Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BESS Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

In which course could one find the most attractive ladies, in your opinion? ;)

If you're going for highest probability, it would probably have to be Nursing given the huge female to male ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Graduate Reading Room- A place where under grads are not allowed, but once you graduate its all yours.

As for the above discussion of my kind in college, I feel like slapping all of you bar Orlaith. We need a knew stereotype to ridiculue. I actually feel like defending BESS girls, particlularily the ones all fo you lot seem desperate and unable to pull.

So a girl takes care of her appearance, and end up looking slightly orange, it dosn't make her as thick as four short planks just weirdly conditioned by society into believeing that a neon orange glow is normal and desirbale. But aside from that, firstly they got into college, yeah the poins for BESS are 475* or so but most BESS girls seem top get well above that into the 500, by the measure of our heavily flawed secondary education system, quite smart. Then they go to the effort of looking their best when coming to college, and so its not what some of you may see as normal but you all appear to ahve the hots for them. And they work, which many of you may say is a joke, myth or rumor, but in most of my tutorials, the few that I made, the BESS girl types would have at least doent he reading, more than I even attempted till the last 3 weeks before exams. Yeah you get some who havn't, but I'm not a typical BESS girl, and when it comes to the stereotype pof going to feic all lecturs, fewer tutorials and living in D4 I tick all the boxes. I'm fed up the the bloody BESS bashing. Basically the rest of college is jealous, hell I'm jealous. The BESS girls who get slagged so much are some of the best looking people in college, they leave college with good degress, and they get fanastic social lives. Get over it, they exist, they prosper and they aid global warming but they're not dying out by any means. There is no reason to need to pick between brains and beauty and if someone has both, or even a whole group of people do, yeah it sucks for you but move on.

Take the Science Girls column in TN. It's a complete and utter joke, not becuase the person who writes it does a poor job, well kinda, but mainly becuase the athor is just obssessed with being a BESS girl, or rather not being a BESS girl. There is rarely any mention of events down in the Hamelton end of the college and its all focused on what bESS girl said in her last column, its utterly pathetic. You all fuel the ego of BESS people by having conversations like the above. if you wnat BESS people to get over themseleves, then quit talking about them. If you want to pull a BESS girl go out a bit more/join surfing club/go to the library. Just stop talking about them/us/whoever.

End of rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

There is rarely any mention of events down in the Hamelton end of the college and its all focused on what bESS girl said in her last column, its utterly pathetic.
    That's because the only events that go on in the Hamilton are the weekly "Lets all sit around and talk about BESS girls, since we obviously have nothing better to do" sessions. Or maybe not, because the majority of Hamilton end students don't give a crap about BESS girls, and are instead slightly more interested in not failing their exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Or drinking. as a Hamilton end student, I gotta say i'm more interested in drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm in it for the science personally. That and dissections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Ok, you've got some good points there Awayindahils. But I don't think that anyone has a problem with the existence of BESS girls per se, or that we think they're all like that, far from it. It's just that there's a certain group of BESS girls that pretty much up their own arsé. Even though they're actually quite clever, they're just a bit, well, frivolous, I suppose. That's what we (or at least I) have a problem with. Anyway, this is all blown out of all proportion, since the vast majority of BESS girls are lovely well adjusted people.

BESS stands for Baking Engineering Services and Supplies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

As for the above discussion of my kind in college, I feel like slapping all of you bar Orlaith. We need a knew stereotype to ridiculue. I actually feel like defending i]word censored to avoid bannage[/i girls, particlularily the ones all fo you lot seem desperate and unable to pull.

What the hell did I do? Also, I take issue with that last part.

BESS - British Elbow and Shoulder Society (or so Hils tells me)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Hang on!! Umpa Lumpas are smart. Sure look at their clever well coordinated dances, their super singing voices and catchy tunes. And they have a secret fetish for chocolate. . . . . . wait...

<grunt mumble> divide by two carry the one. add a pinch of sulphuric acid. some iodine. shake well. invert. . .. . .. . .My God its true!! umpa lumpa = BESS girl!!!

Seriously though. They're just easy to pick on, its only a JOKE + they do look funny. No need to be so jealous of them though Awayindahils. Sure how much is a bottle of fake tan anyways??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

&#231 wrote: »
    Next person to post the word BESS in any context other than explaining what BESS stands for recieves a week ban.
    You know, it is a helpful thread, but since when did we worry about going off-topic on the Trinity forum (especially when we're having such an entertaining time slagging off BESS-heads..)? That's what the "split thread" feature is for. Easy on the ban button, tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Take the Science Girls column in TN. It's a complete and utter joke, not becuase the person who writes it does a poor job, well kinda, but mainly becuase the athor is just obssessed with being a BESS girl, or rather not being a BESS girl. There is rarely any mention of events down in the Hamelton end of the college and its all focused on what bESS girl said in her last column, its utterly pathetic. You all fuel the ego of BESS people by having conversations like the above. if you wnat BESS people to get over themseleves, then quit talking about them. If you want to pull a BESS girl go out a bit more/join surfing club/go to the library. Just stop talking about them/us/whoever.

That column, and indeed the section editors who ran it, didn't make it to the end of the year.

crash_000 wrote:
    Next person to post the word BESS in any context other than explaining what BESS stands for recieves a week ban.
    Pet wrote:
    BESS

No offense, Pet. I just keep getting these flashes of "NOBODY is to stone ANYBODY until I blow this whistle! Even - and let me make myself absolutely clear - even if they do say Jehovah.", and it's hard to resist what the voices in my head tell me to do.

