Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

awh that's sad too Jules :(
    he had fab eyes - I love marmalade cats :) it's wonderful when they have such a character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

SarahJ wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies, it helps to know people understand and dont thin he was 'just a dog'. Thats the man himself. He actually was the best dog in the world. Im trying to think of all the funny things he did.

he looks like a little beauty - looks like he loved live, I carry pictures in my wallet of my departed babes, although after 20 years they fading a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

Jules wrote: »
    He didnt have a care in the world, he got kisses and cuddles all the time, as horrible as it sounds, he quickly became the number one cat in the house.. beating out my 13 and 14 year olds, they kind of jsut do their own thing!

Last pic taken by 6th a week or so before he was killed.... What a handsome man he was.... i miss him so much still.

femgkn.jpg

can definatly see the boss man in his eyes, real tiger look about him

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Jules wrote: »
    He didnt have a care in the world, he got kisses and cuddles all the time, as horrible as it sounds, he quickly became the number one cat in the house.. beating out my 13 and 14 year olds, they kind of jsut do their own thing!

Last pic taken by 6th a week or so before he was killed.... What a handsome man he was.... i miss him so much still.

femgkn.jpg
    So sorry for your cat.. what a gorgeous gorgeous boy he was...
    It is always heartbreaking to loose our furry friend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

So sorry for your cat.. what a gorgeous gorgeous boy he was...
    It is always heartbreaking to loose our furry friend...

What a beautiful cat, absolutely stunning, I am so sorry for you loss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

I'm sure they are all up there in doggy heaven...

RIP ELSA OCTOBER 3RD 2009 XX

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Today we had to make that trip to the vet that noone wants to make,,our 12 year old dobbie cross finally surcomed to her cancer,,On Sunday she was running around the garden and even playing with her buddy our tom cat, monday morning she had vomited and had diarrohea and she didn't want to get up so we knew things had taken a bad turn ,we said we would give her untill today to see if there was any improvement but by this morning she couldn't stand and was refusing water and food. So we rang her vet and he said to bring her up. Myself and my OH went in with her and i held her in my arms while she slipped away. It was the hardest decision i've ever made but also the best as i couldn't see her ill and getting weaker and sicker.
    The next hard thing to do was telling the kids,,she had been with them all for all their lives and they loved her,,,God love them the poor things broke down and there was a lot of tears. Things have calmed now but i know by bed time the tears will flow again and not just the kids.It was a tough day and one i dont want to see for a long time to come:(

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Really sorry to hear that joyce, its not an easy thing to go through. :(

Hope you and your family feel better soon.

Joyce I'm so sorry to hear that, it's most heartbreaking to have to make that decision, but at least you know ye gave her a wonderful live and she gave back love in return. Your children got to grow up with her and that will have benefitted their and her life.

It'll take a while to come to terms with the loss, but knowing she's no longer in pain and that you got to say goodbye must come of some comfort. I missed getting to say goodbye to our dog when she was in a similar position as yours, and I was heartbroken. It's not a day anyone wants.
    My thoughts are with you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

How awful for you. The loss of a pet is real grief. Don't underestimate that for a second. It's painful and shocking but the only thing you can do is just talk it over and have a good cry. Or do whatever it is you need to do to let it all out. If you try to deny it, it will just get worse. Today was a sad day for you. Hope you feel better soon.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the well wishes,,its the only downside of having a dog.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 buggles

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Joyce, that is a trip I'm not looking forward to. All the best for the coming days and weeks, I would suggest having a funeral of sorts as it helps the grieving process, certainly did for me when I lost pets in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

My mam found Rio behind the compost bin at the bottom of our garden, he had been ill the day before, but we never found out why. He has a memorial page on Gone Too Soon. If anyone has an account on this website, feel free to light a candle for him. I really miss him :(

http://rio.pets.gonetoosoon.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I went to the vets today with my friend.... It was a case of can Tiddles be saved or will he have to be PTS....He'd suffered a stroke, was unable to 'control' himself and was sleeping all the time (liver failure)....

