Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Acumen is great. Decent rewards for the amount of time the surveys take and you have a wide selection of vouchers etc to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Irish opinions just gave me, 2x €1 and 1x 75c for surveys that dumped me out near the end. That's a first for me. I usually just get a form letter reply about quotas. Change of ownership seems to have improved customer service - not before time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Can anyone give me a quick summary of which survey sites are worthwhile? I've been using redc for a while and find them good. Any others worth the effort?

As stated already, Acumen, RedC and IrishOpinions are the top ones. Another one I use is Clixsense just for their surveys. They have other options to make money but the surveys do the job for me. They email you survey invites but also there are 4 survey companies in their survey section that you can click on to see if there are open surveys, paying from $0.75 to $1. You can cashout to Paypal which is paid every Wednesday when you reach $8.

Here's a referral link if you want to sign up :D

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Maybe I'm just tired and a bit thick but I can't see how to redeem my points with Opinion World. I have 1200 points. Anyone able to shed some light?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

dee_mc wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just tired and a bit thick but I can't see how to redeem my points with Opinion World. I have 1200 points. Anyone able to shed some light?

You need to log on via the .ie site not the .com site - both work to take Irish surveys though

There should be a "Rewards" button with a downward arrow at the very top in the middle of the page. Click this, then "Rewards" on the menu. You can select from there what you want.

Arrives very fast it seems - but you may get multiple envelopes if you get an item in multiples of 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

The IE site won't let me log in at the moment, maybe that is your problem too?

Toxica wrote: »
    The IE site won't let me log in at the moment, maybe that is your problem too?

I managed to log in and then couldn't order a voucher as it said my address was unconfirmed... updated address, clicked on confirmation email to confirm the change of address, and it's unchanged :( I've emailed them to see what the story is, no great hassle anyway as I only have €10 worth of redeemable points and don't have anything in mind that I want to buy at any of the participating stores right now!

I managed to log in and then couldn't order a voucher as it said my address was unconfirmed... updated address, clicked on confirmation email to confirm the change of address, and it's unchanged :( I've emailed them to see what the story is, no great hassle anyway as I only have €10 worth of redeemable points and don't have anything in mind that I want to buy at any of the participating stores right now!

Oh god, that's annoying, hope they get back to you soon. There is another tab on the rewards page where you can redeem for Amazon vouchers in case you hadn't seen it, I'm pretty sure they are sent to you instantly too as far as I can remember, with 1200 points you'd get about £11 I think. :)

I think perhaps it was just my laptop not letting me sign in, it's being weird tonight. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Once I confirmed my address I just ordered without checking whether the site had updated - and they arrived. I just withdrew to a physical shop that I have in my town that I use due to having no other need for stuff - I far prefer Tesco vouchers or cash but Boots will do.

the .ie site frequently has login issues and they had a serious problem a few months ago with all email invites failing so I always use .com except when claiming. If you try claim on .com it fails, but the surveys work right down to giving the Irish charity selection at the end.

Was looking at OpinionWorld there. It has a banner promoting something about being able to redeem as little as 250 points for a £2.50 amazon voucher. I have 550 points. Had a look, says I need a minimum of 585 points to redeem an amazon voucher.

Odd.

• Advertisement

Was looking at OpinionWorld there. It has a banner promoting something about being able to redeem as little as 250 points for a £2.50 amazon voucher. I have 550 points. Had a look, says I need a minimum of 585 points to redeem an amazon voucher.

Odd.

UK banner, UK points equivalent. Why it shows I dunno. 585 should get a £5 voucher which is far superior to the exchange rate right now - though a bit worse than Shop&Scan's €11=£10 rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Only really active on Red C. Getting close to my first €50 :D, on average I find surveys take twice the estimated time as some of the questions get quite protracted. The survey for a certain soft drink was pretty protracted when it came to pack sizes, users, occasions, frequencies etc etc.
    One survey this week sent me to an external site for a €5 survey, this is yet to be credited to my account. Does anyone know if this is typical. A survey yesterday was immediately credited to my account upon completion but no sign of payment for this one. Hope I haven't missed payment on any others.
    Missed an occasional one because of timing, or less often because of demographics.
    My holidays mean't I just missed hitting €50, within 3 months. Still a week till the end of month, would not say no to an extra €50 September.

RedC surveys can take a fair few days (albeit they usually are instant).

RedC surveys are instant for me, but the 2 times they sent me to an external survey site it took about a week to credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Only really active on Red C. Getting close to my first €50 :D, on average I find surveys take twice the estimated time as some of the questions get quite protracted. The survey for a certain soft drink was pretty protracted when it came to pack sizes, users, occasions, frequencies etc etc.
    I did one like that recently. It said it should take 25 minutes, and although some of the questions were quite tedious it only took about 10. I wasn't rushing through it either. I find that with RedC in particular the surveys are always shorter than they say they'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

RedC are classy in that they always respond when contacted about a survey you feel you completed unrewarded. Just log down the date and number of the survey in question. I got a €4 bump a few months back due to this.

I did one like that recently. It said it should take 25 minutes, and although some of the questions were quite tedious it only took about 10. I wasn't rushing through it either. I find that with RedC in particular the surveys are always shorter than they say they'll be.

With the exception of the most recent survey they take me much longer than suggested. The benefit over of other survey sites is much quicker to inform me if I am in an excluded demographic, and that I can see me balance right on mty account. Put hours into some other site to be excluded multiple times, way into the surveys. Issue for me is when you have to answer for multiple people in the household and have to think of all the time you have used a given product. Hard to take them back when you have already entered them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Does anyone know how to shut down an account with Acumen? Read their FAG which states that there is a button on your profile page to request that your account be deleted....but I can't for the life of me find it :(

Does anyone know how to shut down an account with Acumen? Read their FAG which states that there is a button on your profile page to request that your account be deleted....but I can't for the life of me find it :(

You're probably better off just emailing them and asking them to do it, they're very helpful usually I find. Their email is info(at)acumenpanel.ie

Go to your profile and manage your account. There is a button to unregister

• Advertisement

Another €4 survey today on Bank from Red C. I need another €2 to make my first cheque or that external survey for €5 to clear my account. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Once you request a voucher from Irish Opinions, how long does it normally take to get it in the post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Once you request a voucher from Irish Opinions, how long does it normally take to get it in the post?

Couple of weeks, usually. Things seem to be a bit slower with them at the moment tho.

Anyone here using surveycompare? Any good?

Anyone here using surveycompare? Any good?

It's just a half way house to survey companies you can sign up to anyway. The Fact that they list Toluna and MySurvey in the top 4 panels doesn't give them any merit in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bassface93

just got my first 1000 points on acumen! anybody with any experience with acumen know how long they take to credit the points? (they are currently pending approval)

bassface93 wrote: »
    just got my first 1000 points on acumen! anybody with any experience with acumen know how long they take to credit the points? (they are currently pending approval)

The payment comes with a couple of days

Acumen's sort of sprung back to life for me after a fairly barren period. 15.50 in two weeks after maybe four weeks of absolutely nothing. By comparison, OpinionWorld has gone dead.

A slow few weeks for me on Red C but my latest survey tipped my balance over €50. If I have understood correctly, I can expect my first cheque at some stage in the first half of next month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

A slow few weeks for me on Red C but my latest survey tipped my balance over €50. If I have understood correctly, I can expect my first cheque at some stage in the first half of next month.

yes, 1 to 2 weeks max.

Advertisement