Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

sassyj wrote: »
    Anyone using iReach, seem very slow in sending out vouchers

iReach is a pain in the ass. Most of the time I can't even get on to their website. I only requested my first voucher from them recently so I've no idea how long it takes but it takes forever to even get to the voucher threshold. Pity because their surveys are sometimes very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

anyone use toluna and are they legit as I read that they did not send the vouchers and if they did that they take months to come

More than 6 months to earn 15 lousy euros and then 8 weeks to receive voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

Oh thats awful and what about Mysurvey? im waiting for a voucher from them too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭pgj2015

think i am going to unsubscribe from irish opinions, have qualified for 1 survey out of my last 14, even before i entered my age, gender etc, it was good while it lasted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

pgj2015 wrote: »
    think i am going to unsubscribe from irish opinions, have qualified for 1 survey out of my last 14, even before i entered my age, gender etc, it was good while it lasted.

The longer you leave it to reply the higher chance of getting immediately bounced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

L1011 wrote: »
    The longer you leave it to reply the higher chance of getting immediately bounced.

True, sometimes if I click immediately after getting the email I'm told I'm unsuitable, before answering any questions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surveyguy

Hi

Maybe this should be a new thread but has anyone else received a call from Millward Brown asking them a few questions and then sending out a "booklet" that needs completing and returning for €25?

I've just sent mine back. A word of warning - it was 135 pages long and took 5-6 hours to complete

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

surveyguy wrote: »
    Hi

Maybe this should be a new thread but has anyone else received a call from Millward Brown asking them a few questions and then sending out a "booklet" that needs completing and returning for €25?

I've just sent mine back. A word of warning - it was 135 pages long and took 5-6 hours to complete

My mum did that earlier in the year. She nearly lost her life when she saw the size of it, and the level of detail required was a bit much! But for €25 it was just about worth doing :D

Yeah having since signed up to a few of the online paid survey companies and seeing what the pay it seems €25 is actually pretty good!

Any idea how Millward Brown gets numbers for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Yeah having since signed up to a few of the online paid survey companies and seeing what the pay it seems €25 is actually pretty good!

Any idea how Millward Brown gets numbers for this?

May not be connected but I've had the occasional survey where at the end ive been asked if I would agree to being contacted again for a further survey. This always required giving my phone number or email address.

• Advertisement

The one my mum did, they rang her up and asked would she do it. Not sure how they got her number, I don't think she had done online surveys etc in the past.

Hi

Just received an email from IrishOpinions, instantly clicked the link just to be told "thank you for your interest. Unfortunately we don't have any surveys for you at this time"

This happens with almost all IrishOpinions notifications that I'm sent. Does this happen anyone else? Any idea why?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hi

Just received an email from IrishOpinions, instantly clicked the link just to be told "thank you for your interest. Unfortunately we don't have any surveys for you at this time"

This happens with almost all IrishOpinions notifications that I'm sent. Does this happen anyone else? Any idea why?

Thanks

Occasionally, but not so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jpwkvl

5th December 2015

I regularly receive emailed surveys from Irish Options.

I have found that having answered surveys, my account hasn’t been credited with the rewards

Emails addressed to Member Services regarding problems encountered with Irish Options services aren’t answered these days

The options for redeeming rewards are exceedingly limited & have become more so every time I’ve looked

jpwkvl wrote: »
    5th December 2015

I have found that having answered surveys, my account hasn’t been credited with the rewards

Emails addressed to Member Services regarding problems encountered with Irish Options services aren’t answered these days

The options for redeeming rewards are exceedingly limited & have become more so every time I’ve looked
    I've actually found their responses have improved in recent months and the resolution of disputes is much better.

The only change in rewards I have noticed is the dropping of Amazon vouchers a good while back. I agree that the choices of rewards is poor however.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've actually found their responses have improved in recent months and the resolution of disputes is much better.

Ditto. You no longer get the responses making it out that it was your fault if you get paid out for a mistake, for instance.

More surveys pay instantly, the Pending list is shorter than it ever has been.

Shipping of vouchers is still crap, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

jpwkvl wrote: »
    5th December 2015

I'm having no luck with IO surveys the last while either, despite clicking straight away and trying several times afterwards. What email address did you forward your queries to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

I got that €22.50 one from IO as well, and the same error message at the end. No sign of the credit. I've emailed them about it. They've been pretty responsive to complaints in the past, so we shall see… I agree that their reward offerings aren't the best. I'd much prefer cash straight to PayPal or at least restoring the Amazon option. I think when they dropped Amazon they said they'd have some exciting new rewards options very soon, but nothing ever materialized.

Europinions, on the other hand, seem to have gone to pot, for me at least: very few surveys, lots of screening out (particularly after the whole survey's been finished), credit never turning up, slow to respond to queries. That and the fact that they won't pay out on anything less than €30 means I'll probably dump them as soon as I hit that (if I ever do).

IrishOpinions and redc are the same company yeah?

Just did an IrishOpinions survey but when I clicked into it it was a redc template with the branding on top.

Just did an IrishOpinions survey but when I clicked into it it was a redc template with the branding on top.

No. Entirely different.

RedC will occasionally subcontract surveys out if they can't fill them from their own panels.

• Advertisement

I don't think they are the same company, I think RedC and others get IO to host some of their surveys to get more responses. I've sometimes done the same survey for both companies. (Ahem, I mean, no, no I haven't!)

dee_mc wrote: »
    I don't think they are the same company, I think RedC and others get IO to host some of their surveys to get more responses. I've sometimes done the same survey for both companies. (Ahem, I mean, no, no I haven't!)

I'd be very careful with cookies and IP addresses doing that... having work and home computers and private browsing helps though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Did anyone do this one today for Nivea skin care products?
    Survey topic:

Personal care

Reward for qualification and completion:

€1.50

Survey length:

20 minutes

Available until:

2015-12-19, or until we reach our target number of completed interviews.

I completed the survey as normal, but it is not showing in my pending credits. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

speaking of redcdid the cheques come to anyone yet this month

RainyDay wrote: »
    Did anyone do this one today for Nivea skin care products?

I completed the survey as normal, but it is not showing in my pending credits. Any ideas?

Mine is showing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Another Irish Opinons survey....another "Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, we don’t have any available surveys for you at this time. Please try again later" message

Surely I'm not the only one :/

Another Irish Opinons survey....another "Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, we don’t have any available surveys for you at this time. Please try again later" message

Surely I'm not the only one :/

I have never had as many successful surveys; €54.75 in the past month alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭pgj2015

does anyone have problems redeeming money from ask me pay me, I have been trying to redeem money from them the last two days but it wont allow me for some reason.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    does anyone have problems redeeming money from ask me pay me, I have been trying to redeem money from them the last two days but it wont allow me for some reason.

It can be a bit glitchy at times and I have had on occasion to try over a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Mine is showing now.

Looks like it has gone through now, directly to the awards balance, and not 'pending' - but is there any way for me to check this? Can I see a history of my awards balance?

Advertisement