Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

Katie1289 wrote: »
    8 days ago Hazel passed away.
    It feels so surreal going into the house- it's bare and empty as if my joy has been snatched. In all our years together she would always wait for me- overexcited to see me even if I had been gone only 10 minutes. That's what made her my most loyal and true friend. Her cancer came so fast and strong- not showing until it was very late. She would not want to move in the last week and yet she still would attempt to follow me around the house! That crazy little darling!
    She was velcro to me but everyone who knew her fell in love. My family have said that it was remarkable- the time she came to me as a rescue dog and the time she passed. I got her before entering secondary school and now before I leave for college she has left. In a way it will ease the leave for me- knowing that all that I have left is my human relations :')
    Bye bye baby. <3

sounds like ye both shared a very special bond your sad now but it will get easier and then you will realise how lucky you were to have had that special little dog in your life and it sounds to me as if she was also very lucky to have found you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

jimf wrote: »
    sounds like ye both shared a very special bond your sad now but it will get easier and then you will realise how lucky you were to have had that special little dog in your life and it sounds to me as if she was also very lucky to have found you

Thank you those are kind words. :) I always knew that I was lucky to have found her. :) gone but never forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

We lost our little girl Misty on Tuesday, she was 15 1/2 years old, strange because we got her 14 years ago today.
    She had some health problems over the last few years (heart & went blind) but she still bounced around like spring lamb. We had noticed over the last few weeks she was slowing down a lot and we discussed our options, but on Tuesday within a matter of hours she took a bad turn, she couldn't stand and her breathing wasn't right.
    We all shed a tear and said our goodbyes, i brought her out in the sun one last time and sat with her in the grass, then, i wrapped her in her favourite blanket and took that dreadful trip to the vets.
    I took this photo before we left
    10377153_10202007000717088_3379464659941613351_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

I still miss my dog, Mr Rover. He died in January at the ripe age of 14. His barking at every visitor to the house used to drive me mad, but I'd love to hear his squeaky, high pitched bark to alert me to visitors calling. He had a real phobia of wind for some reason, and only had one enemy, my uncles dog Moro.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

ananas wrote: »
    I still miss my dog, Mr Rover. He died in January at the ripe age of 14. His barking at every visitor to the house used to drive me mad, but I'd love to hear his squeaky, high pitched bark to alert me to visitors calling. He had a real phobia of wind for some reason, and only had one enemy, my uncles dog Moro.

Love the look on his face. Mischievous rascal and very wise.

Rest in Peace Mr Rover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Lost my dog yesterday to an unfortunate car accident. Absolutely gutted. My parents are getting a bit old now and kind of doted over Max like a child so I'm devastated for them also, RIP MAX, you were a great dog, gave us a great 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

My old boy 15+ passed today - he gave us so much over those years and was a big soft hearted dog who never showed us anything but love - an exceptionally hard decision to let him go in the end but glad he's out of pain now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

My very faithful and very spoiled cat died today, aged 12. She loved tinned fish as a treat and watching tv, either sitting on my lap or even better, sitting at the screen trying to paw at anything that moved! It was a sudden death, we think that she was hit by a car and tried to get home.

I'll miss her being there when I got home, lying on my bed, trying to "bite" me (more licking really), following me around the house. I'll even miss giving out about her hairs being everywhere. In the last year or two, it was like she was reliving her kittenhood and had become very playful. She loved being cuddled or rubbed or playing with wool. Sometimes, the sitting room would be quiet and all of a sudden you could hear the curtains rustle and she would be pouncing on some bit of wool/fluff/whatever was lying around.

RIP faithful friend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like your cat had a wonderful life with you! RIP Kitty X

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishredmist

junkyard wrote: »
    Having read a post of how upsetting it is to loose a pet I decided to start a thread or a " In loving memory" thread if you like for our departed animal friends. I'll get the ball rolling with a picture of my Cocker Spaniel who died 2 years ago when she was only 3 years old. Even though I have another one just like her now I know I will never forget her. RIP puppy.:(

What a nice post. I lost my Setter 2 years ago am scared to get another dog the heartache was so bad. I hope you get a lifetime of pleasure from your new Spaniel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

This is Moe.

2ivk5n9.jpg

Sadly I had to have her put to sleep today.

The Neighbours dog broke free from their garden last night and made his way into our back garden.. flipped over her run and got her into his mouth but my OH managed to free her..

I thought she was ok, eating, walking around and going to the toilet etc but the Vet examined her and one of her back ribs was punctured and there was some fluid building up around it..

We were offered an operation but she only had a 20% chance of survival so the kindest thing to do was put her out of her pain asap imo.

I'm absolutely heart broken :( cannot stop crying and can't bring myself to gather up all her little bits and bobs.

RIP little Moe XX

Edit: Sorry about the size of the pic.. maybe some kind Mod might know how to resize it for me?

Poor Moe :( You did the kindest thing for her x

Thanks guys... I feel so sad today.

Hit me like a ton of bricks when I woke up this morning.. I couldn't face cleaning out her cage and putting away all her stuff yesterday so I did it this afternoon.. That was a killer :(

I can't believe how besotted I was with something so small but she gave me so much joy.. I pictured watching her grow old and getting too big for her igloo and some day her dyeing of old age.

I just can't accept the tragic way she left us :( I'm gutted.... and crying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Poor Moe, poor you. What a terrible shock for you. I imagine you are feeling worse because Moe was attacked in your garden, but who could have foreseen such an occurance. She was a beautiful little piggie... very shocking experience for you

RIP the beautiful cat we found on the road today :( I'm so sorry for what happened to you but I hope our moving you to the verge will be of some comfort to your owners and it's the last act of kindness we could do for you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

It's just over 4 months since I had my lovely Henry put to sleep. I got 2 new puppies a few weeks ago, not as replacements, just to help with the healing a bit and they have.

