, good dog. xxx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Oh no :(
    My heart has just broken for you Capercaillie, the post none of us ever wanted to see.
    Tintin was like an old friend. I don't ever remember on any of the pet forums I've frequented over the years, another dog who had captured so many hearts and united so many people in the feeling that we all knew him, we all looked forward to news of his most recent outings.
    A million thanks for sharing this wonderful fella's adventures with us over the years. He'll be very sadly missed here too, so I can only imagine the hole he has left in your hearts :(
    RIP Tintin. You're a good lad. :(

Oh no I'm only seeing this now and am in tears here. I'm so so sorry Capercaillie.

Rest well Tintin xx

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Rootsblower

Reading these lovely tributes to our beloved furry friends I thought of this

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Eulogy_on_the_Dog

Never a truer’ word spoken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

1zn0iex.jpg
    2qxnu6g.jpg
    Thank you all for your kind words about our Tintin. He is badly missed, no morning nuggles, afternoon nuggles, walk on beach and nightime nuggles. I got the Tintin when he was around 12 weeks old. He came to work with me and slept at end of bed and in later years when he was old in his comfy basket beside our bed. He was our constant companion day and night for 17 years. So many happy memories.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lost22

Our beautiful bubbly girl Trix passed away yesterday very suddenly. She was our whole world and to say we are absolutely devastated is an understatement. The vet was brilliant and although it was sudden it was peaceful. I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye but I'm sure she knew how much we loved her and what great joy she brought to our lives. We will never forget u diddles xxx

Oh i'm sorry Lost, they always know how loved they are. Take care of yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

I'm so sorry, lost22, but I'm sure that Trix knew and knows how much you loved her.
    She'll be watching over you like you did for her.
    RIP Trix

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So sorry for your loss xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Only set up an account on Boards a few days ago and never thought in a million years that this would be one of my first posts.

Last night, my dog and best pal of 11 years Sammy unexpectedly drifted off for what would be his eternal sleep.

I cannot put into words the devastation and the void he has left us with. It has literally ripped me to pieces.

I would give everything I have to be able to tell him how grateful I am for his friendship and loyalty over the last decade and how sorry I am that I wasn’t there with him at the end.

For any dog owners who may happen to be reading this, I ask that in Sammy’s memory, you take your dog for a walk tonight come rain/hail or snow because one day you’ll come home and the leash will be in it’s usual place but there’ll be no dog to walk.

Good night Sammy, you have changed your humans’ lives forever and have left a chasm that can never be filled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

So sorry for your loss Flyer29. Have fun at Rainbow Bridge Sammy. Sleep tight X

Advertisement