Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Any reason this has bein unstickied? I think its a great thread for sentiment sake! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

About 3 weeks ago, A swallows nest at the side of our house fell down due to heavy winds and rain. 3 little baby swallows fell onto the ground. One little guy died :(
    me and my family decided to take the other 2 and put them in a box, feed them worms and try and raise them until they could grow up and fly away (vets advice). We named them ben and jerry.

My little sister (age 10) was in love with them. Then, jerry died. It was preety devastating but we knew that we had to work harder to keep ben alive. Then, the next day, we found ben all disfigured in the box and he had died.

I have never seen my sister cry so much as she had done that night. We have a picture of them in a frame hung up on each of our bedroom walls now. They were preety much like family for the while that they spent with us. We were obsessed with them, bringing them outside so they could get some air and sunshine.. Ill stick up pictures of the little cuties if i have any on my camera.

RIP ben and jerry. X x X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hamond:

photo0077y.jpg

Was killed by car last night :(

missing him loads already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'm so sorry to hear that Anti.. he was gorgeous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

About 3 weeks ago, A swallows nest at the side of our house fell down due to heavy winds and rain. 3 little baby swallows fell onto the ground. One little guy died :(
    me and my family decided to take the other 2 and put them in a box, feed them worms and try and raise them until they could grow up and fly away (vets advice). We named them ben and jerry.

My little sister (age 10) was in love with them. Then, jerry died. It was preety devastating but we knew that we had to work harder to keep ben alive. Then, the next day, we found ben all disfigured in the box and he had died.

I have never seen my sister cry so much as she had done that night. We have a picture of them in a frame hung up on each of our bedroom walls now. They were preety much like family for the while that they spent with us. We were obsessed with them, bringing them outside so they could get some air and sunshine.. Ill stick up pictures of the little cuties if i have any on my camera.

RIP ben and jerry. X x X

well i found a pic. This is ben.

P130709_20.19[01].JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

This is our handsome boy Alex whom we lost 2 years ago.. He was king of our house and truly the best friend you could ever hope for.
    We were all destroyed when he died.
    He was a perfectly healthy dog, but one night he got a fit out of the blue (i only thank god that he slept in the house and my daddy was woken by the noise). He seemed perfect after this first fit but my parents took him straight to the vet anyway... he saw 3 vets in 2 days and was eventually admitted to a clinic where he spent a week. Unfortunately there was nothing that could be done to stop the fits and he was put to sleep.

I'll miss him & love him forever & would give anything in this world to bring him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

This is our handsome boy Alex whom we lost 2 years ago.. He was king of our house and truly the best friend you could ever hope for.
    He was a perfectly healthy dog, but one night he got a fit out of the blue (i only thank god that he slept in the house and my daddy was woken by the noise). He seemed perfect after this first fit but my parents took him straight to the vet anyway... he saw 3 vets in 2 days and was eventually admitted to a clinic where he spent a week. Unfortunately there was nothing that could be done to stop the fits and he was put to sleep.

I'll miss him & love him forever & would give anything in this world to bring him back.

Such a beautiful dog :)

i wouldnt know what to do if it happened to me ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

What a sweet dog and sweet breed which is why its so hard to believe that CKC are overall the sickest breed in Europe seizures being the most common problem, if you get another quiz the breeder over the health of the parents, it could stop this heart break happening to you again, my thoughts are with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Our gorgous 4 year old dalmation Jackson, had to be put to sleep 2 days ago. He suddenly stopped eating and drinking a few days earlier, and we had to spoon feed him to get something into him. Then 2 days ago he couldn't stand, and we noticed his gums bleeding. Brought him stright to the vets, who ran some tests, and revealed he had liver failure so bad it was off the scale.

We're all devestated, and our other dalmtaion seems sort of lost at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭bubblewrap

Three months ago we lost our doggy bubbles. he was a king charles.
    he was so playful and happy untill a neighbours child let him into her garden to play. the child forgot to put bubbles back and ya he ran onto the road and was hit by a 4x4. he had no chance poor little bubbles.
    ill never forget coming home that eveing so looking forward to seeing bubbles and going for our evening stroll only to be met by a weeping child, apologetic neighbour and my BF looking very pale. my whole world fell apart on hearing the devasting news.
    BUBBLES MY BUBBLES...DEAD.:(

my irreplacable bubbles.

oh how i miss him dearly.

eventhough i own and love my boxers and my yorkies dearly not a day goes by when i dont cast a thought to Bubbles. i sometimes imagine how happy he would have been playing in the field with the others.
    i cant even contemplate ever getting another king charles, i believe the circumstances of his death made it harder to accept.
    some may laugh but only a true animal lover would understand.

i will post pics if i can.

"Dead but never forgotten..."

RIP MY PRECIOUS BUBBLES.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXX..........

Oh my god, this whole thread is devastating but things like that are just horrible. I am so sorry. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

My Charlie who died July 2007 aged 13. RIP xxxx:(Attachment not found.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ziggy23 wrote: »
    My Charlie who died July 2007 aged 13. RIP xxxx:(Attachment not found.

Now there's a character! :)

Ha that's a good pose :)
    Sorry for your loss, but looks like you got to love a great chap

Ah he was great would do anything for food...beg,lie down, gimme 5:D

Lol my two, especially the pup love love love food. Daisy (pup) gets up on her hind legs and kinda bounds sideways to follow you, it's cute.
    so I can imagine your chap bounding too

star-pants wrote: »
    Lol my two, especially the pup love love love food. Daisy (pup) gets up on her hind legs and kinda bounds sideways to follow you, it's cute.
    so I can imagine your chap bounding too

god love them they'd sell their owners down the river for a fiver if it meant a treat:p What breed are yours? Heres another of Charlie posing again during the world cup:DAttachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

ziggy23 wrote: »
    god love them they'd sell their owners down the river for a fiver if it meant a treat:p What breed are yours? Heres another of Charlie posing again during the world cup:DAttachment not found.