The decision was made to put him to sleep.... Poor wee Tiddles... :( x x x

Tiddles the cat a.k.a cat
    2002-2009

(have no pic sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Is it possible to sticky this thread Mods, I think it was asked a few times already, thanks in advance.

junkyard wrote: »
    Is it possible to sticky this thread Mods, I think it was asked a few times already, thanks in advance.

It was stickied - but there were so many stickies we had to tidy up.
    I put a link to this thread and another unstickied thread in the Rules thread. Unfortunately for the moment it will have to stay this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

star-pants wrote: »
    It was stickied - but there were so many stickies we had to tidy up.
    I put a link to this thread and another unstickied thread in the Rules thread. Unfortunately for the moment it will have to stay this way.

Is it that big a deal to add one more?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If there was any way it could be added to the stickies, I think it would be great.
    I found it very helpful when I knew my little soldier was coming to the end.
    I like reading about other people's pals.

Please move if needed...

Just read on sky.com/news that Paul O'Grady's dog Buster had to be PTS last Thursday :(:( Aww... R.I.P Buster

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m3/may2008/8/8/161E8CE5-FEE3-CF01-1582053A467619C1.jpg

Awh no! poor Buster :(

• Advertisement

There was a lovely tribute to him at the end of Paul's show today... Long and happy life he had...14 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

First Pictures 001.jpg
    This is a photo of my lovely big girl Megan. She died two days before Christmas two years ago.
    She had one little leg because her shoulder joint didnt develop properly but it never bothered her.
    In fact it was quite beautiful because I work with children with disabilities and she was able to show them that all of nature contains those who are different.
    One of her little human friends was born also with a small leg and a small arm and neither of them thought anyting of it and just got on with life.

Her great passion in life was football.
    Local children use to call to the door with footballs in their hands asking if Megan could come out to play.
    I always accompanied her for these games, kept her on a retractable lead and taught her not to jump up on children.
    She was a brilliant goalie and would nose a ball over to a childs feet and wait for him or her to kick it then she would bring it back.
    One day I was in a shoe shop in Grafton Street and a young assistant said "you are the woman that owns that dog that played football, I loved that dog" Everybody knew Megan.

The week she died I was the one sick first. She lay on the bed or on the floor beside me for two days and then one morning I saw her fall as we went downstairs. She didnt look well and there was a yellow colouring to her skin.
    She had a disease of the blood, not contagious and we dont know what causes it. Because I was sick myself I was able to stay off work, bring her to the vet and take care of her for three days. Her illness exausted her, it didnt hurt, she just lost all her red blood cells and her energy. The vets were wonderful and there is a dog at Hillcrest Vet hospital who acts as a blood donor who also must be thanked for doing his best too.

The morning she died she got out of bed and insisted on staggering out to pee before being brought to the vet to be put to sleep. The vet came out to our car parked outside the surgery so that Megan could die in her own space and not have to walk any further. My lovely girl never even peed when she died, as animals normally do, she was so good in life and in death.
    I still havent and cant replace her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I've just returned from one of the toughest errands of my life... bringing my mother's cat to be put asleep. "Goldie" was only eight years old, but she developed a huge tumer in the intestine. The vet removed it, but after a week and a half, she kept going downhill. We knew it was best to relieve her of her agony, but it's still a sad shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

My condolences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭MelissaLahive

My condolences too. We recently lost our family dog and still miss him to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Condolences OP. At least you did the right thing by her.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Really sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel - we lost our cat at home to the exact same thing earlier this year (he was 8 and ginger, which I'm guessing yours might have been?)

It's never nice, but at least you know you did what was best for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭Rigsby

shanagarry wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel - we lost our cat at home to the exact same thing earlier this year (he was 8 and ginger, which I'm guessing yours might have been?)

It's never nice, but at least you know you did what was best for her.

Yes, she was ginger all right.

Thanks to all who have replied. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Sorry to hear that Rigsby but I hope you take some comfort in the knowledge that you did the right thing for her. It's never easy but at least you didn't let her suffer any longer. Take care.

• Advertisement

i'm so sorry for you ,,i know how you feel having put my dog to sleep not long ago,,the only thing is knowing you did the right thing for poor goldie.

Advertisement