Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

So sorry about Pepper:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

So sorry to hear that Aonb, rest in peace pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I'm so sorry about Pepper :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

I loved reading about Pepper and his rebelling against old age. You are an inspirational fur-mum!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭FlowerGarden

On bank holiday Monday my much adored little bichon died after falling over a cliff. She left the garden to go 300 metres down the road where she smelt something earlier on a walk. Its the first time in the 18 months we have lived there that she left the garden. When I realized she was missing I went into a terrible panic and thought she had been taken. I live right on the coast, usually a very quiet place but it was busy on Monday. Then I remembered her going towards the cliff earlier that day on a walk and jumped in the car and drove there. To my shock and absolute horror I saw her little body floating in the sea below. At first I refused to believe my eyes, not my little darling girl. Two people came to my aid when they saw my distress. I was begging for help to get her out. Eventually I located someone in a kayak who was able to safely retrieve her body. I am riddled with guilt about whether she was so hungry she went to this place she might find food, it was just around the time they are fed. Also I am having nightmares about how she died, whether she broke her neck or whether she drowned. My other little dog is lost without her. He is depressed and thrown down. The two of us are missing her terribly and trouble coming to terms with our loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

So sorry to hear! Try not to blame yourself or over think everything, easier said than done, and focus on happy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Such a terrible thing to happen flowergarden, but you mustn't blame yourself for an accident. The shock and loss is enough to cope with. She had a happy life and was loved and gave love too console yourself with the lovely memories. I know it will take time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Flowergarden, that is such a shocking thing to happen. I am so sorry for you. But you know the fact that your little dog went happily back to where she had a nice scent earlier, shows that she was a confident, relaxed little dog - dont torment yourself with 'What ifs' and all of that guilt stuff - your beloved dog was going about her doggy business, and its just a tragic accident. DONT let yourself think about anything else - you loved her and she loved you and had a lovely life - dont torture youself any further. Take care. Hugs

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Awe Flowergarden that is just awful :( so sorry to hear that.. please don't beat yourself up.. I hope you can find comfort soon.. RIP little pooch x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭hollytrees

Im so sorry about your bichon. Please dont blame yourself. I put my gorgous little girl to sleep this week due to an incurrable illness.I feel so lonely and heartbroken. I knew it was going to be hard but didnt expect such intense sadness. My other dog is going around the house looking for her :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I was brushing my teeth this morning and into my head popped the day the Vet told me Henry was sick. I could see him lying on the floor in the little room, huffing and puffing while the Vet examined him and did the ultrasound thing and then gave me the results of his tests and told me he had a year to live, if he was lucky (he wasn't lucky in that way). I burst into tears and the toothpaste went all over my top.
    Where does this come from out of the blue? I was doing kind of okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

I would say its perfectly natural we all have those moments time helps and heals but will not stop our memories

we all had that special dog mine was jake its about 15 years now since I had to have him pts he was as mad as a spanner and I had no control over him as I got him as a rescue dog when he was about 3years but I still miss him terribly to this day

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Leonidas Boodlesworth the Third passed away last Summer... and I'm still finding his hairs in my laptop :)

5fxJUdl.jpg?1?4520
    "...what you looking at?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

My lovely dog Benji passed away this evening. I'm absolutely bereft, I've had him since I was 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

So sorry for your loss. Benji was such a handsome boy! X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

My wee doggy was killed by a car yesterday.
    I did not think it would effect me so badly. Getting up this morning was terrible.

She would usually bound up the stairs and push the door open to wake the house at 8am. Bouncing around the place getting on everyone nerves.
    The quietness took me by surprise. I'm more upset today than I was burring her yesterday.
    My son has never experienced the death of a pet till now. He is in bits. This is horrible.

I miss her so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

My wee doggy was killed by a car yesterday.
    I did not think it would effect me so badly. Getting up this morning was terrible.

So cute and full of life, I am sorry for your loss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sammey1

Lost Max our Golden Retriever on 16th June to heart failure, he was 9yrs old and I miss him terribly, the house is so quiet without him he was my buddy always with me wherever I went, he was the best dog anyone could have and I know I'm biased but you could leave him in the house if you where going out and he wouldn't jump on the furniture or mess the floor. He went downhill so fast we weren't prepared for it, never saw it coming, Vet said he maybe had a year left but it was not to be we were hand feeding him in the end so we made the decision to put him to sleep, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Thanks to the love, reassurance and kind words of all of you, we were able to let our Shadow cross the Rainbow Bridge this morning at 11.

We got your harness Shadow, and your lead. I could see your eyes light up with excitement, but your poor old bones couldn't follow.
    We opened the car door and told you to hop in. Your tail was wagging but Daddy still had to lift you up.
    We smiled in the car and sang you songs, but inside we were sad because you were too tired to hang your head out the window as we drove.
    We arrived at the vets, and we were at peace - you walked in all by yourself with a happy grin and a kiss for the nice lady who was there to meet you.

You died in our arms, covered in kisses and cuddles. You drifted off in seconds, but not before nuzzling your head into my shoulder. I felt like you were saying thanks, and I knew we had done the right thing.

There is a paw-shaped hole in our hearts :(

398178_10151097498152998_1399538994_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Beautiful goodbye for your gorgeous boy. I'm so, so very sorry you're going through this but am glad you are at peace with the decision you made. Run free at Rainbow Bridge Shadow X

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Run free shadow xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Beautiful words ShaShaBear....tears here :( RIP Shadow you were a very lucky doggy to be loved and cared for right until the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

BAWLING here ShaShabear :( Take immense comfort from the fact that you took any pain and suffering away from Shadow

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

Me and my two took a moment this morning at 11am to during our walk. Peace to you both, and to Shadow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

:(
    They are indeed beautiful words ShaShaBear, what strength you and your OH showed to make it all okay for Shadow today. What a handsome boy he was too.
    There's a sore heart here for you today too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Rarely do posts on this actually make me cry. SSB well done for being so strong for your handsome boy. Run free little man xx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

RIP Shadow! Tears in my eyes after reading that! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Raven . Died last xmas was 10years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

My brother's lady lurcher (whom the whole family took turns minding and hanging out with for eight years, and we all loved her so much) had to be put to sleep today as she had cancer and it was spreading like wildfire.
    She was aged about 11 and gave us great joy for eight years (my brother homed her from a rescue) - going to miss her so terribly! My poor bro is distraught - they were such unbelievable pals... :-/

RIP lovely girl. :( xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

ShaShaBear, I have rarely read more moving words in memory of a pet. I started crying halfway in the post, I think your words will haunt me for long time and I'm glad they will.
    RIP lovely Shadow, you have been loved more than the most of pets :(

Advertisement