Awww ziggy he was a dote :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Hi guys its been ages since I posted here - sadly I have sad news this time.

Some of you will remember me - I am Mrs Bond-007 aka Faye.

On Saturday we lost our beloved big bad boy cat Henry.

Henry was a feral cat that we finally trapped with a cat trap (we borrowed the trap from cottage rescue) On the day we were going to take the trap back we got Henry! Its a good thing too as he had a snare caught around his waist.

So a trip to the vet & he was neutered & his wound was treated - thankfully the wound did not require stitches!

We released Henry & he came in every night to be fed - he was very nervous - but started to head butt my hand if I was too slow serving up the dinner! Eventually I was stroking his head - I said to Mr Bond if I get him to purr he will be mine! The first time he purred was great! So great the next night he was on my bed purring & enjoying cuddles! Henry turned from a wild rough tough man to a soft cuddly giant with ripped ears & a scar around his middle - he turned into Mr Bonds baby!

He will be sadly missed! RIP Hen Hen we love you heaps!

DSC_8468.jpg

FAYESY wrote: »
    Hi guys its been ages since I posted here - sadly I have sad news this time.

Some of you will remember me - I am Mrs Bond-007 aka Faye.

On Saturday we lost our beloved big bad boy cat Henry.

Henry was a feral cat that we finally trapped with a cat trap (we borrowed the trap from cottage rescue) On the day we were going to take the trap back we got Henry! Its a good thing too as he had a snare caught around his waist.

So a trip to the vet & he was neutered & his wound was treated - thankfully the wound did not require stitches!

We released Henry & he came in every night to be fed - he was very nervous - but started to head butt my hand if I was too slow serving up the dinner! Eventually I was stroking his head - I said to Mr Bond if I get him to purr he will be mine! The first time he purred was great! So great the next night he was on my bed purring & enjoying cuddles! Henry turned from a wild rough tough man to a soft cuddly giant with ripped ears & a scar around his middle - he turned into Mr Bonds baby!

He will be sadly missed! RIP Hen Hen we love you heaps!

DSC_8468.jpg
    Aww sorry to hear that:( at least he got to know what it was like to be loved before he went:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

RIP Henry. You will be missed. :(

• Advertisement

I'm very sorry to hear that about your Henry, at least you know you gave him a better life and he paid you back in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Anti wrote: »
    Hamond:

photo0077y.jpg

Was killed by car last night :(

missing him loads already

Poor Hamond (and all the other animals) I was in tears looking at this pic, he looks so small and lovely. Did he ever get to grow up or was he still a tiny kitten when he was taken away. (I'm still in tears writing this)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Look at him, not a care in the world. Sorry for your loss :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

RIP Puss:(

We miss you so much.

Our little princess

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

My 14 year old Yorkie died yesterday, he had to be put down so I didnt get to say goodbye. I feel like my heart is literally broken. Does anyone have any advice? I'm in work, but just can't do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

SarahJ wrote: »
    My 14 year old Yorkie died yesterday, he had to be put down so I didnt get to say goodbye. I feel like my heart is literally broken. Does anyone have any advice? I'm in work, but just can't do anything.

can you have a funeral? you'd have to get him back of course, failing that put his belongings in a box with a photo of him and mark his passing - if when you do this, get e helium balloon and hold it, think of him and release the balloon into the sky and release your grief

Ah SarahJ that's awful :(
    It's hard to know what to do, 14 years with you is such a long time. We lost our dog around the same age, when I was 15, it was heartbreaking, I just cried, I wasn't there when she was put down so I never got to say goodbye either so I know how you feel.
    It'll take time for it to sink in properly, you have to remember when you go home they won't be there to greet you and that can be so upsetting when you forget.
    You can get out photos/vids of your dog and watch them and say goodbye in your own way. I'm not religious in any way, but, I would talk to a photo or something, tell them I miss them, tell them everything I would have said given the chance. It can be a release to even say stuff outloud.
    I know some people might not understand the loss of a dog is the same as the loss of a family member but it's hard, so if you're struggling at work maybe just mention to your boss that you're sorry if you're a little out of it this week but you have lost your dog.
    And read through these posts in this thread, there's some lovely things said.
    You can post up pictures of your dog if you like, or tell us funny stories about them, it's always nice to share that kind of thing with people who care too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Thanks for your replies, it helps to know people understand and dont thin he was 'just a dog'. Thats the man himself. He actually was the best dog in the world. Im trying to think of all the funny things he did.

Ah he's gorgeous -all tucked up in a duvet by the looks of it!!
    My current two love sleeping on the bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Amberjack wrote: »
    Poor Hamond (and all the other animals) I was in tears looking at this pic, he looks so small and lovely. Did he ever get to grow up or was he still a tiny kitten when he was taken away. (I'm still in tears writing this)

He didnt have a care in the world, he got kisses and cuddles all the time, as horrible as it sounds, he quickly became the number one cat in the house.. beating out my 13 and 14 year olds, they kind of jsut do their own thing!

Last pic taken by 6th a week or so before he was killed.... What a handsome man he was.... i miss him so much still.

femgkn.jpg

Advertisement