Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

zef wrote: »
    I miss my cat Gawry very much. I left someone minding her who chose to drink himself to oblivion when I visited a friend in the UK for a weekend. Still miss you baby bear xxx

That's terrible!!! :(
    Could you please explain what happened better?
    I fear I've misunderstood... I fear...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

332877.jpg

this megatron and tuxedo, my beautiful little babies :(
    on tuesday night at half eight i had a call to the door, a black and white cat was having seizures down the end of the estate, it was my beautiful tux and he had passed just before i got to him.

two hours later, another knock at the door, i was in bed and asked my bf to just tell them i was sleeping. i could here muffled voices but i heard him say "she is going to freak out, how can i tell her" :( it was my beautiful meg, dead on the road, in a pool of vomit. alone :(

i couldn't even look. hysterical doesn't even begin to describe the state my daughter and i were in.

xmas eve i went to bring chocolates to the lady that was with tux before he died to say thank you and she told me there was another cat found at the top of the estate, no marks on him, just a pool of vomit.

i told neighbours to keep their cats in, three neighbours missing their cats. yesterday my neighbours cat was found dead in her next doors garden. i asked would she mind if i took him away to my vets and have his tummy tested, she agreed to it.

at this point its fairly obvious our babies were poisoned, an excruciating death. all alone without their mams or dads. i just cannot believe this has happened.

my other three cats and my dog are on total lockdown, miaow miaow is not taking the litter tray well but shes using it. ugh. fcuk life and fcuk the absolute scumbag that has done this.

i just want them back :(

EDIT: I am in summerhill in Meath, so if you are living near or know of anyone living near please keep your pets inside and tell your neighbours the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

332877.jpg

on tuesday night at half eight i had a call to the door, a black and white cat was having seizures down the end of the estate, it was my beautiful tux and he had passed just before i got to him.

two hours later, another knock at the door, i was in bed and asked my bf to just tell them i was sleeping. i could here muffled voices but i heard him say "she is going to freak out, how can i tell her" :( it was my beautiful meg, dead on the road, in a pool of vomit. alone :(

i couldn't even look. hysterical doesn't even begin to describe the state my daughter and i were in.

xmas eve i went to bring chocolates to the lady that was with tux before he died to say thank you and she told me there was another cat found at the top of the estate, no marks on him, just a pool of vomit.

i told neighbours to keep their cats in, three neighbours missing their cats. yesterday my neighbours cat was found dead in her next doors garden. i asked would she mind if i took him away to my vets and have his tummy tested, she agreed to it.

at this point its fairly obvious our babies were poisoned, an excruciating death. all alone without their mams or dads. i just cannot believe this has happened.

my other three cats and my dog are on total lockdown, miaow miaow is not taking the litter tray well but shes using it. ugh. fcuk life and fcuk the absolute scumbag that has done this.

EDIT: I am in summerhill in Meath, so if you are living near or know of anyone living near please keep your pets inside and tell your neighbours the same.

Terrible - very sorry for your losses. You should report this to the Gardai, so that they are aware of it, and might even follow up.

RainyDay wrote: »
    Terrible - very sorry for your losses. You should report this to the Gardai, so that they are aware of it, and might even follow up.

thanks rainyday, gonna wait for the test results, the lab is back open on the 5th of jan. I'll go to the gardaí with the results and see if they can help. it's just unfathomably fcuked up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I just don't understand the mentality of people who would poison people's pets. You have my sympathies for the hardship you have to go through due to the actions of utter scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

332877.jpg

Crying here We'llallhavetea. :(
    So so sorry - it's unimaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I have a TUX too - shes thankfully asleep by the fire now. You poor thing, what a nightmare. To loose one pet is so horrible, but to loose both is beyond anything. And all the other poor cats out there. I wont even try to comment on the person who would do such a thing, unless it was accidental, in that it was poison left out for rats by someone who didnt consider the cat population :confused:
    Let us know the outcome, and do spread the word to the other animal owners in your area. Take care

thanks everyone for your kind messages. i haven't cried today so at least that! think my boyfriend was ready to have me sectioned with the non stop tears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

My best friend Jessie had to be put asleep on Monday. Jess was a beautiful 12 yr old golden Labrador and was the kindest loyal friendly happy dog you could wish for. She was sick since November and really struggled over Xmas. I have never had to make a harder decision than the one I made last monday. I wasent able to be with her when she was put asleep as I was to upset and I hope I don't live to regret that. I am a very rational commonsense type of guy but this last few weeks have been hell on earth. Jess thanks for all the memories you have been brilliant for our family and gave us more love and happiness than i thought possible. See ya again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Capercaille

332877.jpg

****in scumbags leaving out poison!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

****in scumbags leaving out poison!!!!!!!!

I agree. Talking to a friend who runs a cattery and she has a regular who had a mother cat and three kittens killed this way. Pigeon keepers can be obvious culprits in this regard, as (I strongly suspect) happened to one of ours a number of years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

So sorry to hear about your loss We'llallhavetea.