We all still talk about Henry in every conversation, remember the time Henry did this, remember when he was a pup, if Henry saw that he'd do this.
    It's still so hard without him. I feel like I'll always be missing his part of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

It's just over 4 months since I had my lovely Henry put to sleep. I got 2 new puppies a few weeks ago, not as replacements, just to help with the healing a bit and they have.

We all still talk about Henry in every conversation, remember the time Henry did this, remember when he was a pup, if Henry saw that he'd do this.
    It's still so hard without him. I feel like I'll always be missing his part of me.

I can fully understand you.
    It's over 9 months since I had to say good-bye to my cat Tom and there hasn't been a single day without me thinking of him at least 10 times a day. I still have other two cats that love me and I love them, but Tom was very different, he was special in everything he did, and every time I think of him or talk about him a tear comes to my eyes.
    Sometimes I wonder if thinking of them too much would disturb their eternal rest, if they wish to be forgotten, or if they like to be remembered day by day so that they can help us through this life... :(

I can fully understand you.
    It's over 9 months since I had to say good-bye to my cat Tom and there hasn't been a single day without me thinking of him at least 10 times a day. I still have other two cats that love me and I love them, but Tom was very different, he was special in everything he did, and every time I think of him or talk about him a tear comes to my eyes.
    Sometimes I wonder if thinking of them too much would disturb their eternal rest, if they wish to be forgotten, or if they like to be remembered day by day so that they can help us through this life... :(

Yeah, Henry was very different too. I can't describe it but he was just very different to our other 2 dogs and now the puppies. I love them all but it's different love.
    I still get tears in my eyes too.

Sorry to hear about Tom x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

A year to the day, still think on Max pretty much daily. At least now I sometimes think then smile, still isnt easy at times.

2dl7jas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

RIP Spooky. You left me this morning. I'll miss your messing.

vbulletinWbR8pZt.jpg
    WbR8pZt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

RIP Spooky. You left me this morning. I'll miss your messing.

vbulletinWbR8pZt.jpg
    WbR8pZt.jpg

I'm so sorry, she was such a wonderful cat!
    I love tortieshell cats, probably because mine is pretty much like this yours.
    RIP Spooky!

Missing Henry a lot today :(

He was such a good dog :(

2011-08-27214124_zps87d91009.jpg

The vet came out to put Pepper to sleep this afternoon. All very quiet and quick and stressfree. Very sympathetic vet, which was a life saver. We have buried him in the orchard. The BEST dog - but we all think that - he really was exceptional.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

:(:(:(

Aw aonb... I'm so sorry.
    He was one lucky, lucky little fella though, to have a family who celebrated his terrierish foibles :o, and he lived a long and happy life.
    RIP Pepper.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

So sorry aonb, he had the best life by the sounds of it. Run free pepper

Run free at Rainbow Bridge Pepper.. Good doggy

Sorry for your loss aonb :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

RIP Pepper!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

So sorry to hear about Pepper aonb. RIP. Your family gave him a fantastic life and he will be missed

Day 1 after 16 years without Pep - cant believe it still really - but I am SO happy he is gone. The worry of looking at him since the prognosis was just miserable. He was the best best best best little tinker terrier of a dog. We adored him. He was the best companion dog we've ever had - and we have had quite a few. You know I think there are dog/human SOUL MATES, and Pep was mine. I loved our rescue collie Patch (PTS November) and I adore our stupid little Remy, but Pep was truly very special. His character/his habits/his tricks/his fat little hairy body with 3" legs/his fabulous black eyes! We should have put him to sleep on wednesday but husband/daughter couldnt face it. We did the right thing on thursday. He HATES vets, and always had to be muzzled (he was a terrier!) when we took him to the vet (this was the dog who came to me to pull bone-grizzle out of his front teeth!) This time, he just looked at the vet, and looked at me, and I knew the fight was over. Many thanks to all of you for your kind words.

To all of you fellow pet lovers who have put your pet to sleep, or are facing that day, console yourselves with the thought that your beloved pet is done with pain and stress and misery, and that is the very last thing we can do for tham

(Going offline for a few days to get away from doggie-reminding-threads, but I'll be back soon xxxxxxxxxxx)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

aonb wrote: »
    Day 1 after 16 years without Pep - cant believe it still really - but I am SO happy he is gone. The worry of looking at him since the prognosis was just miserable. He was the best best best best little tinker terrier of a dog. We adored him. He was the best companion dog we've ever had - and we have had quite a few. You know I think there are dog/human SOUL MATES, and Pep was mine. I loved our rescue collie Patch (PTS November) and I adore our stupid little Remy, but Pep was truly very special. His character/his habits/his tricks/his fat little hairy body with 3" legs/his fabulous black eyes! We should have put him to sleep on wednesday but husband/daughter couldnt face it. We did the right thing on thursday. He HATES vets, and always had to be muzzled (he was a terrier!) when we took him to the vet (this was the dog who came to me to pull bone-grizzle out of his front teeth!) This time, he just looked at the vet, and looked at me, and I knew the fight was over. Many thanks to all of you for your kind words.

To all of you fellow pet lovers who have put your pet to sleep, or are facing that day, console yourselves with the thought that your beloved pet is done with pain and stress and misery, and that is the very last thing we can do for tham

(Going offline for a few days to get away from doggie-reminding-threads, but I'll be back soon xxxxxxxxxxx)

+1

I welled up reading that. Thinking of you

Advertisement