Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BESS Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Take the Science Girls column in TN. It's a complete and utter joke, not becuase the person who writes it does a poor job, well kinda, but mainly becuase the athor is just obssessed with being a BESS girl, or rather not being a BESS girl. There is rarely any mention of events down in the Hamelton end of the college and its all focused on what bESS girl said in her last column, its utterly pathetic. You all fuel the ego of BESS people by having conversations like the above. if you wnat BESS people to get over themseleves, then quit talking about them. If you want to pull a BESS girl go out a bit more/join surfing club/go to the library. Just stop talking about them/us/whoever.

End of rant.

Yeah that thing is a joke, she call bess girls self absorbed and stuck up in the BESS part but in the Science part she talks about how great she is and how much better she is. Its a bit contradictory.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

So a girl takes care of her appearance, and end up looking slightly orange, it dosn't make her as thick as four short planks just weirdly conditioned by society into believeing that a neon orange glow is normal and desirbale.
    67509543_5266088004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

as you wish. *genie nod*

Oh fantastic not only is he a mod he's a genie. So I can have 3 wishes? I totally think I should get them, and I know exactly where your lamp is.*

Anyway firstly, the owl I mean the owl? Why is there another owl?
    *slaps agent smith*

Next that photo, there are already several threads devoted to me not looking my best so since we are generally attempting to declutter around here I reckon they should just be taken down, or rather the one in this thread, linking would work just aswell. Also all my ranting is in those threads. I'd slap you but would probably cut my hand on stubble.
    *glowers at Ian*

As for my wishes, the above two things were perfectly reasonable requests.
    Firstly to be the centre of attention, wait thats already the case.
    Second to no longer get hangovers.
    Thirdly, well I'd like to save that wish for prosperity.

Sorry to disappoint you all last night, but there was no way I was going near this thread till I was sober and a little rational. But you all had fun....:D

*May not actually be true

**Blame UCDD people for the rant which became a thread (a whole thread for me) and got reposted to the BESS thread.

Anyway there was soemthing else, oh the clown thing...meh its been said before, as I said you lot need some near material when it comes to the old slagging stakes. I bet some person with the patience/ability to link lots of posts could find the evidence.

Morning all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well that was all very random, i came across that pic on me phone yesterday and figured it was apt, i didn't put any more thought into it than that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Black_Couch

that brilliantly educated sexy students acronym for bess - its in the 2nd last cubicle from the left, facing outwards towards the door in the BLU jacks under/at back of toilet roll dispenser!

• Advertisement

*slaps agent smith*
    b29955304.jpg

On the topic of clowns...

13062006(001).jpg

...though my favourite from the 3 Ian had in his bbeers folder is...

13062006(002).jpg

Myth wrote:
    ...though my favourite from the 3 Ian had in his bbeers folder is...
    snooping through my folders, its like tantimount to invasion of privacy...... here was i going to drip feed old pics i found................ or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

....and i wonder why women aren't attracted to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

[rant]none of this has anything to do with BESS[/rant]

• Advertisement

is this the ranting thread? no, go rant there.....

I was hoping a mod would take care of it.

Tell yeh what, the day YOU lot stop posting BESS ****e everywhere on this ****ing forum, we won't post random **** in your BESS thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

&#231 wrote: »
    Tell yeh what, the day YOU lot stop posting BESS ****e everywhere on this ****ing forum, we won't post random **** in your BESS thread.

Nice!

I never signed up to moderate this to be nice, I signed up to keep this forum useable for user's. while its gotten better as of late, there was a while there where the BESS Spam everywhere was getting way out of hand, and well out of line.

lies...

you signed up for the cocaine.... we all did.

&#231 wrote: »
    Sounds fair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Sounds fair to me.
    There is consensus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

My biggest concern for the year is taking up a sport so that I get fit again. As per usual, Shay_562 is stealing my ideas - this time about about basketball. Me and my days in the Clondalkin posse will help me show you up though, homie.

If basketball still train on Friday and Saturday nights (how woeful is that, seriously?) I'll be chatting to the Tennis lads and see how things are on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Ibid wrote:
    My biggest concern for the year is taking up a sport so that I get fit again. As per usual, Shay_562 is stealing my ideas - this time about about basketball. Me and my days in the Clondalkin posse will help me show you up though, homie.

[evil English accent] We know all your secrets...[/eEa] And I'd throw down some kind of witty and cutting rejoinder, but to be honest, you're probably right - like I said, it's been over two years. You'll run circles around me. Literally.

Edit: I'll give you money if you never, ever use 'gangsta' talk on me again.
    If basketball still train on Friday and Saturday nights (how woeful is that, seriously?)

The who how in the what now? That doesn't sound good...have to check into that. I guess the more serious sports-heads aren't really heavy drinkers. Eh, I'll give it a try, if it doesn't work out, two sports should be enough to stop that heart attack for another few years.

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote:
    My biggest concern for the year is taking up a sport so that I get fit again
    I lost a tonne of weight (not literally) over the summer just going to the gym. Problem is, I went overboard on the sausage and pizza and other such European delicacies on my travels. Gyms are highly boring places so I haven't been bothered getting back into the habit of going regularly. Last time I went was over a week ago.

Sports are definitely the way to go. The training means you get regular exercise, but you don't spend half an hour looking at yourself running in a mirror and you're not subjected to the twits at 98fm blaring Shakira or the Black Eyed Peas or whatevs, so you don't get bored/suicidal.

I'm thinking seriously about Tennis. I think it may be the surfacing of my guilt after owning a tennis court for the past umpteen years and rarely playing in it. Plus, I get to wear nifty white shorts and grunt loudly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

You own a tennis court? Now that's swish.

Troglodyte wrote:
    You own a tennis court? Now that's swish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Nice one. So how did it come about that you own it? Inheritance, or did you just acquire it mafia style? ;)

I own a pool table. Doesn't sound quite as fancy does it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I own a tennis court that turns into a pool.

I own a tennis court that pulls back to allow a thunderbird rocket to launch.

i thought that was a pool?

there's was a pool. mines better.

• Advertisement

Pool is so much cooler than a tennis court, though a tennis court that open's up to be a pool which open's up to launch thunderbird 1 would be cooler again(though i always rathered thunderbird 2 it launched from a runway...)

Advertisement