It angers me so much to hear stories of cats and dogs being poisoned. Whether for malicious purposes or just for general rats, leaving poison outside, especially in a neighborhood area, is incredibly ignorant, stupid and just plain irresponsible.

So sorry again for your loss. Your two cats look gorgeous.

To think about my three ever being hurt like that just makes my blood boil. It is such a painful experience and anyone doing such a thing on purpose deserves to be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

i think i'll be joining this thread soon:(

:( god love you, its a terrible time, I hope your pet improves or goes peacefully & painlessly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Capercaille

i thought my fellow was going to join thread 3 years ago, but he going strong now. Never give up hope...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Absolutely gutted, my beautiful Puppy had to be put to sleep on Saturday morning as a result of cancer I suspect, she had been slowing down for the past few months and despite a few trips to the vet she didn't make much headway. Then just recently the vet diagnosed her with pancreatitis and diabetes and with the relevant treatment we were hoping for the best. We got the diabetes under control and cured the pancreatitis but she was off her food and was just sleeping all the time so in the end the vet suspected that she had cancer too so the kindest thing to do for her was to put her to sleep. She would have been eleven in March. I still can't believe it that she's gone, she was my shadow and I loved her so much. RIP Puppy. you'll be sorely missed but never forgotten,:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Absolutely gutted, my beautiful Puppy had to be put to sleep on Saturday morning as a result of cancer I suspect, she had been slowing down for the past few months and despite a few trips to the vet she didn't make much headway. Then just recently the vet diagnosed her with pancreatitis and diabetes and with the relevant treatment we were hoping for the best. We got the diabetes under control and cured the pancreatitis but she was off her food and was just sleeping all the time so in the end the vet suspected that she had cancer too so the kindest thing to do for her was to put her to sleep. She would have been eleven in March. I still can't believe it that she's gone, she was my shadow and I loved her so much. RIP Puppy. you'll be sorely missed but never forgotten,:(.

So Sorry for your loss.

The place will seem a bit empty at the moment, but you will get fleeting sensations that She is still around and She will always have a place in your Heart.

You did all a loving person could do for her and gave her the best love and care any Parent give give to a child.

May you meet Her again along The Rainbow Ridge.

R.I.P. Puppy

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Thanks MonkieSocks, I really did all I could for her but at the end of the day it was she who mattered, her quality of life and there was no way was she going to be in pain on my watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Thanks MonkieSocks, I really did all I could for her but at the end of the day it was she who mattered, her quality of life and there was no way was she going to be in pain on my watch.

Cheer's Reaper,

You had to make a tough and heartfelt decision and did so with love and compassion for your little friend.

I bet she loved the water, all Spaniels do.

It will be really tough for a while but the day will come eventually when, you look back and think of her, you will just smile and think of all the fun time and walks that you had together.

It takes time...don't rush it.

Cheer's

Socks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Grimreaper, I'm so sorry, Puppy was wonderful, beautiful.
    Your heart is aching now, but a day will come when the memories are sweet.
    RIP Puppy :(

• Advertisement

Thanks Irish Stones, a very sad time indeed as she was my only dog and still think she's around all the time. A very quiet house now,:(.

Puppy was a real beauty.
    You were lucky to have her for 11 years, but Im sure that doesnt help now - its just torture grieving for a loved pet, but it is grief and has to be processed and gone through. Give yourself time to recover, and who knows maybe you will be ready to have another friend in your life in the not too distant future. Best wishes.

Thanks Aonb, i'll get another puppy by summer but like you say, for now, i'll grieve Puppy, she'll never be forgotten that's for sure,:).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

My turn to post a memory here is coming very soon. I've known at the back of my mind for a while now this was drawing closer but it's come with little warning,

3/1/2000-15/1/2015. 15 years and 12 days that I will never forget.
    I dont know how to feel right now to be honest. I feel almost emotionless

10929006_672277422881785_1793223933531950799_n.jpg?oh=34a192645eee1a3fb71be04d9e455c7b&oe=5561A5D9&__gda__=1429245319_4498c069028b927c07dd63de2a7b37cc

ryanf1 wrote: »
    3/1/2000-15/1/2015. 15 years and 12 days that I will never forget.
    I dont know how to feel right now to be honest. I feel almost emotionless

I'm so sorry!
    When you wrote your last post 3 hours ago I haven't understood that it would have been this quick... :(
    The good memories of these past 15 years and 12 days will help you go through this terrible moment.

I'm so sorry!
    When you wrote your last post 3 hours ago I haven't understood that it would have been this quick... :(
    The good memories of these past 15 years and 12 days will help you go through this terrible moment.
    Neither did we to be honest, we expected a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

So sorry Ryanf1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

So very sorry Ryanf1.

• Advertisement

Anyone having been through this, how soon is it ok to think of getting another one?

Advertisement