&#231 wrote: »

Go BESS*!!

*Brilliantly Educated Sexy Students

A pint^ to the first person who can tell where that it is written in the BLU

^Delivery of pint will depend on finding me during Freshers week and hassling me enough to actually getting me to give the pint. Delivery of pint not guarenteed. Delivery valid only during Freshers week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

yeah the poins for BESS are 475* or so but most BESS girls seem top get well above that into the 500, by the measure of our heavily flawed secondary education system, quite smart.
    And science is 440* with more places, and pretty much the exact same story with the rest of what you said.
    Then they go to the effort of looking their best when coming to college,
    At best best is subjective
    and so its not what some of you may see as normal but you all appear to ahve the hots for them.
    Hun, a bit of skin is always going to draw attention. And it's only bess lads on this forum I've noticed being as you describe, men aren't that fickle. "Them" being a percieved and probably inaccurate stereotype for the most part.
    I'm fed up the the bloody BESS bashing. Basically the rest of college is jealous.
    Uh-huh is that so eh? *snickers
    The BESS girls who get slagged so much are some of the best looking people in college, they leave college with good degress, and they get fanastic social lives.
    Now who's stereotyping? The bess girls I see tend not to be better or worse looking than any other aspect of college. Since when does bone structure dictate what a person chooses on their CAO? The ones I slag (a minority I'll admit) tend to look more ridiculous than anything else. And "good" social lives again is very subjective. But we all do what we must to enjoy ourselves I suppose.
    Take the Science Girls column in TN. It's a complete and utter joke, not becuase the person who writes it does a poor job, well kinda, but mainly becuase the athor is just obssessed with being a BESS girl, or rather not being a BESS girl.
    Admittedly that was pretty crapola. But that's woman's envy. It could have been done better. I'll actually praise the diary of the bess girl because I found it a bit of a parody. It seemed almost self-depreciating and I respect that, like jewish comedy.
    There is rarely any mention of events down in the Hamelton end of the college and its all focused on what bESS girl said in her last column, its utterly pathetic.
    Okay there was one badly written article, is this all you're going on? Get over it.
    You all fuel the ego of BESS people by having conversations like the above. if you wnat BESS people to get over themseleves, then quit talking about them.
    The only time I or my friends even notice/mention BESS girls is to have a giggle about them if we see some oompas in the pav. BESS boys seemingly don't exist, or at least are very good at not standing out. I'd hardly call that ego boosting.
    If you want to pull a BESS girl go out a bit more/join surfing club/go to the library.
    Not that I'm that picky, but no thanks.

PS: I'm gonna split this thread later, when I get back from doin stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

and there isn't that many bess girls in surfing for the record....(though i do recall a certain nun *bleh not finishing this..* )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

As for the above discussion of my kind in college, I feel like slapping all of you bar Orlaith. .

why thanking you!!! nice to see someone is sticking up with me!!! wahey!!!
    So a girl takes care of her appearance, and end up looking slightly orange, it dosn't make her as thick as four short planks just weirdly conditioned by society into believeing that a neon orange glow is normal and desirbale. But aside from that, firstly they got into college, yeah the poins for BESS are 475* or so but most BESS girls seem top get well above that into the 500, by the measure of our heavily flawed secondary education system, quite smart. Then they go to the effort of looking their best when coming to college, and so its not what some of you may see as normal but you all appear to ahve the hots for them. And they work, which many of you may say is a joke, myth or rumor, but in most of my tutorials, the few that I made, the BESS girl types would have at least doent he reading,

yeap yeap i admit it we do look hot, glad you all agree guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

yeap yeap i admit it we do look hot, glad you all agree guys! :D
    awayindahils is a bess bird... :rolleyes: the rest of us will only complement yis on yer ego.

lmao

13062006.jpg

i dunno about umpa loopa but clownish anyway

I'm not complimenting anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

She will make you take that down, you know.

Make? Make or ask?

Another BESS thread? Is there actually a need? Plus there is already plenty of threads on this subject (including one searching for the male BOP).

as you wish. *genie nod*

"This week on cribs we visit Ian's pad."

"Come over here and see my mod panel on boards, this is where the magic happens."

And it's only bess lads on this forum I've noticed being as you describe, men aren't that fickle.

Actually, more non-BESS guys were acting in a "fickle" way about BESS girls (in this conversation anyway). Ian brought it up in the first place here, Neil commented on the fact that they're "Something nice to look at" here. Beyond that, only Troglodyte backed them up (I commented on them turning it into a thread about hot girls, but that's more a comment on what they were saying than anything to do with BESS girls). So really, that much of your post is just wrong (the rest is between you and Hils. That much of it pertained to me, so I felt the need to step in)
    i dunno about umpa loopa but clownish anyway

...nice knowing you, man. She's actually going to kill you for this, you do realise that?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

But what a way to go.....

infact, someone ring her....

maybe she and Kev are related?

85339742a1092240340b770668170l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I'm not sleeping until she comes online, I don't wanna miss her reaction when she sees that.

Oh, seems Hils is Kev. Lets not act like we didn't suspect it.

• Advertisement

/me goes off to make coffee...

[AMSTEAL]
    THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!!
    [AMSTEAL/]

Advertisement